Disney Prepping Live Action "Cruella de Vil" Film

Emma Stone looks too pretty for this role

EubnI07UcAI2LV0
Cruella in her prime, and Cruella in her mid life. Seems fine to me. As for the cartoon, she was the antagonist towards cute pups so she needed to be ugly. Emma's Cruella is the protagonist and audiences don't want to spend 2 hours with an ugly hag protagonist.

The complete lack of smoking in this film set in 70s is going to stick out like a sore thumb.

It might be nostalgia talking but I don’t think anyone can beat Glen Close’s performance.

The complete lack of smoking in this film set in 70s is going to stick out like a sore thumb.
Is she allowed to smoke?

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Her smoking is a huge thing. At the very least, she better do it in her final scene when she's "evil".

And another Disney villain potentially tainted with a lame and soapy back story, like Maleficent was.
Someone said E.Stone is too pretty, I agree, that's the first thing that popped in my mind. She is also too likable.

Anyways, I'm not part of the target audience.

Is she allowed to smoke?

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Her smoking is a huge thing. At the very least, she better do it in her final scene when she's "evil".

Not sure what the rule is. In Saving Mr. Banks, we see that Walt Disney is a smoker and putting out a cigarette, but we never actually see him smoke onscreen. So maybe they will cheat a bit with it?

Ugh, I forgot about that. I don't even think it's necessary for the character, but their Zero Tolerance ban is just... so unspeakably dumb. Like, **** history, we can't let Little Tommy see a cigarette, heaven forbid his parents have to actually parent. :wall:

I'm gonna give it a chance, but this first trailer didn't land like it needed to.

That definitely makes it look very fun. And I’m loving the costumes :atp:.

Interesting: it just says 5/28/21
Not if it’s theatrical or Disney plus (premiere access) - or both

I don’t think so - thats why they don’t say: 28/5/21 in theaters

They’re keeping their options open but I think it will end up being just in theaters

thats not possible - a lot of theaters will be closed when it‘ll be released in May.

I live in germany and we still have that same lockdown since December - with numbers increasing again

This trailer was better than the first for me. It really shows how they’re going to capture her villainy which seems more in line with someone trying to shack up the fashion industry.

That trailer makes me want to see Emma Stone play a villain in a serious movie even more than I already did. And I'm not talking about in a CBM or a comedy either. No I mean in like a totally serious drama or quasi-action/drama movie (i.e. not too unlike a thriller or Bond-esque movie).

It's clear she had a blast with the role and I genuinely want to see her cut loose in a mature R-rated movie to see what she can really do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"