• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Disney's Wreck-It Ralph - coming 2012

Sarah Silverman and Jack McBrayer...and their animated 'Wreck It Ralph' characters at D23

133bf8eddff0ae5238fdf500da84906b.jpg

I love that the character on the right looks pretty much like a younger, cutesy, stylized version of Sarah Silverman. :woot:

This looks interesting.I'll consider seeing this movie when it comes out.
You should definitely consider it. I think that Disney might be back on their A-game ever since Tangled.
I can smell the merchandising from here. Girls are going to love these things.
Probably boys, too. There's bound to be a lot of cool video game characters.

hopefully its good, sadly its not the dream of a pixar mario movie. but maybe just maybe

I was hoping they'd look more...8-bit

I was hoping they'd look more...8-bit

never gonna happen. the general audience and most young kids don't even know what 8 bit is

The look of the characters change as they travel from video game to video game. I'm pretty sure the beginning of the movie is going to be 8-bit since that's the type of game "Fix-It Felix" is at the arcade.

I always wanted a Who Framed Roger Rabbit-ish movie with video game characters. This is as close to that, I guess.

I want to see what Jane Lynch's FPS character looks like. If it's like a hybrid of Anya from Gears, Lara Croft and the female Spartan, that would be hilarious.

The Disney people I spoke to at D23 talked about working with videogame companies to license actual real videogame characters to appear in the movie. So they are working on that.

Well, they've appeared to get Namco to work with them. I wouldn't mind someone from Street Fighter appearing in the movie, that'd be pretty cool.

The sequence at D23 had a therapy scene that was in animatic form. One character in the group looked like a Pac-man ghost. Another character looked like Bowser but like not Bowser you know? Like if they got Nintendo's permission, he could be Bowser. But if they don't he'd look different.

The sequence at D23 had a therapy scene that was in animatic form. One character in the group looked like a Pac-man ghost. Another character looked like Bowser but like not Bowser you know? Like if they got Nintendo's permission, he could be Bowser. But if they don't he'd look different.

I was wondering when you'd post in this thread. I think I also saw you on the Toonzone thread for this movie.

Last edited:
"I understand that the look of the characters, and indeed the film overall, changes significantly as the action moves from one game environment to another. Some scenes will be rendered in the polished semi-realistic CG we’ve come to expect, while others will apparently employ full-on pixel art – and there’s going to be a few other varied looks in between."

-Brendon Connelly

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/08/20/first-wreck-it-ralph-images-from-the-floor-of-d23/

This actually is a pretty clever idea. I can see the Halo/MW/[insert shooter] references being pretty funny.

I want to see them rip on Japanese RPGs. As much as I enjoy them, they're ripe for parody.

Definitely. I saw an ad for Final Fantasy XIII 2. You can't tell if the characters are male or female anymore.

You already know the tie-in game will feature that FPS level.

Ironwez20 said:
Sonic cameo please

I agree. I've been wanting to see Sonic on the big-screen since I was 6 years old. Imagine him and Mario sharing a scene together.

A rap scene with a Parappa cameo would be pretty cool too, but I know the chances of that happening are pretty slim.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"