The official Disney Classics Live-Action Remakes

Lord

All Mighty
Reaction score
This thread is devoted the live action films Disney has done that were based on a previous animated film they have done. Up until now they have been:

Rudyard_Kipling%27s_The_Jungle_Book_film_poster.jpg

One_hundred_and_one_dalmatians_ver2.jpg

102_dalmatians_poster.jpg

Alice-In-Wonderland-Theatrical-Poster.jpg

Sorcerers_apprentice_poster.jpg

Maleficent_poster.jpg

Cinderella_preview_logo.png

Considering that this seems like a popular trend, i think it deserves its oun thread. There are also plans for a Jungle Book reboot, Alice in Wonderland: Into the Looking Glass and Cruella.

Up until now, all of these films have been generally successful and decent family films on the whole.

Last edited:
They'll never capture this fiesta of debauchery in live action ...NEVER I tell you ...NEVER!

YawningHospitableJaeger-max-1mb.gif

Oh wait.....

DOE1Z52W4AAi37Z

Last edited:
Lion King!

[Cut to: a baboon being mauled by a Lion.]

Hmmm... maybe not...

Mulan would be totally kick-ass, but I think the recent ones get a lot of their appeal from not starring the original central character. In a way they're all in the same vein as Wicked: what if the bad guys weren't actually the bad guys. Or at the very least: what if the goofy supporting characters were the heroes? Also, y'know, being a star vehicle... which is why they won't do Mulan, because there are no Asian mega-stars in the west.

Ben Kingsley as Jafar.
Geoffrey Rush as the bad guy from Pocohantas, lol

If it were up to me though, I'd do Mulan though, like straight up.

Have to give Jafar his own movie, even if it's just to see a live action Jasmine....... sigh

PIXAR films don't count to be adapted :o

Jafar sounds like an easy one, about their upcoming Cruella film, there's already a 101 Dalmations film, and as Roger Ebert said in his review, they should just drop the dogs aspect and focus on a story about her.

Frollo's probably too dark, a film with that Demon guy from Fantasia could be pretty interesting, as long as they had elements of that short as a focus, instead of what they did with Socerer's Aprentice where it was more of an afterthought.

You don't allways have to focus on the villain though, Alice didn't do it, and neither is Cinderella, which actually had a pretty interesting one, both visually and storywise.

The guy from Princess and the frog was awesome, i know the films isn't that old and wasn't completelly popular, but he's someone i could see holding a movie of his oun.

I myself have a mixed opinion on these idea of remaking films that worked so beautifully as cartoons, Jungle Book and 101 Dalmations were pretty good family films, while Alice felt pretty hollow, full of CGI, Maleficent has a ton of potencial, but from the trailers it doesn't look much better.

I think there were a lot of great ideas in their classic cartoons, and even in the new ones, i just hope they eventually are able to make good use of those ideas.

A live action Mulan movie could be fantastic if done right, same with Aladdin. Black Cauldron done right has potential as well.

This thread is devoted the live action films Disney has done that were based on a previous animated film they have done. Up until now they have been:

Rudyard_Kipling%27s_The_Jungle_Book_film_poster.jpg

One_hundred_and_one_dalmatians_ver2.jpg

102_dalmatians_poster.jpg

Alice-In-Wonderland-Theatrical-Poster.jpg

Sorcerers_apprentice_poster.jpg

Maleficent_poster.jpg

Cinderella_preview_logo.png

Considering that this seems like a popular trend, i think it deserves its oun thread. There are also plans for a Jungle Book reboot, Alice in Wonderland: Into the Looking Glass and Cruella.

Up until now, all of these films have been generally successful and decent family films on the whole.

I liked The Jungle Book and 101 Dalmatians. I liked elements of Alice and Sorcerers apprentice, but the overall films were just meh (but not terrible imo). 102 Dalmatians, well at least Glenn Close was good in it.

Lion King!

[Cut to: a baboon being mauled by a Lion.]

Hmmm... maybe not....
LOL!
FleeingBaboon001.jpg

Mulan would be totally kick-ass...
A live action Mulan movie could be fantastic if done right....

Little baby all grown up, and off to destroy people. -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z82-CZtzqRM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQ3fqsL7ya0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTAETFTIo_I

But yeah a Disney version would be epic!

Last edited:
Just watch Once Upon a Time.

They even utilize, Frankenstein, Wizard of Oz and Frozen coming up.

Live action Mulan would be sweet. I'd definitely see that. Imagine the snow battle and the night-time finale at the Chinese palace place. Could have some beautiful imagery

Nah, the little mermaid that's the one that would be incredible in live action! Imagine Ursula getting huge and battling prince Eric (and I assume Ariel if it were a reboot as well) in the ship!

Gosh, I wish they would have a crossover flick with all the Disney characters. At least have lego Disney by now. They have kingdom hearts but it's not the same

There was that planned Magic Kingdom movie, we haven't heard anything about it again.

I still think Beauty and the Beast would make a great live action film.

Nah, the little mermaid that's the one that would be incredible in live action! Imagine Ursula getting huge and battling prince Eric (and I assume Ariel if it were a reboot as well) in the ship!

Gosh, I wish they would have a crossover flick with all the Disney characters. At least have lego Disney by now. They have kingdom hearts but it's not the same
Well there is Disney Infinity.

GDT was talking about doing a version of Beauty and the Beast, with Emma Watson playing Belle. I don't know if it will ever happen, but it could be cool to see.

I'm not sure there's much to add to Beauty and the Beast, the story was told perfectly in animation form, With 101 Dalmations, Jungle Book and Maleficent they pretty much take the original film and expand upon certain elements, the original film was worth enought to be nominated for Best Picture, could a live action remake really be able to live up to that? I don't think it's impossible to do it, just very difficult.

Unlike Disney, i think Pixar's movies are usually very tied up, with no room for any expansion, and they seem to work better on the medium they were created, also, they already seem very real, Wall-E even used live action elements for humans in the past.

While they were very recent, i think that the villain from Princess & the Frog and the latest hit Frozen would lend themselves very well to the live-action treatment. Mulan and Aladin would work very well, Pocahontas could too, though the film wasn't exactly well received, and its story has already been retold yet again in Avatar.

Snow White, Peter Pan and Little Mermaid would all translate well, but once again, there's the problem of other studios developing their respective adaptations of the content.

Even better than any of this, you should all go see the lion king musical.

Disney have a couple of animated films that weren't hits that have concepts that could be cool blockbuster type films. Atlantis and Treasure Planet. Mulan and Pocahontas could work.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"