Endgame Do they have to die? (Cap, Thor, Iron Man)

Hopefully nobody dies. I wanna see Iron Man interact with Reed Richards and the FF, Cap interact with the X-Men and Thor continue to grow. Fans these days just seem bloodthirsty, where they want their favorite characters to die for some reason.
I'd like to see Tony live if for nothing else than to see him in shock at conversing with someone even smarter than him ( Reed)

I kinda hope so. I wanna see sacrifice done to save the universe. And from our heavy hitters.

Bingo.

Cap or Tony, it’s inevitable IMO. Bookmarked this thread.
Although if they go to bring everyone back they will be absent for THE final battle of this 3 Phase MCU project.

Regardless if it is a solo or not, it's a plot point that has been done. I don't think Cap dying is a logical end point of his character. Dying is easy, living is more challenging. If Cap sacrifices himself, he's not doing or showing us anything about him we don't already know. He is the guy who will do that. For me it's too predictable. I'd rather they be more creative. At least with Stark, there is the poetry that the MCU as we know it started with him, so him dying signals an end to that. Cap's death doesn't have that same poetry.

I agree with this. There's a lot more dramatic weight if Tony dies (Pepper, baby Tony, etc). Cap dying, while sad, would be somewhat predictable.

I'm not sure who will die, but I am a firm believer that a major player needs to bite the dust. Otherwise, this basically turns into the ol' comic book problem of "no one dies ever", which is a disservice to the big bads who threaten Earth and our heroes.

I definitely think that the one aspect that the Russos have brought to the table has been the ability to subvert certain levels of expectations throughout. Remember when this discussion was happening during the lead in to IW before the snappening became known? It's all just a crapshoot. I'm actually going into A4 with the expectation that I'm going to be surprised. Whether that means that I see something I didn't expect or that someone bites the dust that I wouldn't have thought possible, great! That's the magic of moviemaking and not knowing anything going in.

However, if I'm to feed some grist for this particularly bloody mill, I would say that Cap and Tony are the most likely to get the perma-death big hero sacrifice bit, BW wouldn't shock me, and that I almost hope Peter is brought back just in time to die again if only because that would make FFH incredibly confusing to watch.

Cheers.

Would be shocked if at least one of Tony/Cap won't die, probably both. Hope Thor and Hulk will survive and we see them in future movies. Hawkeye will probably retire.

Tony Stark could do a George Lucas. Retire and then move onto things that only interests him.

Have they killed major women in these movies? Maybe Black Widow should die. She does have a movie coming out, it'll be a prequel, so her death wouldn't affect that.

tumblr_pjdhccAbQH1s8ev1f_1280.gif

tumblr_pjdhcdiDmn1s8ev1f_1280.gif

#Parallels

And he survived TFA as well :o

It's definitely a parallel, but that doesn't really say "Hey guys, I'm dead!!!" either

"Part of the journey is the end."

QONVIyz.gif

Cap might, Thor might, but Tony mustn't die. He still has his little kid to look after. How tragic it is if he's dead ?

It's just too much too handle and too cruel for Iron Man. Besides, I doubt that Marvel Studio dare to do that. They might go the save way and give the heroes a sacrified ending.
With Cap and Thor, either way is fine. Cap dies, he will finally get his dance with Peggy. Thor dies, he will be with his father.

With Iron Man, he must live. That's the only way.

Cap and Thor I could agree, but this would be the third time in a row they tried to end Stark's arc with a happy retirement.

Yeah. Stark is dead. The only capacity I could see him returning in is as an AI for a future generation of Iron.

Cap I also think will "die." But according to recent rumors, he may not be done. My guess is a Secret Invasion plot.

Thor I believe will reach Valhalla. We may see Beta Ray Bill in the meantime, but I bet he'll return for that inevitable Galactus fight.

If Thor dies I'll be really mad both online and offline. His story is far from finished, he needs to take his rightful place as king of the Asgardians. I'd also like to see him meet the Eternals.

They don't have to die, we just want them dead.

I think Thor is the least likely to die. It never occurred to me that he might be on the chopping block. I'm still going with Cap, but it would hurt like hell.

The thing is, we need some kind of emotional pay off to give closure to 10 years of an ongoing story, it would feel cheap and lazy if just everything goes back to normal and everybody lives happily ever after (which is something i have been thinking about and fearing lately).
I am suspicious of Captain and Iron Man dying while sacrificing themselves, but we will see.
Another probable thing is that they retire and appear as mentors or cameos in future movies, but no more protagonists roles.
Of course i want them to do this forever or at least 10 years more but it is pretty complicated.
Edit: You can bet they are going to break our heart in some way or another, i can garantee you that.

Reactions: MbJ
I think Iron Man or Cap dying is too obvious at this point. What about Banner? He's one of the most beloved Avengers yet somewhat "expendable" in the MCU, in the sense that he never got his own movie (Ruffalo's Hulk, that is), and there doesn't seem to be any plans for future Hulk adventures. His death could be his big moment after refusing to come out for the battle of Wakanda.

Cap will probably "retire" from field work. Stark will probably become director of S.H.I.E.L.D.

I still feel like I did before... I don't see Cap, Thor or Tony's deaths as necessary. People forget how many assumed that IW wasn't going to end with the snap and the "death" of so many characters. After IW suddenly there are lots thinking "death" is how it's going to go. They are going to want us coming out with the exact OPPOSITE feelings we had when IW ended. So I think characters retire from "active duty" allowing a next generation to take over but none of the mainstays gets a dirtnap.

I do feel that Stark won’t die. He’ll retire and happily live with Pepper.

Rogers though to me is a goner unless they can send him back in time but then wouldn’t that completely mess up the timeline of events in the MCU??

I would love to see Stan take over as captain america, using a different more brutal fighting style, some knives and that awesome metal arm. I would love to see another political thriller type action adventure film like Winter Soldier. I loved that it was somewhat of a self-contained story. I hope to see more of those films

I don't think they (Cap, Thor, Tony) have to die. But I hope they do take a "step back" to give more room for the new heroes (Parker, T'Challa, Carol), not to mention the Fantastic Four and X-Men coming soon.

I still feel like I did before... I don't see Cap, Thor or Tony's deaths as necessary. People forget how many assumed that IW wasn't going to end with the snap and the "death" of so many characters. After IW suddenly there are lots thinking "death" is how it's going to go. They are going to want us coming out with the exact OPPOSITE feelings we had when IW ended. So I think characters retire from "active duty" allowing a next generation to take over but none of the mainstays gets a dirtnap.

That's my thinking as well. I'm not going to be screaming "No Stakes!" if we end with Tony shutting down his suit, Thor leading the Asgardian survivors and Cap hanging up his shield. I don't need to see a coffin in order to be satisfied with Endgame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"