Discussion: The Economy, Fiscal Cliff, National Debt, And Other Financial Issues III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched Obama's meet the press last night on NBC and toward the end he wanted to point out that people think this Fiscal Cliff deal is still going on because both parties won't work it out. Which he then went on to pretty much put the whole blame on the Reps. I felt that was a low move on his part.

I watched Obama's meet the press last night on NBC and toward the end he wanted to point out that people think this Fiscal Cliff deal is still going on because both parties won't work it out. Which he then went on to pretty much put the whole blame on the Reps. I felt that was a low move on his part.

Well, that is his usual schtick...but he needs to realize that he won. He now needs to be The President, and rise above any kind of blame statements because he is the one that needs to bring the two sides together. If he doesn't learn how to do that, we will not see much change from the last 4 years.

This is the budget crap all. What ore is obama supposed to do? What more is he supposed to concede?

Kelly, Obama is not the one who needs to realize he won - the republicans need to realize Obama won. Romney and his tax plan lost.

This is the budget crap all. What ore is obama supposed to do? What more is he supposed to concede?

Kelly, Obama is not the one who needs to realize he won - the republicans need to realize Obama won. Romney and his tax plan lost.

Sorry Excel, but your obsession of Obama keeps you from having an objective opinion. I'm sorry, but he is the LEADER of the country...you have to come up with some other reasoning excel, the blaming of the opposing party just won't do anymore. Get some new material...

A certain party winning doesn't mean that the other party simply cow's down to what they want....but IT DOES mean that the winning party, ie their leader, needs to LEAD. Blaming does not equal leading....

How do you define leading? O has made far more concessions than any of the republicans thus far. This is the budget crisis all over again. Liberals are getting upset that Obama is conceding too much, yet it is still not good enough for the gop.

Obama's made more reasonable efforts to come an agreement than any republican. if you disagree, show em what concessions they have made.

How do you define leading? O has made far more concessions than any of the republicans thus far. This is the budget crisis all over again. Liberals are getting upset that Obama is conceding too much, yet it is still not good enough for the gop.

Obama's made more reasonable efforts to come an agreement than any republican. if you disagree, show em what concessions they have made.

A part of leading is when you go on a news program to talk about what you would like to do, you don't blame others for not saying yes to you, when you did the same thing just last year, with pretty much what you are wanting to do now.

I will give him this, he is bucking his party for compromise, and I can respect that, but he really needs to stop the blame game, it is an old game that just doesn't fly anymore.

If he cannot see that raising taxes, IS NOT, what is going to pay down our deficit, then he is deaf, dumb and blind. He HAS TO TALK ABOUT entitlement reform, and his inability to not even touch that with his party is IMO, a lack of leadership, and major blinders on.

I'm perfectly fine raising the tax rate back to the Clinton years, I have stated that several times here...BUT, something has to be done with this "out the ass" spending of this President, and I'm afraid he has no desire to slow that down. As has been said, time and time again, it is NOT a REVENUE PROBLEM, it is a SPENDING PROBLEM. And if people cannot see that, then it is a waste of my time talking with them about it.

A part of leading is when you go on a news program to talk about what you would like to do, you don't blame others for not saying yes to you, when you did the same thing just last year, with pretty much what you are wanting to do now.

I will give him this, he is bucking his party for compromise, and I can respect that, but he really needs to stop the blame game, it is an old game that just doesn't fly anymore.

If he cannot see that raising taxes, IS NOT, what is going to pay down our deficit, then he is deaf, dumb and blind. He HAS TO TALK ABOUT entitlement reform, and his inability to not even touch that with his party is IMO, a lack of leadership, and major blinders on.

I'm perfectly fine raising the tax rate back to the Clinton years, I have stated that several times here...BUT, something has to be done with this "out the ass" spending of this President, and I'm afraid he has no desire to slow that down. As has been said, time and time again, it is NOT a REVENUE PROBLEM, it is a SPENDING PROBLEM. And if people cannot see that, then it is a waste of my time talking with them about it.

Libertarians can see that :o but electing a Libertarian (Gary Johnson) or libertarian leaning President or libertarian-Republican(Rand Paul) in 2016 ain't likely unless major **** occurs.

O has made far more concessions than any of the republicans thus far.
Really dude? Because the Wall Street Journal pretty much portrays Obama as someone who really isn't conceding, is willing to go over the fiscal cliff, and is banking on the Republicans caving. His attitude throughout this has been horrid:

In an Oval Office meeting last week, he told Mr. Boehner that if the sides didn’t reach agreement, he would use his inaugural address and his State of the Union speech to tell the country the Republicans were at fault.

At one point, according to notes taken by a participant, Mr. Boehner told the president, “I put $800 billion [in tax revenue] on the table. What do I get for that?”

“You get nothing,” the president said. “I get that for free.”

I certainly agree that the GOP needs to realize the extent of their loss, but Obama needs to remember, he has to work with these jackasses. Being a dick to them just like he was the last time isn't exactly a strategy to win them over and compromise.

