Discussion: Voting Rights and Election Law

Voter suppression is their go to move after all.

Our governor is trying to force a reopening of nonessential businesses so not surprised.

Interesting ploy, when you have a hostile GOP legislature. It will be interesting to see how this plays out, and if other cities are going to follow through in red states.

The Iowa caucus was an interesting example of how easy it is for electronic voting, if not alternatives to in-person paper ballot voting generally, can be unreliable and/or facilitate fraud.

That is the least surprising revelation about this *******.

The Courts will shoot that **** down again.

The Courts will shoot that **** down again.
They don't care. They'll keep passing it again and again, anything to reduce the number that actually get submitted.

Trump-World is going HARD to stop absentee voting. My wing-nut cousins are already flooding Facebook yelling that "We The People Say No To Vote By Mail"!

LA Times - California voters asked to vote by mail in November due to coronavirus fears

I voted by mail for the first time this year.

Voting_during_C19-5_categories-032020-300ppi-002-772x637.png

My favorite is looking at all the clowns on twitter thinking that Trump had a chance to win California in 2020 until this new executive order. History shows otherwise.

Democratic presidential ticket (California)
1988 lost by 4 points
1992 won by 6 points
1996 won by 13 points
2000 won by 12 points
2004 won by 10 points
2008 won by 24 points
2012 won by 23 points
2016 won by 30 points

Last edited:
They don't care. They'll keep passing it again and again, anything to reduce the number that actually get submitted.

Trump-World is going HARD to stop absentee voting. My wing-nut cousins are already flooding Facebook yelling that "We The People Say No To Vote By Mail"!
Guess they hate the military then

And yet conspicuously quiet is the actual voter fraud in North Carolina by Republicans.

They just pretend that didn't happen.

Thank goodness that we still have the option to vote by mail here. Lord knows if Doofus McCrory won re-election in 2016, he and his buddies in the House and General Assembly would've voted to limit VBM or put more restrictions on it.

Definitely another source of blame incoming...

Curious how the GOP is going to screw this over. Or if Scotus is going to take it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"