Discussion: The Second Amendment V - Part 5

Looks like Obama may be trying to an end-around solution to getting assault weapons banned by having the ATF draw up a proposal that would be the framework for an executive action that'd make common rifle rounds illegal due to their "armor piercing capabilities."

http://www.forbes.com/sites/frankminiter/2015/02/24/why-is-the-atf-moving-to-ban-common-rifle-ammo/

And it has already created yet another panic buying situation for that type of ammo. My local stores are sold out as well as many online retailers. Some private individuals on gun websites like ar15.com and others are selling their supplies for as much as $1 per round.

According to an article that I just read, the ATF said the basis for this is this ammo being used in ar15 pistols could cause a dangerous situation for law enforcement officers, as a "bad guy" could more easily hide an ar15 pistol, but still be loaded up with a 30 round magazine or "armor piercing" ammo.
(Article I read was from the Washington Examiner).

It's Way Too Easy to Build Your Own Gun From eBay

jkie7btuzb2osdr232ob.jpg

You can find just about anything you want on eBay, from duct tape to Kim Kardashian's old clothes. It's a magical place! It's also an online retailer violating its own rules, and helping buyers sidestep California law, because you can easily buy and sell assault weapons parts on the website.

No need for DIY assault weapon enthusiasts to go to specialty shops: There's plenty of gun parts for sale on eBay. Simply by digging around on the site, Reveal found listings for nearly every part of a semi-automatic AR-15 readily available. There's only one gun part not accounted for on eBay: the lower receiver, which is regulated. But someone can assemble everything else and then build their own receiver, or buy one privately.

Even though eBay policy bans "parts or accessories for assault weapons," there are hundreds of gun accessories you can find, from muzzle brakes to pistol grips.

jbizctxjhpvgnp1hfrl1.png

Now, eBay has tools it uses to flag and ban content that violates its terms and breaks the law. The company uses keyword filters to pull up suspicious items, and people can flag stuff as well. But it's obviously not working. Savvy sellers make a point not to explicitly mention assault rifle compatibility when they sell parts meant to be used with the rifles, for instance. Others, like a seller called "AR15 Solutions," don't even bother.

This isn't a problem limited to eBay. Basically any big platform where people gather can become a marketplace for items that break the law and violate terms of service. Instagram and Facebook have received criticism from anti-gun lobbies for their failure to keep gun sales off the services, for instance.

It's probably impossible to keep gun sales and gun part sales offline completely. Even if large e-commerce platforms manage to actually figure out better ways to kick off gun sellers, there's always black markets like The Armory. But eBay is an enormous retailer with plenty of resources, and it's solutions so far have come up laughably short. Why not hire a team to manually trawl and flag for potential gun-parts sellers?

Well, eBay does take a cut of every sale, whether or not it's a sale that violates its terms or the law. So unless pressure gets placed on the company to take a more proactive approach to stopping these gun part and accessory sales, there's not much to gain from truly cracking down.

http://www.revealnews.org/article/ebay-sellers-easily-skirt-rules-banning-assault-weapon-parts/

That's the thing with the internet, if you want and look hard enough you will almost always find it

There is some speculation that all involved (buyers included) are actors and are in on this video.

With that said, I noticed a few other things...for example, when the shotgun is racked, the action does not appear to open, so these could simply be guns that have been made un-shootable through removing certain parts or other means. Because the thing is, if the store has not lawfully obtained a FFL license and this was done merely to make a video, the seller/owner of the store/maker of the video could face charges for illegal gun sales (or the attempt to do such). Again, could all be actors.

But for example, if the potential buyers are not actors, I HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY doubt that the firearms are what the seller claimed (firearms used in crimes, accidental deaths and so on), but there is almost no way the ar15 used by Adam Lanza is in that store. Many of these guns are still in evidence rooms or other secured locations. Even after investigations are completed, trials or other court proceedings are conducted and any appeals made, it can still be difficult for a family member or other person to obtain the firearms that they may rightfully own. For example, a stolen firearm that is later used in a shooting. For the true owner (who had the gun stolen) to get their own gun back, it will be a lengthy and annoying process...if they even choose to do so!

In all of my time investigating serious felony crimes such murders, robberies, home invasions, shootings, and so on (along with other crimes that did not involve weapons, like child molestations), I only ever had 1 person ask me to return a firearm to them. It was a mother whose son (adult, about 40 years old), had used the family revolver to commit suicide. After the case had been completed and so on, she made contact with me and had to complete various paperwork, not to mention drive several hours, to pick up his items, which included the firearm.

So again, I believe that every part of the video may have been staged, but if not, I firmly believe that the guns are not what the seller claims.

Either way, I say shame on those who made this ruse happen.

Here is a wacky theory, he worked there for 4 years and wants to move on in his life to a better(higher paying) job that has less hassles.
I'm going to go with this theory.

Be warned....a good guy with a gun story is contained within (and copy and paste version below)

http://dailycaller.com/2015/03/22/concealed-carrier-saved-a-lot-of-people-after-gunman-opened-fire-in-philly-barbershop-video/

A legal gun carrier likely saved several lives — including those of children — after another man pulled a gun and began shooting at a Philadelphia barber on Sunday, police said.

Warren Edwards, 40, was involved in an argument at Falah Barbershop at around 3 p.m. A witness told WTFX that when a barber at the West Philadelphia business told Edwards to “chill out,” he pulled a gun and began shooting.

