• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Discussion: LGBTQ+ Rights XVI - Part 6

2020:

It’s personal with Rowling to an unhinged and detrimental to others degree.

Last edited:
...and that's why Rowling is rebooting Harry Potter into a TV series.

Rowling was spewing some other unhinged takes the other day that it's male progressives fault that the far right loves her and her political positions and she says male feminists are all a bunch fakes because she (falsely) claims they only care about women's rights where they can also benefit. Rowling is that the old racist bigot drunk relative at a family holiday dinner that also keeps yelling that the earth is 5000 years old.

I mean, its clear she has deep, deep issues from the abuse of her husband. But its also clear, with a bit of a closer look at Harry Potter (and having read an anti-Potter book, it helps bring them into the light, imo), you see strains of various classist thought.

The timeline of JK Rowling dropping the mask, is one that i still cant really grasp.
Sure, there are some questionable things in her Books...but how did it end up here?
And why?

Its not like she needs the attention or the money from right wingers etc.
She is one of the richest people in England right?
How she turned from beloved author of Harry Potter books, to a deranged, hate filled extremist...i still dont fully get.

Honestly, she has never handled criticism that well. And its clear she tries to put up a show for what she feels like is the popular "correct" views. And her wealth has only isolated her even more. And honestly, it never stops with just "asking questions". My limited look at it seems that it is a rabbit hole that just quickly engulfs a person.

The timeline of JK Rowling dropping the mask, is one that i still cant really grasp.
Sure, there are some questionable things in her Books...but how did it end up here?
And why?

Its not like she needs the attention or the money from right wingers etc.
She is one of the richest people in England right?
How she turned from beloved author of Harry Potter books, to a deranged, hate filled extremist...i still dont fully get.
Money corrupts? It really is appalling. :(

Can't post it here, because of language, but Adele went off on someone last night who yelled out "Pride sucks!" at her concert last night.

Somebody needs to explain to me what is so scary about drag. If you don't like it, don't go to a show. How hard is that?

Republicans want to control everyone’s life.

It’s less fear per se and more control.

They want to limit Black voters.

They want to control what women do with their bodies.

They want to chase families with trans kids out of state and control their bodies.

They want to ban gay kids from feeling safe and being able to learn about themselves.

The last three particularly hurt children and teens, all while stating they’re “for the kids.”

They say they’re against “cancel culture” all while attacking companies and people they deem “woke” (or simply supporting diversity), since it doesn’t matter to them they don’t need to buy or watch something - they want to control what everyone has access to.

All demonstrate they desire to control everyone who isn’t a straight, white, Christian male.

Their being drawn to authoritarian figures - such as Trump - isn’t surprising, rather it’s par the course.

Once you view everything through a lens of them wanting control, it all clicks.

Republicans want to control everyone’s life.

It’s less fear per se and more control.

They want to limit Black voters.

They want to control what women do with their bodies.

They want to chase families with trans kids out of state and control their bodies.

They want to ban gay kids from feeling safe and being able to learn about themselves.

The last three particularly hurt children and teens, all while stating they’re “for the kids.”

They say they’re against “cancel culture” all while attacking companies and people they deem “woke” (or simply supporting diversity), since it doesn’t matter to them they don’t need to buy or watch something - they want to control what everyone has access to.

All demonstrate they desire to control everyone who isn’t a straight, white, Christian male.

Their being drawn to authoritarian figures - such as Trump - isn’t surprising, rather it’s par the course.

Once you view everything through a lens of them wanting control, it all clicks.
Makes me sad for my country. I don't want the American Taliban to be in charge. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"