Discussion: The Supreme Court II

Fine the living **** out of people who do this.

Can’t have a giant wedding if they can’t afford one.

I’ll always wonder how different t things might have been if RBG hAd just held on til January.

Good to see Kavanaugh and Barret are not complete hacks.

Though, important to note, even though the decision to not hear the case was 7-2, the two for hearing the case apparently believe the SCOTUS must always hear a case between states. Even if the case is garbage. So, interesting to see the new justices not taking up that legal theory. Also important, Alito mentioned that while he would hear the case, he would not stop the EC from voting on the 14th.

Good to see Kavanaugh and Barret are not complete hacks.

Though, important to note, even though the decision to not hear the case was 7-2, the two for hearing the case apparently believe the SCOTUS must always hear a case between states. Even if the case is garbage. So, interesting to see the new justices not taking up that legal theory. Also important, Alito mentioned that while he would hear the case, he would not stop the EC from voting on the 14th.
Yay?

I mean, just an interesting little wrinkle. It sounds like, based on the statements both Alito and Thomas made, it sounds like they feel they have to hear any cases that the SCOTUS has original jurisdiction in. And given that they were not going to grant any relief, it sounds like they would just laugh the case out anyway. So, it is essentially a unaminous decision against the case, its just 2 justices feel they have to hear the crazy first.

This is nuts. And I think the judge needs to resign.

This isn't about being punished for the views of your spouse, but I have a very hard time believing that someone could be married to a nutcase like this woman and not share her views. I'm married and it's hard enough when one person wants to do the dishes right away and the other leaves it in the sink for a day. You bet your ass I would divorce in a heartbeat if my husband started espousing conspiracy theories and playing Nazi secret police by writing down the names of people not loyal to Trump.

I just want everyone to know....not all old white guys act or think like so many of these congressional a-holes do. I'm an old white guy from the south.....and I am a liberal....I believe whole heartedly in women's rights.....I believe Nazis are bad.....I believe racism is bad....I'm sickened daily by what comes out of Washington.
Yet, you’re a minority among them.

I’ll always wonder how different t things might have been if RBG hAd just held on til January.

You and me both.....:csad:

I lived in utter fear every time I saw a new post in this thread and one day, my fears were realized.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"