Between eight and 10 people were in the barbershop at the time, including children.

Police said a customer who had just walked into the barbershop pulled out his own gun and shot Edwards several times, hitting him in the chest. Edwards died on the way to the hospital.

“The person who responded was a legal gun permit carrier,” Philadelphia police department Cpt. Frank Llewellyn said, according to CBS Philly. “He responded and I guess he saved a lot of people in there.”

“Could have been a lot worse if it wasn’t for this guy who responded and basically saved a lot of people in there,” Llewellyn added.

“I take my hat off to him. It could have been a lot worse. There could have been a lot more people dead,” Bianca Brown, who lives in the neighborhood, told WTFX.

The concealed carrier turned himself in to a police precinct. It is unknown if he will face any charges, but it is believed that the shooting was a case of self-defense.

A legal gun carrier likely saved several lives — including those of children — after another man pulled a gun and began shooting at a Philadelphia barber on Sunday, police said.

Warren Edwards, 40, was involved in an argument at Falah Barbershop at around 3 p.m. A witness told WTFX that when a barber at the West Philadelphia business told Edwards to “chill out,” he pulled a gun and began shooting.

Police said a customer who had just walked into the barbershop pulled out his own gun and shot Edwards several times, hitting him in the chest. Edwards died on the way to the hospital.

Now imagine if guns were illegal nobody would have ended up dead

Question about Warren Edwards, they say he pulled out a gun and started shooting, did he actually shoot anybody? Big question is how did this guy get a gun in the first place

Last edited:
With that logic lets abolish cars, tobacco, and pools.

All I am saying is this story is supposed to be a great story about guns, well I see it a story of an idiot with a gun does something stupid then gets shot dead. As I said I question how the first shooter got a gun in the first place.

All I am saying is this story is supposed to be a great story about guns, well I see it a story of an idiot with a gun does something stupid then gets shot dead. As I said I question how the first shooter got a gun in the first place.
My point is that maybe instead of attacking the objects, we should be attacking the idiots instead. That's the real issue of gun culture IMO, not so much the actual guns themselves, but the ****ing idiots that dominate the gun culture itself with their delusional views of history, legalities, etc.

Of course instituting a mandatory nation-wide safety course before being able to purchase firearms would be far too crazy an alternative to what is currently in place. :o. I know some states have it but it really should be nation-wide, although I'm sure a number of states would have their people screaming about how Obama wants to take their guns.

Question about Warren Edwards, they say he pulled out a gun and started shooting, did he actually shoot anybody? Big question is how did this guy get a gun in the first place

The article does not say if he shot anyone, so I doubt that he did.
The article does not say how he got the gun.

But let's go with your theory for a minute. Let's imagine that President Obama did some sort of executive order banning all firearms the day before this happened...or 2 years ago even. Does that mean this would not have happened? No, of course not.

A nationwide firearms ban would never get all of the guns off the street.

With that logic lets abolish cars, tobacco, and pools.

Good call. What about methamphetamine...we should probably make that illegal too...that should stop it.

Of course instituting a mandatory nation-wide safety course before being able to purchase firearms would be far too crazy an alternative to what is currently in place. :o. I know some states have it but it really should be nation-wide, although I'm sure a number of states would have their people screaming about how Obama wants to take their guns.

If there was a mandatory safety course, I think it should be connected to a national carry permit.

Last edited:
Guns on America's Craziest College Campuses Looking More Likely

f0nhhkii8ghp0wjzzisf.jpg

Florida and Texas, famed for being the two most levelheaded and reasonable states in America, may soon allow college kids to carry concealed guns on campus.

Inside Higher Ed today brings an update on the status of the never-ending and inexplicable quest of gun people to ensure that guns are allowed on college campuses across America. Why is this, of all things, an issue that someone would dedicate their attention to? Why not poverty? Or global warming? Or, I don't know, our nation's crumbling highway infrastructure? Barring mental illness, the question defies explanation. What we do know is this: legal handguns could be coming to many campuses soon. God bless death:

Right now, the odds are starting to stack up in their favor. The Texas bill has passed the Senate and is on its way to House. The version in Florida has passed through two Senate committees and is headed to the Judiciary Committee.

Should the bills make it through their respective legislatures, both would end up on the desks of Republican governors who are sympathetic to the gun lobby.​

Should these bills pass, Texas schools will have to spend tens of millions of dollars on new security measures. A small price to pay for a campus newly rife with dangerous weapons of death! We all know that only good things happen when you mix college students and guns.

https://www.insidehighered.com/news/2015/03/30/push-concealed-guns-campuses-gaining-steam

This is beyond stupid

When enrollment rates plummet, it'll sure take care of those overfilled classrooms.

It's not like it doesn't already happen. I knew plenty of people in college who had guns and were concealed carriers. It wasn't technically legal or allowed by the university but they could get away with it because they weren't waving their guns around or advertising it. With most concealed carriers, you'd never know they are even carrying so I don't get the big freak out over allowing it on college campuses.

Are you that naïve!!?? Criminals will ALWAYS get their hands on firearms! In my younger days I had a lot of friends from Jr High who became gang members and the ones who didn't know how to fist fight had guns. They also knew where to get guns for cheap but the cheap guns were "dirty". Believe me when I say that guns are available everyplace in the world even Japan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"