Live-Action The Little Mermaid

I mean it got an A cinema score and is currently at a 94% verified audience score so I’d say it was well liked by most who actually watched it. I read a lot of reviews that said it was more colorful than the trailers made it seem which wasn’t a surprise as the scenes in the trailer that were dark were also dark in the animated movie. I saw it in IMAX my first time I just wanted to see it again there.

Last edited:
My feelings for this is indifference.

I didn't like like it or enjoy it like Cinderella, the Jungle Book and Mulan.

But I also didn't hate it like Alice in Wonderland and Maleficent.

But I wasn't also disappointed like Aladdin and Beauty/the Beast.

Its just there, like Christopher Robin, Dumbo, Lady/the Tramp and Pinocchio.

Cruella also left me more with more impression than this.

I still haven't seen Peter Pan/Wendy by the way.

It's on Disney+ as of yesterday so I gave this a watch.

I feel like I had already seen most of the highlights through clips on YouTube but I still enjoyed it. It's definitely one of the better live action Disney remakes without question and that's mainly thanks to Melissa McCarthy, Halle Bailey and Daveed Diggs. I'd put it on par with Beauty and the Beast as far as being a passable adaptation of the original.

That godawful "Scuttlebutt" song still makes me never want to hear again, though. :o

Rewatching it again on now that its on D+

The whole "She's a teenager, I wonder who the lucky merman is" scene really should've been re-worked as it made no sense in this film. Ariel just goes at it w/her sisters/Triton over humans and it ends with all of them thinking she is in love with a Merboy? Esp Triton? That whole scene and him leading to her grotto....messy.

This has been doing great on Disney+ and I can't say I'm surprised about it either. I figure a lot of people were in the same boat as me in thinking "this summer is crowded at the movies, I definitely want to see this but I can hold out a few months for streaming."

This has been doing great on Disney+ and I can't say I'm surprised about it either. I figure a lot of people were in the same boat as me in thinking "this summer is crowded at the movies, I definitely want to see this but I can hold out a few months for streaming."

But it wasn’t even that. It made almost 300M in North America. That’s a pretty giant number. It’s overseas the disappointing box office talk is coming from.

I watched yesterday and really liked it. For me one of the best live-action adaptations

I watched this with my kids the other weekend. I liked it, and the kids liked it. It was one of the better live action remakes that I've seen. Though I admit, there are several I didn't even bother watching after the few it tried put a bad taste in my mouth.

But I have to say Halle Bailey did a wonderful job as Ariel as well as Melissa McCarthy as Ursula. Also, I cant believe I completely missed Javier Bardem as King Triton during the trailers, that came as a big surprise to me.

My few dislikes were with Jonah as Eric, just didnt click with me. My biggest complaints were with Flounder, Sebastian and Scuttle..... I totally get this is a live action remake, so they were going for more "realistic" look, but man.... they were disappointing to see the way they were done. At least Flounder and Sebastian had decent voice actors, I'm not sure what they were going for with Scuttle.

So who wants to predict Fox News will show grown men throwing temper tantrums soon over a cartoon aimed at pre-schoolers?

Ursula is the friendly wacky aunt??
darksided-god-warrior.png

This is presumably for toddlers? I don’t think they’re putting much thought into it other than not to scare 2 year olds lol

I mean I wanna protest the show just cause I’d have rather had a show following the “Guide to Merfolk” book they put out with the film last year.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"