Discussion: The Tea Party

Status
Not open for further replies.
Furthermore, the Tea Party only got out of this so easily because the guy ended up being found with Marx.

Could you imagine what would have happened if this guy, just as crazy, just as deranged, just as irrational - but happened to own a copy of a Glenn Beck book? Paul Krugman would want him arrested.

Hey, take a look at this:

http://www.salon.com/books/laura_miller/2011/01/09/loughner_book_list/index.html

As a member brought to my attention, among his listed books is "We, the Living" by right-wing anti social icon and a StorminNormin role model, the always disgusting Ayn Rand.

In other words, the guys beliefs came from all over the place.

Rachel Maddow addressed the myths about the guy on last night's show:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/41011804#41030608

And don't think that the political rhetoric has not had some kind of influence on the attacks on politicians:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/41011804#41011804

As far as the Tea Party being off the hook, this isn't over yet. They are definitely a bunch of hypocrites. Watch this:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/41011804#41011832

I have said this somewhere else, but I will also say it here. The tea party now seems to be a factor in politics today, but they will eventually dry up and blow away once their funding is cut.

Wow, big generalizations there...I have found in my 4 decades of life, that many times generalizing leads to hypocrisy as well....

Wow, big generalizations there...I have found in my 4 decades of life, that many times generalizing leads to hypocrisy as well....

Isn't that a generalization in and of itself?
*ducks*

Isn't that a generalization in and of itself?
*ducks*

lol...

Hmmmmmm, I don't believe so, HAD I said, "generalizations ALWAYS leads to hypocrisy".....then quite possibly.

Where was the generalization in Sharron Angle's "Second Amendment remedies" statement? She was dead serious, and the fact that she was heard all over the nation meant that is was viewed by crazies all over the same. Look it is the right that is trying to spin that there is no connection to the rhetoric that they've put out and what has been going on as far as violence towards polititions. I beg to differ. I can come up with a slew of cases where people have made death threats towards political candidates and have been arrested for it. If you ask me, the burden of proof is on those that have put out these negative rhetoric to show that there wasn't a connection. They certainly aren't manking a convincing case to proove that they are not.

The proof appears to be that the kid was not a political activist and was a disturbed and psychotic individual.

People looking for scapegoats here is no different then when school shootings happen people blame movies, videogames, things of that nature.

Now because of this event people want to blame something in order to justify this.

So now its right wing pundits commentators etc.

Hey, take a look at this:

http://www.salon.com/books/laura_miller/2011/01/09/loughner_book_list/index.html

As a member brought to my attention, among his listed books is "We, the Living" by right-wing anti social icon and a StorminNormin role model, the always disgusting Ayn Rand.

In other words, the guys beliefs came from all over the place.

Rachel Maddow addressed the myths about the guy on last night's show:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/41011804#41030608

And don't think that the political rhetoric has not had some kind of influence on the attacks on politicians:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/41011804#41011804

As far as the Tea Party being off the hook, this isn't over yet. They are definitely a bunch of hypocrites. Watch this:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/41011804#41011832

I have said this somewhere else, but I will also say it here. The tea party now seems to be a factor in politics today, but they will eventually dry up and blow away once their funding is cut.

Now ladies and gentleman we have a wonderful opportunity to see the lowly progressive in his natural habitat. Watch as he ignores facts to instead blend opinion with distortion in order to fit a preconceived narrative. Whether it's Hoover was a lasse-faire President whose non-intervention led to the Great Depression, or that political rhetoric motivated a man who didn't watch Cable News or Talk Radio, the adorable progressive tries his best to keep the mission strong.

Fascinating.

Hoover was a Progressive.....a Progressive got us into the Depression, a Progressive piled some dirt up to look like we got out of the whole another Progressive got us into, throughout the last few decades, BOTH BUSHS' included Progressives have been taking shovels shoveling out that dirt we've been standing on that made us LOOK like we got out of the whole Hoover THE PROGRESSIVE got us into......and we are now BACK IN THE HOLE......yiiiiiiipppppeeeeeee.....I'm now waiting to see who starts burying us....

Now ladies and gentleman we have a wonderful opportunity to see the lowly progressive in his natural habitat. Watch as he ignores facts to instead blend opinion with distortion in order to fit a preconceived narrative. Whether it's Hoover was a lasse-faire President whose non-intervention led to the Great Depression, or that political rhetoric motivated a man who didn't watch Cable News or Talk Radio, the adorable progressive tries his best to keep the mission strong.

Fascinating.

Yeah, right.

Ariz. GOP lawmaker quits in wake of Giffords shooting, says he received threats, feared for life

BTW, the lawmaker is black.

Fascinating.

This tone is beyond tiresome. I would strongly encourage you to stop while you still think you're ahead.

Is the tea party becoming a new seperate political party? Or will it ever? And what would it take for something like that to happen?

I don't think so.......I think it is simply a ultra-conservative movement within the Republican party....

It's already beginning to become eradicated.

Actually no its not.....it has simply moved its people, money, time, energy to local and state electorates...that's all. It hasn't gone anywhere, you just don't hear about it at the national level right now because we are no longer in a national campaign mode. Right now they are working in states where the state legislatures are Republican, and they are working to put the most conservative people in positions such as Speaker of the House at the state level.

I hope this group ends sooner than later. I don't think you should set on the fence, but any one person or group that swings too far one way tends to cause problems.

I hope this group ends sooner than later. I don't think you should set on the fence, but any one person or group that swings too far one way tends to cause problems.

Well, at this point that is exactly what is happening.....the moderate group within Congress is all but gone....a few blue dog democrats (one just got shot) are left, a few moderate republicans are left... what you have left at the national level are opposite ends of the spectrum, and there is a huge push among conservatives to push out what they call RINOs...and Dems are moving that direction as well...

Actually no its not.....it has simply moved its people, money, time, energy to local and state electorates...that's all. It hasn't gone anywhere, you just don't hear about it at the national level right now because we are no longer in a national campaign mode. Right now they are working in states where the state legislatures are Republican, and they are working to put the most conservative people in positions such as Speaker of the House at the state level.

sound like an underground conservative society plotting to overthrow the government. haha. Thanks for that clear up. Somewhere I read it was beginning to end, guess its just hiding haha.

There's nothing underground about it, if you live in a state like Texas where they are doing a commercial campaign against Republicans going for Speakerships....you would know they are far from gone.....they are spending a lot of money in those areas.

You want to see a major behind the scenes group working in the realm of politics, look at Moveon.org and Soros....he has been doing that type of thing for years.....do a study in the history of Czechoslovakia and see how he works, its very interesting.

There's nothing underground about it, if you live in a state like Texas where they are doing a commercial campaign against Republicans going for Speakerships....you would know they are far from gone.....they are spending a lot of money in those areas.

gotcha, so i'm guessing when 2012 comes around we'll be hearing a lot more from them.

Definitely....I don't know that they will be able to do much at the Presidential level except to get some of the Republican candidates to wash their feet for votes....but at the Legislative level you will see much the same thing that we saw in 2010.

Let's hope they dont have anything to do on a presidential level.

I have no problem with them doing whatever they see fit as far as pushing a candidate they want. They have every right to whether I agree with them or not...

If we don't like the candidate that is chosen in the primaries, then we don't vote for them...

Do you see them transcending the 2012 campaign year? The way I have interpreted them is that they are just a drastic response to Obama's stimulus program(and other things that require extra spending). Will this party continue to denounce democratic/liberal political ideals even when Obama is out of office? Or will it just get washed out? Or could it evolve into something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"