The Avengers Who deserves the most credit for MCU: Phase One success?

It's possible, but starting it off with Iron Man kind of made more sense with the whole arrogance Stark had and Fury's "you think you're the only one out there?" line. Stark is technically the most normal guy on the team.

Actually besides the whole "man out of time" thing, Cap is the most normal member of the "big four".

Yeah it did make more since because he's an easier character to translate, but that doesn't really have much to do with RDJ himself.

Fury's superiors view all four of them as freaks in some form or another. Stark hasn't really been enhanced much except for his arc reactor heart. But I assume in IM 3 they're gonna start the whole Extremis thing.

Many people deserve the credit, but imo The Avengers could've failed, maybe not commercials but critically, if not for Whedon's writing and direction. The whole ensemble movie could've easily have gotten overblown and oversaturated under a different director or a bad script, so I think Whedon deserves the most credit for pulling it off, and done it in spades.

Yeah, that was my one fear about doing the Avengers, was that it would feel bloated.

Yeah, that was my one fear about doing the Avengers, was that it would feel bloated.

Personally, I won't be surprised if the JL movie fell into many of the pitfalls or entrapment that The Avengers had managed to avoid. Ensemble movies, especially ones dealing with superheroes, are filled with landmines in terms of plots and characterization, and I think there's a higher probability for failure than success.

Way I see it

1) