Disney+

I'll give Watts this: there's a good fifteen, twenty minutes starting the moment Peter knocks on Liz's door and Vulture answers that might be my favourite part of any Spider-Man movie. It's such classic Spidey **** and Keaton is my favourite MCU villain.

I think/thought Disney already had/has a Disney+, Hulu No Ads, and Espn+ package. I'm pretty sure that's what i have

Again I don't think that's a fair comparison at all.

Disney is just on a whole nother level than anyone else due to the position they're in. There's nothing WB, Paramount, etc. can do to compete with that

Except they can. They have plenty of properties, and it's just how they roll things out in general. Instead of talking about a billion DC character movies that NEVER happen....MAKE THEM HAPPEN. Lay down some concrete plans.

I think/thought Disney already had/has a Disney+, Hulu No Ads, and Espn+ package. I'm pretty sure that's what i have

There is a Disney+/Hulu bundle and I think Disney+/Hulu live bundle but no No commercials bundle to my knowledge.

I like both the Ant Man films but many seem to like the MCU Spidey films a lot more than me (Homecoming is near the bottom of the MCU for me, despite Vulture being done so well). They both seem standard, ok, in-house picks though rather than the names that might excite people.
I'd agree with that. I wouldn't be like "OMG they got Peyton Reed" if they announced him

2021 is really going to be jam packed with Marvel stuff between Disney+ and theatrical
Disney + is going to be an absolute treasure trove within a few years. Netflix has tonnes of stuff but Disney + is going to have tonnes of stuff that I will want to keep rewatching. It's awesome to get all that Marvel and Star Wars content under one roof with no risk of (apart from the Sony material ) anything getting pulled as we get with Netflix.

I wouldn't want this much of an endless content dump from anything WB owns. Even though (maybe because?) I'm a much bigger fan of those properties I'd prefer them to feel more special and not just like an unending avalanche of so much content it's hard to keep up with it all.

I wouldn't want this much of an endless content dump from anything WB owns. Even though (maybe because?) I'm a much bigger fan of those properties I'd prefer them to feel more special and not just like an unending avalanche of so much content it's hard to keep up with it all.
Quality is key as there's already way more than enough stuff to watch even if Disney + and HBO disappeared tomorrow. I want to replace the worst shows I watch with top quality rather than get 1,000 extra shows.

Except they can. They have plenty of properties, and it's just how they roll things out in general. Instead of talking about a billion DC character movies that NEVER happen....MAKE THEM HAPPEN. Lay down some concrete plans.
I said it before in this thead. It's not just about properties.
-Disney has 3 of the biggest film franchises ever (MCU, Star Wars, and Pixar)
-They're branding is so strong they can have a gang of stores completely dedicated to selling their product. They're also strong enough to have humongous international theme parks. WB might have Six Flags, but Six Flags is no Disney World/Land
-They own all of their content out right.

No other studio is in this position. Comparing Disney to other studios at this point is like trying to compare every current NBA player to Lebron James. Some people are just on a completely different level. And that's Disney.

WB could be doing better for sure. But there's no way aaaaaaaaany time soon that they'll be able to compete with the Disney's almost century of brand building

Jon Watts on the fourth attempt at Fantastic Four is... a choice.
Somewhere in the world, someone celebrated uncontrollably....maybe.

Disney + is going to be an absolute treasure trove within a few years. Netflix has tonnes of stuff but Disney + is going to have tonnes of stuff that I will want to keep rewatching. It's awesome to get all that Marvel and Star Wars content under one roof with no risk of (apart from the Sony material ) anything getting pulled as we get with Netflix.
I'm sticking with my prediction that in the next 5 years if Netflix doesn't stop with their current throw whatever at the wall strategy they're gonna be in danger when all these other studios are fully dedicated to their own streaming services.

Imagine an F4 movie that really captured the elaborate, cosmic craziness of Lee/Kirby and Jonathan Hickman.

Imagine all the chuds accusing it of ripping off Rick & Morty for adapting all the things those hacks pilfered in their overrated hodgepodge of cannibalized ideas from better science-fiction shows :o

My guess: It's a super relevant film to the ongoing MCU storyline, heavily involving a lot of other moving parts like the Spider-Man movies do. The kind of movie more interesting directors tend to walk from.
That would help explain it a little. It feels like there is going to be a bunch of mandated content in it that is required for the MCU long term rather than the free vision of a top director. It can still be good though (and the main man Feige is still going to be there pulling the strings) and for today I'm going to enjoy the excitement of finally getting F4 in the MCU officially confirmed.

If one thing is for sure its that Disney definitely know how to do presentation for some of their biggest draws being Star Wars and Marvel and that's the kind of confidence you want to see from a major studio. This honestly felt like a mini Comic-Con in a way and I was not expecting nearly as much as we did get today.

I'm sticking with my prediction that in the next 5 years if Netflix doesn't stop with their current throw whatever at the wall strategy they're gonna be in danger when all these other studios are fully dedicated to their own streaming services.
Their position will get significantly weaker for sure. Their main advantage was being first to market, but once people have 5 or 6 subs going the thought of cancelling Netflix might finally become a possibility.

If one thing is for sure its that Disney definitely know how to do presentation for some of their biggest draws being Star Wars and Marvel and that's the kind of confidence you want to see from a major studio. This honestly felt like a mini Comic-Con in a way and I was not expecting nearly as much as we did get today.
This has blown away any conference in film/TV/gaming I can remember.

It’s interesting that Falcon and Winter Soldier will be coming out before Black Widow. I was under the impression that Black Widow had to come out first and that it would tie going into the show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"