Sorry Excel, but your obsession of Obama keeps you from having an objective opinion. I'm sorry, but he is the LEADER of the country...you have to come up with some other reasoning excel, the blaming of the opposing party just won't do anymore. Get some new material...

A certain party winning doesn't mean that the other party simply cow's down to what they want....but IT DOES mean that the winning party, ie their leader, needs to LEAD. Blaming does not equal leading....

:bow::applaud:

How about the repbubs need to concede, Obama cant lead when they are in the freaking way....they want to much, i voted for Obama's plan not the repbubs....

How about the repbubs need to concede, Obama cant lead when they are in the freaking way....they want to much, i voted for Obama's plan not the repbubs....

They did, did you not read what H_H posted?

As I said before, it is a spending problem, not a revenue problem, and the President does not understand that, it doesn't matter who you voted for, what matters is what exactly needs to get done. Now, should the Tea Party members have taken Boehner's Plan B? yes....they should have, but that doesn't mean that JUST increasing is going to work. The fact that Obama thinks cutting a trillion over a 10 year period is a major deal????? is just ridiculously stupid.

And I'm sorry, but the President is ****ing hypocrite. I just watched his speech and he JUST STATED...."we can't start this debate by blaming people...." What the **** does he think he just did on "Meet The Press" yesterday....

So, #1 thing that a leader should not be....is a hypocrite.

Waiting for a list of all the Republican hypocrites....let me stop you now. I happen to believe that most politicians are hypocrites, I would like to think my President is above that....NOT the loudest voice in it.

BTW, to your "I voted for him...." I did as well in 2008....doesn't mean he did a good job, just means I voted for him.

And I hope you realize that he IS THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES, not just the President of those who voted for him.

Well, the more I listen to the President, the more it is very evident that he simply wants to go over the cliff, and has really not wanted much else....SO BE IT....my taxes will go up about $6,000+ for next year...oh well. Let the country reap what it has sewn I guess, good or bad.

Bring on the fall.....

Reps in DC getting in Obama's way were voted in by people that didn't agree with all of Obama's ideas. This country is always going to be divided on politics. Saying you voted for Obama so you want his plan is basically you saying he won the election so every rep can't have a opinion anymore.

Well, the more I listen to the President, the more it is very evident that he simply wants to go over the cliff, and has really not wanted much else....SO BE IT....my taxes will go up about $6,000+ for next year...oh well. Let the country reap what it has sewn I guess, good or bad.

Bring on the fall.....

Well...one bright side is we can see how the Libertarian Party and Green Party use the U.S. going over the Fiscal Cliff to increase their parties membership and national exposure...

:o who knows, maybe Gary Johnson will be a regular guest now on FoxNew's Red Eye with Greg Gutfeld at 3am...-_- it's the only hour libertarians get to talk on the channel.

If it really was 'Biden to the rescue' as Fox made it out to be...his 2016 chances just went up a tad.

So, Pelosi says of Obamacare bill..."We have to pass it to see what's in it...." but for this measly bill.....she needs to read it first....are you kidding me?

So, Pelosi says of Obamacare bill..."We have to pass it to see what's in it...." but for this measly bill.....she needs to read it first....are you kidding me?

She is doing her job wrong. Taxpayers pay her to vote on stuff yes, but she needs to read the bill or be given a outline of it. Goes for every bill.

I swear...I guess Ron Paul was the only person who read bills...

She is doing her job wrong. Taxpayers pay her to vote on stuff yes, but she needs to read the bill or be given a outline of it. Goes for every bill.

I swear...I guess Ron Paul was the only person who read bills...

Ron Paul did not read the Obamacare bill, nor does he read any other bills....he has people that read them for him and give him the high points and low points.

Ron Paul did not read the Obamacare bill, nor does he read any other bills....he has people that read them for him and give him the high points and low points.

-_- why must you shatter my young Libertarian mind?

:o and to think, I nearly made a joke about how he reads the bills because he can't figure out how to play angry birds on his smart phone...

So does that mean you can own up to the last 4 years being crappy under Obama?

The Repubs agreed that taxes can go up on the wealthy. They just didn't didn't agree on 250k+. I think they said 500k or a million, I can't remember...which makes much more sense. Not only is it completely ******ed to raise taxes on anybody during a recession (nobody on here can cite any example in history where that has worked EVER), but it makes the idioticness less idiotic if it's millionaires.

So they agreed to that.

What has Obama agreed to cut spending wise? All he has said is that he agrees to cuts. But...he can't name anything.

Obama's deficits are 1.2 trillion. With the tax hikes on the rich, that cuts down the deficit to 1.14 trillion. You see how idiotic that is? The Sandy relief aid bill passed by the Senate consumes all that tax revenue from the rich would bring in for 2013. We have a spending problem (not to say Sandy relief aid is bad).

The bill the Senate agreed to is like putting a piece of chewing gum in a dam with 10,000 holes in it. The agreement does nothing but kick the can down the road until the next fiscal cliff pops up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"