Discussion: The Second Amendment V

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Thread Manager, Apr 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thundercrack85 Registered

I don't think she misspoke. I think she just doesn't know what the hell she is talking about.

2. DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs Registered

3. mrvlknight21 Pullups for breakfast!!

Wow, that is one HORRIBLY put together study. It is based on estimates, theories, estimates of estimates and road distances....not actual evidence. To put it nicely, I could create my own theories based on various variables that are based on estimates and probably come up with just about any conclusion that you wanted if I were to use a system like that.

There is no doubt that many guns that are found in Mexico came from the United States. That has been proven. HOWEVER, to say that FFL dealers in the United States are somewhat dependent on illegal sales/trafficking/etc of guns to Mexico is a stretch to say the least.

My guess, based on 25 years in law enforcement, is that a large portion of the guns that wind up in Mexico came from many other criminal means here in the U.S. For example, theft from FFLs, thefts from homes, and so on.

Also, because the study does not properly categorize the firearms (or use any real evidence), then it doesn't even take into consideration that many of the guns in Mexico are fully automatic firearms (true "assault weapons" ) and 1) only certain FFL dealers can even sell these firearms and 2) they are extremely expensive and require extensive paperwork, so the few dealers that do carry them have very few on hand AND don't sell many of them at all. So, where are these guns coming from? Not American FFL dealers? They are very likely military firearms that have been obtained illegally.

Here is an article that says that these fully automatic firearms are used MORE often in crimes by drug cartels:
    http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...-percent-of-guns-found-in-mexico-come-from-us
    That statistic alone blows your article's theory right out of the water.

All that said, I have no doubt that there are many straw purchasers in border towns in Texas, Arizona, and so on that are making legal firearms purchases and then selling/transporting them to Mexico, either because of their own cartel connection or whatever.

I would also point out that if I legally purchase a handgun and later legally sell it to another citizen and they have it stolen and it winds up in Mexico, the FFL dealer did NOT depend on some Mexican demand to make that sale.

4. SV Fan Registered

Here is natural selection at it's finest

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/...is-Penis-While-Holstering-Gun-at-Gas-Station#

5. wiegeabo Omniposcient

...did he not feel it?

6. SV Fan Registered

I am guessing the fact since he felt the need to wear a gun holster at a gas station, there wasn't much to shoot at so he didn't notice it.

At least the good gun beat the bad gun.

7. Pink Ranger The North Remembers

Too many...

- Was it wearing a hoodie?

- He's a Alfie Allen fan who took it way too far.

- It wasn't his fault, it was coming right at him!

- He only shot his penis on the left side, so at least it's not gay or anything.

- Believe it or not, Pfizer has a pill for this too.

- Remember, the only thing that can stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun and mutilated genitalia.

#932 Pink Ranger, Jun 20, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2014
  8. mrvlknight21 Pullups for breakfast!!

This happens OFTEN, and 99% of the time its someone who is holstering with their finger on the trigger or at least inside the trigger guard. I say 99% because there was a case where an officer was reholstering once and a toggle from his jacket got caught in the trigger guard and caused the gun to fire when he holstered it.

Oh, and I don't believe the story about him not noticing it...pain, blood, etc would have let him know within a few seconds, even with the likely adrenaline rush caused by the gun firing.

9. DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs Registered

10. DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs Registered

11. DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs Registered

12. DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs Registered

http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/223886/at-shooters-grill-waitresses-carry-guns/

Finally a god fearing place I can bring my family and my guns too :o

13. Thundercrack85 Registered

Because nothing goes together like guns and Jesus.

14. KevanG Pragmatic Villain

And bewbs.

15. mrvlknight21 Pullups for breakfast!!

This incident and guys failure to perform a safety check has nothing to do with gun shows. So I don't understand your comment, about shutting down these gun shows. Instead, this guy who failed to act safely and properly needs to be disciplined and kept far away from firearms.

Yet another reason that I do not open carry and don't recommend it to anyone else.

#940 mrvlknight21, Jul 3, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2014
  16. DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs Registered

My comment about gun shows is how people can pick up firearms without passing background checks, get kits to turn there weapons full auot and a host of other BS gun shows are known for. I know it doesn't have much to do with the person accidentally shooting another person so I can see the confusion.

And agreed about the open carry stuff, much better for a person to have the jump on a bad guy than blatantly showing off your weapon

17. mrvlknight21 Pullups for breakfast!!

It seems like you don't have much firsthand knowledge of gun shows. I have been to many over many years. Any FFL dealer at a gun show is required to follow the EXACT same process as they would at a brick and mortar store, that is, a form 4473 and background check. The ONLY firearms sales that can be done without those things are private sales (in other words, an individual selling a gun from their personal collection). This is not illegal, and happens RARELY at gun shows. The majority of sales like that happen through armslist and other websites designed to help people sell their guns (www.theoutdoorstrader.com is a very popular one here in.Georgia). I would also point out that at the last gun show I went to (May of this year) there were about 30 or more vendors who were FFL dealers (and required by law to perform the background check and proper paperwork) and only 1 private seller (the ratio is typically about like this on almost every gun show that I have attended) and that private seller's "collection " was laughable. He had a few old, rusty tiny semi automatic handguns, and a couple of antique shotguns. I highly doubt that he sold any of them.

Additionally, NOBODY can sell kits to convert their firearms to full auto without facing serious charges. Every gun show I have ever been to has been loaded with police officers and federal officers (including me), both uniformed and non uniformed. So, I will assume that you are referring to the rarely ever sold piece of junk "bump fire " kits which are legal, do NOT make the gun fire full auto (just very fast and typically difficult to control, making it worthless) and generally not worth any price.

Not sure what "other BS" you are referring to, but it really sounds like you are just repeating some general misconceptions about gun.shows.

18. Webfoot Hero West Coaster

The one gun show I've been to was like you described, mostly gun stores or other FFL dealers with few private dealers.

As for the full auto kits and other BS, sounds like stuff he picked up from other anti-gun people or stuff he doesn't have first-hand knowledge about.

19. Evelisse Exactly

So Chicago, what's the deal?

Chicago's Fourth of July weekend toll: 82 people shot, 14 of them fatally

http://news.msn.com/crime-justice/c...eekend-toll-82-people-shot-14-of-them-fatally

20. Feenix Registered

What. The. F***.

Apparently, a "good" guy with a gun who shoots at a "bad" guy with a gun will just end up causing more violence and death.

Rocket science.

21. hippie_hunter The King is Back!

Chicago has the problem of trying to implement the strictest gun laws in the nation when everyone else around them isn't hoping on board. That's just a recipe for disaster.

22. Anubis Sup?

Basically. They finally got a guy last year who was buying guns in Indiana and selling them to gang members in the City. In Indiana you don't even need to present a FOID card. He just showed them his ID and walked away with a s**t load of guns.

23. KevanG Pragmatic Villain

Holy ****.

And people wonder why I never want to go to the USA. At least up here the odds of getting shot while walking around are incredibly low.

24. Anubis Sup?

It's still pretty low. The problem here is that it's just really bad in certain places. I live in Chicago and I can tell you, it's a block by block thing. You just gotta know where not to go.

25. Evelisse Exactly

I'm sure it's not all bad there, though stories like this (which for some reason doesn't to me at least, seem to be getting nearly as enough coverage in the news as it should) does conjure Dredd imagery

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.