District 9 + The First Avenger = Martian Manhunter Film?

AnorexicBatman

Sidekick
Reaction score
Can this be done? A movie about the alien Jonn Jonz, the last of his kind that comes to earth to warn the humans of a dangerous threat made like smaller scale version of District 9 set somewhere like Roswell, New Mexico.

The movie could also act as a starting point for the eventual Justice League film that deals with the so called threat, the White Martians. The movie could end with Jon making friends among some of the top officials in the US military who call Superman (a very public figure and a modern day superhero) to figure out whether what Jonn is saying is true or not

MM needs some exposure. He is wasted in almost every JL comic I've ever read. I am sick of some people saying he's not interesting enough. I exposed so many of my friends who were not comic book fans to the JLU/Justice league cartoons where MM was featured as a main character. Almost every single person I watched it with had no idea who he was and came away thinking he was the coolest/most interesting/bad*** character on the show. There is a ton of untapped potential there.

They should do this to set up a Justice League film

it could work, I agree with Wally, MM needs to be put in the public's eye more. He's just like Aquaman, all the potential in the world to be awesome, but no one wants to showcase it.

What does First Avenegr have to do with this? Yes a Martian manhunter movie would work

Certainly an interesting idea. I always likened a Martian Manhunter movie to Dark City. Noir elements with alien beings.

No detective John Jones?

I say instead of District 9 + First Avenger, that it should be:
Dark City + Brick + District 9 = Martian Manhunter

I'm kinda meh on J'onn in Roswell. I really think the classic version of the character is pretty compelling, and probably could be done on a decent budget, especially if he's in human form fairly often.

J'onn should be introduced in the Justice League movie itself.

I'm reminded of one of my favorite scenes in 'New Frontier', where Faraday is showing Superman the gross-looking Martian in a cell. Superman points out that he himself is also an alien, but he doesn't get mistreated because he looks human.

Martian Manhunter is one of those movies that a small budget would benefit I think. I definitely feel a cult sci fi vibe from MM

THE MARTIAN MANHUNTER could be unique in the sense that it begins as a smaller, more intimate film with Detective John Jones investigating the emergence of White Martians, and little hints about who and what he is (to the average audience, they might not even realize HE is a martian until it's revealed), and gets HUGE as the story wears on. Since the opening sequences wouldn't need to be massive, the film could probably be made for a relatively reasonable budget (around $100-$120 million). Themes of what's under the surface could be explored, both metaphorically and visually and storywise.

I’m not quite sure what you mean by first avenger, but if they took some elements from District 9, I’d be glad, excellent movie.

First Avenger = Hook for big team up movie
Cap gets Frozen = Jonn's battle with a group of White Martian spies and meeting Supes

cool idea...whatever leads to supes getting back on screen i'm all for :-D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"