Discussion: The Second Amendment IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
lock Box in the trunk of yer car. no one is saying to leave it out on the dashboard.

It's a bit of a no-win. Can't take it in, but can't leave it outside.

I guess the solution would be to check the gun inside the bank with a guard.

Use the drive through teller. In a few states, leaving a gun in the glove compartment is perfectly legal without a permit. Or, leave the gun home.

If you have it concealed, why is it foolish? That's the whole point of concealed. I can understand problems with open carry, but concealed carry is different altogether.

Where have gun free zones worked again?

Last edited:
It's probably been discussed here already, but does anyone else find the new NRA line of attack by going after Obama's daughters disturbing? It is crap like that that only marginalizes this fanatical position even further.

No. Not me at least.

It's probably been discussed here already, but does anyone else find the new NRA line of attack by going after Obama's daughters disturbing? It is crap like that that only marginalizes this fanatical position even further.

I don't like using children for politics. That said, Obama isn't exactly innocent of this either.

Last edited:
There is a bill going through right now that if passed would require M rated video games been given a label that says ''content may cause agressive behavior'' or something like that. Biden meet with a lot companies of the gaming industry to discuss the situation. If I understood all that right, than I don't like this. next they will be wanting to put stickers on guns that say ''warning in the wrong hands this could kill a lot of people''. How is a label going to stop people from buying M rated games anyway? It won't stop me cause I know I can't do the things in games in real life. Parents will still buy them for they're kids anyway.

A new label won't stop anything except people trying to blame video games for behavior. If it shuts those types up, I'm all for it.

There is a bill going through right now that if passed would require M rated video games been given a label that says ''content may cause agressive behavior'' or something like that. Biden meet with a lot companies of the gaming industry to discuss the situation. If I understood all that right, than I don't like this. next they will be wanting to put stickers on guns that say ''warning in the wrong hands this could kill a lot of people''. How is a label going to stop people from buying M rated games anyway? It won't stop me cause I know I can't do the things in games in real life. Parents will still buy them for they're kids anyway.

That right there is the reason it's pointless to blame violent videogames and the game makers.

It's the parents that are at fault. If violent games do contribute to this behavior, then it's the responsibility of the parents to get off their asses and actually parent their kids and not let them play the games. Stop trying to pass the buck and get in the way of responsible adults who enjoy the games for what they are, and who have taught their children the same. (And stop getting in the way of kids who know the difference themselves.)

And that's all under the assumption it contributes to violence anyway.

That right there is the reason it's pointless to blame violent videogames and the game makers.

It's the parents that are at fault. If violent games do contribute to this behavior, then it's the responsibility of the parents to get off their asses and actually parent their kids and not let them play the games. Stop trying to pass the buck and get in the way of responsible adults who enjoy the games for what they are, and who have taught their children the same. (And stop getting in the way of kids who know the difference themselves.)

And that's all under the assumption it contributes to violence anyway.

Exactly. People were killing each other long before video games came along

Government should regulate air as well, because 100% of the criminals in prisons today breathe air.

C'mon man, as others pointed out, some decisions can't be left to the individual. Sugar has been said to be more addictive than cocaine. And surely anyone who argues for the criminalization of hard drugs such as crack or heroin should have no trouble seeing why sugar needs to be criminalized as well.

C'mon man, as others pointed out, some decisions can't be left to the individual. Sugar has been said to be more addictive than cocaine. And surely anyone who argues for the criminalization of hard drugs such as crack or heroin should have no trouble seeing why sugar needs to be criminalized as well.

Damn, really.....soooo, every morning that I put sugar on my cereal I have a chance of ODing because as you are stating sugar = cocaine. And, as we know Cocaine addiction has a strong chance of your tolerance dropping to 0 and possible overdose can happen. Holy crap....*runs to get rid of sugar*:whatever:

Damn, really.....soooo, every morning that I put sugar on my cereal I have a chance of ODing because as you are stating sugar = cocaine. And, as we know Cocaine addiction has a strong chance of your tolerance dropping to 0 and possible overdose can happen. Holy crap....*runs to get rid of sugar*:whatever:

You're aware we have an obesity problem in America right?

You're aware we have an obesity problem in America right?

Yes, and I blame MUCH MORE than sugar for it...people sitting on their asses playing video games and posting on websites is a far bigger culprit in my opinion....:cwink:

I would bet we have as many people addicted to sugar in this country that are addicted to hard drugs. Why is one okay but the other isn't? What about all the tooth decay caused by over-consumption of sugar, especially in children. Obviously the majority of people can't choose for themselves in this situation. Time for regulation.

I would bet we have as many people addicted to sugar in this country that are addicted to hard drugs. Why is one okay but the other isn't? What about all the tooth decay caused by over-consumption of sugar, especially in children. Obviously the majority of people can't choose for themselves in this situation. Time for regulation.
Still a choice that needs to regulated by the person(s), not by the government. If people are too stupid to realize too much sugar is bad and causing early death, then maybe it's just natural selection at work.

Still a choice that needs to regulated by the person(s), not by the government. If people are too stupid to realize too much sugar is bad and causing early death, then maybe it's just natural selection at work.

I agree with this actually.

I'm only trying to point out that if we use the logic of some here in regards to drug laws, those same laws could be applied to something else I'm sure they wouldn't even think of regulating. That it makes little sense to okay one but not the other when they have very similar effects on people.

Yes, and I blame MUCH MORE than sugar for it...people sitting on their asses playing video games and posting on websites is a far bigger culprit in my opinion....:cwink:

I don't know if I could choose one as being worse than the other, but yeah, all the sitting we do as a society is a big problem as well. We were designed to squat down, not sit in a chair.

I demand a warning label on all ladders. The warning should say "Could get you high".

I dislike the current rating system. Seems to tell kids the video game will be violence and gore without dissuading them from purchasing it.

Terrifying, though its Alex Jones. I doubt our troops would turn their guns on their own fellows.
Alex Jones is a nut, there's no denying that. If he and his crew were just spouting off I would roll my eyes, but that doesn't seem to be the case here.

There's actually several videos on youtube of soldiers (anonymously, obviously) pledging to choose/protect civilians by whatever means necessary if such a thing were to come to pass, and those who've come forward to post such things were speaking on behalf of the masses (and not just a small few of soldiers in agreement).

Alex Jones is a nut, there's no denying that. If he and his crew were just spouting off I would roll my eyes, but that doesn't seem to be the case here.

There's actually several videos on youtube of soldiers (anonymously, obviously) pledging to choose/protect civilians by whatever means necessary if such a thing were to come to pass, and those who've come forward to post such things were speaking on behalf of the masses (and not just a small few of soldiers in agreement).

That is reassuring, then.

Terrifying, though its Alex Jones. I doubt our troops would turn their guns on their own fellows.
Well of course the Civil War shows not all would, but keep in mind, a lot of the reason the Union and Confederacy competed with each other was money not morals. The Federal Government would wield a pretty big stick there. However it's actually not the Government specifically that you have to worry about in America, it's tyranny of the majority.

The Government in this country is a legal intermediary basically. It's basically a giant Lawyer that settles and regulates disputes between parties. But the public that whines the most usually commands their attention; and the end up choosing which things are paid attention to and which things are ignored.

That's also why, though, I think gun owners don't have much to worry about because most the more onerous gun control/gun restriction ideas don't have much widespread support. That support is the "big stick" of Government. They may get an assault weapons ban passed. I think it'll have to be substantially different from the Clinton one, which is going to make it a harder sell. I would think the nomination of an ATF is a pretty sure thing. They'll probably start pushing to get them more funding and more authority.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"