Discussion: The DEMOCRATIC P - Part 3

Live Election Results: Virginia

Virginia Republicans hold small majorities in both the House of Delegates and the State Senate. All 140 legislative seats are on the ballot and Democrats are aiming to take full control of state government for the first time since 1994. Democrats have a significant fund-raising advantage in Tuesday's races, while Republicans are hoping to hold on to suburban seats that have sent its lawmakers to Richmond for decades.

State Senate
Dem. 21 won 1 lead / Rep. 14 won 4 lead

If that holds the Democrats will have a 22-18 majority.

House of Delegates
Dem. 42 won 12 lead / Rep. 36 won 9 lead / Ind. 1 lead

If that holds the Democrats will have a 54-45-1 majority.

Also...control over redistricting after the 2020 census.

With Democrat Ralph Northam as governor, if Democrats flip the chambers, they would control all three branches of government for the first time in 25 years. A trifecta would allow Democrats to determine where redistricting lines are drawn following the 2020 census.

Democrats could flip Virginia state legislature in critical election

Last edited:

An important note, Trump won Kentucky by 30% in 2016.

KY will stay red for the foreseeable future, given that the rest of the ballot stayed ruby red (apart from the governor’s race).

But this should put Mitch on edge and puts wind in McGrath’s Senate chances.

Proof that any palooka can be a politician and it’s pointless being so holy and zealous about any of them.

Proof that any palooka can be a politician and it’s pointless being so holy and zealous about any of them.
I'd take the overacting Progressive vs Orange man. :o I think Arnie proved this already.

Cenk does everything he can, wittingly or not, to improve Trump’s odds by discrediting every single Democratic candidate except Bernie.

Cenk does everything he can, wittingly or not, to improve Trump’s odds by discrediting every single Democratic candidate except Bernie.
Eh. He props up Warren, the Squad, Jayapal, and has on a few upcoming Progressive candidates that wouldn't get airtime otherwise. He's biased, but not for just Sanders. He at least acknowledged tearing down others was part of the problem in 2016.

I'd take the overacting Progressive vs Orange man. :o I think Arnie proved this already.

Not if palookas like him end up strengthening Trump’s hand though, and he’s a far cry from the governator.

Hmm those are some mighty incel-ly comments he was making, let’s see if there’s an outcry questioning his mental health and deeming him unfit to hold public office.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"