Disney+

How long before they delve in the future beyond the sequel trilogy? I mean there’s still a lot to cover between episodes 1-9 but I’d be curious to see what happens after Rey and Finn
That is the era with the most potential for me, unbound by anything that is due to happen in its own future.

I suspect they will be even more allergic than before to progressing the timeline, since now it wouldn't just mean delving into new eras. It would also mean deciding how much of the past is now relevant for said era, which is inextricably linked with deciding how much of the sequel trilogy they want to write off and ignore. Expect the "future" to be more of the same: interquel side stories like the Mandalorian, and prequel tales like the High Republic stuff.

No ****. We all know costs are going to go up, then go up again. And the promise of streaming is now it is the new cable. At least this way you can pick and choose the "channels" you wish to subscribe to, but it would be more expensive to get them all at once than cable would be.

Or, you know, you just pick which streaming service you like best, and stick to that one. Just because Streaming Service Z has some show you are interested in, does not obligate you to pay them money, you can also just *not* watch said show.

The streaming entertainment model will still be fine, people will just have to learn that being offered the ability to make choices, means they might actually have to make choices.

No ****. We all know costs are going to go up, then go up again. And the promise of streaming is now it is the new cable. At least this way you can pick and choose the "channels" you wish to subscribe to, but it would be more expensive to get them all at once than cable would be.

On the other hand, you can watch whatever you want whenever you like (which you can do with DVR, but that has its limitations).

On the other hand, you can watch whatever you want whenever you like (which you can do with DVR, but that has its limitations).
Not to mention no activation or late fees.

And Disney+ is in way more countries than HBOMAX. But I’m sure there were more Disney+ downloads in US than HBOMAX anyway

A huge yay for WandaVision...but Disney+ in January is still only 10% of that excitement, that the investors day presented (that will change of course in the next few months)

A huge yay for WandaVision...but Disney+ in January is still only 10% of that excitement, that the investors day presented (that will change of course in the next few months)
Do you have Disney+?

Last edited:
I know they were speculating that each MCU series cost $25M an episode but it's hard for me to think that for the 1st 2 episodes of Wandavision.

I know they were speculating that each MCU series cost $25M an episode but it's hard for me to think that for the 1st 2 episodes of Wandavision.
I still haven't seen it yet, but it's probably an average. Kind of like the Mando, which has episodes that are clearly a bit more expensive.

I still haven't seen it yet, but it's probably an average. Kind of like the Mando, which has episodes that are clearly a bit more expensive.
That's true but if it is 9 episodes long, that'd still be $225M, which yeah you're are talking about 4 and half hours, still feels like a lot.

Yay. Now, get the 90's Muppet show to complete the collection.

Seeing that old Fozzy Muppet is kind of rought, though.

That's true but if it is 9 episodes long, that'd still be $225M, which yeah you're are talking about 4 and half hours, still feels like a lot.
Fair. I haven't seen it yet, so I can't really comment yet, but maybe they have a 100m episode. :D

The time honored tradition of finding the "budget saving episode". Super easy to find in animation.

Fair. I haven't seen it yet, so I can't really comment yet, but maybe they have a 100m episode. :D
It looks like it would have the budget of a regular sitcom so far lol. Maybe the final episode is Avengers 5. :cwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"