Discussion: The Second Amendment V - Part 5

It all depends on what type of smart gun you use. If it's like the current iteration requiring a bracelet that must be in close proximity with the weapon then there would be no problem teaching friends or family or with selling it. If they come up with some type of bio-metrics that go off of DNA or something similar than they should be able to register anyone who they wish access to the weapon. And with any of these measures selling of the firearm should be allowed only through a registered FFL so that the gun can be tracked and the new ownership can be registered to the new owner. Why would you assume this would mean nobody can sell their gun?

I'm also not sure what type of safes you are familiar with but the one my fathers use would take quite the able bodied thief to get into. I'm aware that not everyone can afford such a luxury but their are many options available in a wide variety of price ranges. I also think being required to lock your guns up should be a law.

I have seen videos of a couple guys with basic tools breaking into some serious looking safes.

That would all depend on how they handle the lockout system. If it is just a matter of wearing a ring that is keyed to some type of RFID system, then you could just turn over the gun and the ring to the new owner. I don't see that as a problem.

True.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...an-killed-targeted-austin-buildings/19607141/

Slain Austin shooter likely had anti-government motive

AUSTIN, Texas — A white, middle-aged gunman, in what appears to be a politically motivated anti-government attack linked to immigration, fired more than a hundred rounds at buildings in downtown Austin early Friday and tried to set fire to the Mexican consulate before he died of a gunshot wound.

The unidentified suspect was described as white male in his 50s with a criminal record.

Police were investigating whether the gunman was killed by a police officer who fired at him in front of police headquarters or died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

A police sergeant putting away police horses for the night shot the suspect with one hand while holding two horses by the reins in the other, Austin Police Chief Art Acevedo told reporters.
Another victory for Texas Gun rights and the NRA, criminals with guns

-Couple things how is this a victory for Texas gun rights and the NRA and why did you underline his race, age and criminal background? I wasn't aware the NRA was for criminals having guns. In fact as a member at one time, I'm sure that's the complete opposite of what they want.

I was pointing out he had a criminal background, as for the NRA not wanting guns for everybody, fooled me given all the legislation they push both at a state and federal level.

Last edited:
Every law abiding citizen should be allowed to have their god given right to defend themselves gun control is unconstitutional .

Last edited:
Every law abiding citizen should be allowed to have their god given right to defend themselves gun control is unconstitutional .

Okay... so law abiding must mean that felons can't have guns right? Gasp! Gun Control! You dirty liberal hippy!
It's not a black or white issue dude. Certainly there are control measures that are fare and reasonable. And certainly we can work to keep guns out of dangerous people's hands while still promoting the right to carry guns.
The fact that some people are so against doing anything boggles my mind. As if stamping bullets would be unconstitutional, or mandating background checks for all vendors would be unconstitutional. Give me a break.

Open-Carry Gun Activist Arrested for Killing Husband and Stepdaughter

b8nxr8s8xemsepgkhnx0.jpg

"Mama didn't raise no victim": That's how a controversial Texas gun-rights group described one of its dedicated members last May. That activist was arrested Wednesday for allegedly murdering her estranged husband and stepdaughter, then driving herself to a mental hospital.

Authorities locked down a nearby elementary school as a precaution after discovering the bodies yesterday at the Arlington home Veronica Dunnachie, 35, had shared with her husband Russell, according to the Daily Mail. Dunnachie reportedly shot the Russell and his adult daughter from a previous marriage, but left three of her own children in the house unharmed.

Police found Dunnachie after the incident attempting to check herself into nearby Millwood Hospital, which "specializes in mental health and chemical dependency care," according to CBSDFW.com.

Multiple reports say relations were strained and a divorce was imminent between Russell and Veronica, who lists an armed-guard service as her employer and who, according to relatives, had recently "become very distant, lost weight and become heavily involved in gun-rights activist groups."

Indeed, Dunnachie's Facebook account was full of images showing her shooting and participating in activities with the local chapter of Open Carry Texas, a Second Amendment group so provocative that even the NRA has distanced itself from the group's tactics at times.

Dunnachie could be seen gathering with fellow gun-owners and a child at an open-carry action in a local restaurant:

obr1g8uirvxs65ysjq61.jpg

Participating at several "don't comply," "come and take it" pro-gun, anti-government rallies:

oaef2ghqreun4dxsnoyw.jpg

jg2vqsq10ac2xhuo66hg.jpg

Chilling in a Target parking lot with fellow armed citizens:

xh4uuzqqvuouw9ypwsrq.jpg

Firing a Chinese-made version of the AK-47 assault-style rifle:

fgw3auqojalv5rtcwtsh.jpg

Target-shooting a bipod-mounted AR-15 variant:

ixr12okpjrlk0y7ttbw3.jpg

And expressing her political preferences:

hbf7hx4kj9zino311wsw.jpg

Open Carry Texas hasn't made an official comment on Dunnachie's case yet, but the group's head, C.J. Grisham, issued a personal condolence on his Facebook site. "My thoughts are with my friends who lost a good friend," he wrote. "You know who you are and I'm thinking of you." That led to some interesting responses from his followers and friends.

"I knew her, I'm not that surprised," commenter Bobby Thomas wrote. Another commenter responded: "A few people are saying what you said, Bobby Thomas. Still, when anyone does something like that it's a little shocking.. Just a bit."

As police assemble their case against Dunnachie, those who know her in the pro-gun cause and outside it will likely pore over her posts for clues as to what may have happened—posts like the profile picture she added on New Year's Day 2013:

g3bkvqmo7co03v9lbmb4.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-arrested-driving-nearby-mental-hospital.html

So where are all the people claiming these open carry idiots are harmless and just ant to protect themselves now?

