Discussion: The Tea Party

Status
Not open for further replies.
What proof does StorminNormin have that noone takes MSNBC seriously? Maybe he doesn't, but I don't take Fox News seriously. MSNBC have actually surpassed CNN in the ratings (still behind Fox), so obviously someone is taking them seriously. They are both giving their opinions.

I personally think MSNBC has more credibility than Fox News. So do a lot of people. Neither have a ton of credibility, but MSNBC, as biased as they are, I'd still argue they are a more credible news source than Fox.

I'm just saying that is an extreme generalization....

Did Stormin' make the same extreme generalization about Fox? I don't remember that....

It ends up being to each his own......and just because we do not agree with one over the other, doesn't really prove which is more credible.....that only proves which way our bias leans...

The public.

Back up this statement with anything resembling proof.

*Edit - Nevermind, I did the Google search for you.

http://blog.wired.com/business/2008/11/internet-fox-ne.html

http://insidecable.blogsome.com/2008/01/08/most-trusted-national-tv-news-organizations/

The most trusted national TV news organizations, for accurate reporting, in declining order included: Fox News (27.0%), CNN (14.6%), and NBC News (10.90%). These were followed by ABC News (7.0%), local news (6.9%), CBS News (6.8%) MSNBC (4.0%), PBS News (3.0%), CNBC (0.6%) and CBN (0.5%).

Again, to further emphasize the inaccuracy of your statement:

Fox News (27.0%), MSNBC (4.0%)

:lmao:

You make this easy, Major.

Last edited:
I'm just saying that is an extreme generalization....

Did Stormin' make the same extreme generalization about Fox? I don't remember that....

They are both stating their opinion as fact. That was my point. And really, saying "No one takes MSNBC seriously" is just as much a generalization as saying "The public thinks MSNBC has more credibility than Fox". Both are making claims about what the public thinks when it's obvious it's really just what they think.

Last edited:
Except my opinions tend to be based on research, facts and/or experience.

Except my opinions tend to be based on research, facts and/or experience.

Care to provide proof that no one takes MSNBC seriously? All I'm saying is I don't see why he's getting called out for cold hard proof to back up his statement and you are not. You are both making generalizations.

They are both stating their opinion as fact. That was my point. And really, saying "No one takes MSNBC seriously" is just as much a generalization as saying "The public thinks MSNBC has more credibility than Fox". Both are making claims about what the public thinks when it's obvious it's really just what they think.

Exactly.....

Care to provide proof that no one takes MSNBC seriously? All I'm saying is I don't see why he's getting called out for cold hard proof to back up his statement and you are not. You are both making generalizations.

BTW, had I seen Stormin's post, I would have actually quoted both of them, I don't like generalizations....

Look a few posts before this.

As for proof... I have yet to see MSNBC literally photoshop pictures of Republicans to make them look ugly. That's far more manipulative in my opinion than anything coming out of Olbermann or Madow's mouth. For that reason alone I think MSNBC has more credibility than Fox.

As for proof... I have yet to see MSNBC literally photoshop pictures of Republicans to make them look ugly. That's far more manipulative in my opinion than anything coming out of Olbermann or Madow's mouth. For that reason alone I think MSNBC has more credibility than Fox.

Understandable, but irrelevant to the point as a whole. Who deserves greater credibility is, of course, different from who has it. The fact is MSNBC has a big problem when it comes to credibility, as reflected by their ratings and the polls I mentioned above.

Understandable, but irrelevant to the point as a whole. Who deserves greater credibility is, of course, different from who has it. The fact is MSNBC has a big problem when it comes to credibility, as reflected by their ratings and the polls I mentioned above.

So does Fox for several reasons. And what ratings are you referring to? MSNBC have been either even with, or surpassing CNN in the ratings for about six months now.

So does Fox for several reasons. And what ratings are you referring to? MSNBC have been either even with, or surpassing CNN in the ratings for about six months now.

The fall of CNN doesn't help MSNBC. O'Reilly averages more viewers at 11 than Olbermann gets in Prime Time.

Ratings in my opinion don't mean a damn thing, and definitely doesn't give the station more credibility. I know plenty of progressive Democrats that watch Fox News for entertainment. I'd argue that's why Fox's viewership is somewhere around 45% Democrats. It's the Rush Limbaugh/Howard Stern syndrome. A lot of people watch just to see what ridiculous thing they will say next. I'm sure MSNBC gets the same type of crowd as well on the conservatives' side.

Actually soul, that was someone on the internet, photoshopping the video from Fox, not Fox....it was debunked a while back...

http://www.cato.org/mediahighlights/index.php?highlight_id=36

Terrorist fist jab, actually darkening the picture during Obama's speeches to make him appear more black, there are several other examples. That was just the first one that popped into my head.

:huh:

You didn't hear about this? During speeches throughout the campaign where networks would be carrying the same feed Fox News' feed would for some reason be a lot darker than any other networks'. Many people speculated it was to make Obama look more "black" in an attempt to frighten people that were apprehensive about voting for a black man. However when Clinton or McCain would make speeches the feeds were identical from network to network.

And as far as the "fist jab" incident, that commentator is no longer with Fox, and EVERYONE knows why.

The darkening: I don't believe that one bit.......that is just stupid, and not even worth discussion.

How many of these "many people" were fans of Fox News before this?

Ratings aren't proof of anything. Britney Spears has sold more then other talented artists but people still don't consider her the best musician in her field.

Polls aren't exactly bullet proof, either. They can be lied to or manipulated easily.

The darkening: I don't believe that one bit.......that is just stupid, and not even worth discussion.

I witnessed it with my own eyes. Whether or not there was a motive behind doing so I don't know, but it did happen.

I'm sorry, but I watch Fox on a regular basis, along with CNN and Bloomberg. I've never seen it....I think it is a ridiculous accusation.

Polls aren't exactly bullet proof, either. They can be lied to or manipulated easily.

...but it wasn't even close. 27% had Fox News as their most trusted Cable News outlet. 4% said the same for MSNBC.

You can't manipulate a poll that much. And what would a pollster gain from such a manipulation?

Just admit the obvious, you were wrong. Fox News IS trusted by the public more than MSNBC. You were incorrect.

What difference does that make? How many people that make ridiculous attacks about MSNBC are fans of the network?

I haven't seen an attack on MSNBC rival claiming Fox intentionally darkened Obama to scare white people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"