Discussion: Society and Politics

Men are taking this class to become better husbands, brothers and sons
CNN visits a school in Bogota where adult men and teenagers learn how to care for newborns, make ponytails and better engage with their emotions. Stefano Pozzebon examines how this class aims to rebalance household responsibilities. Editor's Note: This story is part of As Equals, CNN's ongoing series on gender inequality. For information about how the series is funded and more, check out our FAQs.

A long time ago there used to be things called or referred to as 'finishing schools' or 'charm' schools for young women. I've wondered if there is a need for such things but now for young men to avoid the lure of the online grifters that don't improve your life like Tate and Rogan. The problem comes if and when such men like those worm their way into running those schools and classes.

So…a trailer was found on fire in Tennessee today. When the fire was put out, it was found to be full of Bibles.

A trailer of Bibles, in the south, intentionally burned, on Easter. I’m an atheist and even I cringe at that. If that isn’t an “eff you” then I don’t know what is.

So…a trailer was found on fire in Tennessee today. When the fire was put out, it was found to be full of Bibles.

A trailer of Bibles, in the south, intentionally burned, on Easter. I’m an atheist and even I cringe at that. If that isn’t an “eff you” then I don’t know what is.
Any chance it was a trailer full of those $60 Trump Bibles? :o

Last edited:
Courtesy of the British conservative party, what may be the worst political graphic I've seen:

Edit:

They took it down lol !

But I have a screenshot !

Screenshot_20240405-074417.png

Despair makes young US men more conservative ahead of US election, poll shows​

A large global survey issued on Friday showed a surge in despair and disillusionment with established politics, particularly among young American men, the only U.S. population group to turn more conservative over the past decade.

The study, opens new tab by the international research agency Glocalities, shared with Reuters, offered context for November's U.S. presidential poll and a plethora of votes worldwide, including a European Union parliamentary election in June.
Social media algorithms were magnifying the trend by drawing "moderately conservative young men towards more extreme and radical conservative male role models and world views".
"Globally young women are likely the most liberal group in human history," the report said.

Young women were worried above all about social issues such as sexual harassment, domestic violence, child abuse and neglect.

Young men were more geared towards achieving social and economic status, and set store by conservative family values and competition, bravery and honour.
If the report offered a glimmer of optimism, it was among the world's men and women over 55, the only groups to become generally more hopeful over the decade, as well as more liberal.

who-americans-spend-time-with.jpg

Axios - Births dropped in 2023, ending pandemic baby boom

Fs80fNt.png

The U.S. population has still been growing, albeit slower, and you have immigration - both documented and undocumented - to thank for that…else the population of the United States would be shrinking.

Global map:

1280px-Total_Fertility_Rate_Map_by_Country.svg.png

Map of countries by total fertility rate.

Last edited:

Fs80fNt.png

The U.S. population has still been growing, albeit slower, and you have immigration - both documented and undocumented - to thank for that…else the population of the United States would be shrinking.

Global map:

Everything is too expensive now. I'm not surprised the birth rate in the US dropped.

Fs80fNt.png

Global map:

There's enough people on the planet already. Too many!

Everything is too expensive now. I'm not surprised the birth rate in the US dropped.

Daycare in my area is $25,000/year for the first two years, then maybe $10,000/year for the two years after that. In the year after, pre-K is typically available.

A typical house is $400,000. So you probably need $30,000 for the closing costs, then $4,500/month for mortgage, insurance, utilities, upkeep.

A car, with insurance and gas, will come at $700/month, if you can manage $1000 for the down payment.

So that's like $7000/month already.

But the real problem is that young people are drinking $5 lattees and eating smashed avo toasts.

Daycare in my area is $25,000/year for the first two years, then maybe $10,000/year for the two years after that. In the year after, pre-K is typically available.

A typical house is $400,000. So you probably need $30,000 for the closing costs, then $4,500/month for mortgage, insurance, utilities, upkeep.

A car, with insurance and gas, will come at $700/month, if you can manage $1000 for the down payment.

So that's like $7000/month already.

But the real problem is that young people are drinking $5 lattees and eating smashed avo toasts.
Don't forget them needing to the most current phones and cable packages. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"