I have seen videos of a couple guys with basic tools breaking into some serious looking safes.

So what's your point? Do you think the average bad guy is capable of something like that? I know how to pick locks and get into almost anywhere I want but it's a skill I honed for a while and takes time to master. Had I not worked for a company that required that skill I wouldn't have learned it. I would say the good majority of simple minded criminals aren't willing to invest the time to learn lock picking or safe cracking. That's a different caliber of criminal and those tend to use as little violence as possible because they are on the smart side of the spectrum.

Back to your point about safes being able to be cracked, does these mean you think nobody should lock up their weapons? It actually gives credence to my theory that all guns should be smart weapons that are only allowed to be fired by their registered owners and they need to be sold at licensed dealers so they can be tracked. I guarantee you if we were to implement those kind of standards within 10 years we would start to see a dramatic reduction in gun crimes across America.

So where are all the people claiming these open carry idiots are harmless and just ant to protect themselves now?

In other words, because one moron went and killed people means that ALL people who choose to open carry are now dangerous? Do you not see the fallacy of this?

In other words, because one moron went and killed people means that ALL people who choose to open carry are now dangerous? Do you not see the fallacy of this?
He probably doesn't because he's so blinded in his biases.

Sweet another charter member for Wayne Lapierre's Good Guys with Guns Club

So what's your point? Do you think the average bad guy is capable of something like that? I know how to pick locks and get into almost anywhere I want but it's a skill I honed for a while and takes time to master. Had I not worked for a company that required that skill I wouldn't have learned it. I would say the good majority of simple minded criminals aren't willing to invest the time to learn lock picking or safe cracking. That's a different caliber of criminal and those tend to use as little violence as possible because they are on the smart side of the spectrum.

Back to your point about safes being able to be cracked, does these mean you think nobody should lock up their weapons? It actually gives credence to my theory that all guns should be smart weapons that are only allowed to be fired by their registered owners and they need to be sold at licensed dealers so they can be tracked. I guarantee you if we were to implement those kind of standards within 10 years we would start to see a dramatic reduction in gun crimes across America.
I would say that a small degree of uniformity of gun laws would see a dramatic reduction than smart weapons would. The biggest problem that we see with gun crimes in areas such as Chicago is the complete lack of uniformity. Cities like Chicago and New York City have much stricter gun laws than the states that they reside in. And to make it even worse, they're in close proximity to states where the gun laws are much, much looser. When you have essentially completely different sets of laws that are completely incompatible with one another, chaos is guaranteed. It's why places like Chicago look like a disaster zone with gun crimes even though they have some of the strictest gun laws in the nation.

I would say that a small degree of uniformity of gun laws would see a dramatic reduction than smart weapons would. The biggest problem that we see with gun crimes in areas such as Chicago is the complete lack of uniformity. Cities like Chicago and New York City have much stricter gun laws than the states that they reside in. And to make it even worse, they're in close proximity to states where the gun laws are much, much looser. When you have essentially completely different sets of laws that are completely incompatible with one another, chaos is guaranteed. It's why places like Chicago look like a disaster zone with gun crimes even though they have some of the strictest gun laws in the nation.

I think you can reduce it to this. When you put a bunch of poor people in a small condensed area, crap is going to happen(just look at gun violence in some of those Latin countries)

I think you can reduce it to this. When you put a bunch of poor people in a small condensed area, crap is going to happen(just look at gun violence in some of those Latin countries)
Poverty is another factor to take into account. Good point.

Poverty is another factor to take into account. Good point.

In all reality you would probably do more for urban gun violence by fighting against poverty then fighting for any gun regulation, but you hardly see either side push that(the right generally will blame the community but not give any ways to fix it, the left seems to get way over focused on guns being the only problem and seem to not mix the 2 issues)

On the subject of antigun people, if they really want to pass legislation do what Reagen did in California as Governor, point out how black people use guns. lol

Last edited:

It's true have you ever seen the history of Reagan's gun control in California. He had overwhelming support using the Black Panthers with guns as boogie men(probably because they marched into a government building with guns claiming their second amendment rights).

Lol. Wow, you are definitely taking most of what I say the wrong way.

No, I am ABSOLUTELY NOT saying that people should not store their guns in the most safe and secured location (the ones not on my person are always in my safe). My comment was more of a sidebar that even many of the safes that appear secure can be opened relatively easily and more quickly than one would expect. These demonstrations I mentioned showed 2 guys with just crowbars opening decent looking safes in about 90 seconds. It wasn't a skill that they had honed, they just went to work on the door with the crowbars.

ANY layer of protection between a child or criminal and a firearm is better than nothing. Obviously, the more layers or stronger the layers, the better.

gun control is unconstitutional? the constitution actually uses the term "well regulated"!

gun control is unconstitutional? the constitution actually uses the term "well regulated"!

"Well regulated" as used in the constitution meant well supplied and equipped, not reguliated as it means today. The phrase had a different meaning when the constitution was written.

"Well regulated" as used in the constitution meant well supplied and equipped, not reguliated as it means today. The phrase had a different meaning when the constitution was written.

When the Constitution was written we basically had muskets, bayonets, pistols and rifles, should we assume those the only guns that are allowed or will be regulated?

Back in those days it meant in good working order, but that begs the question, who determines that a militia is in good working order? If a government is to call upon a militia for combat, I think they would get a say so on that matter.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"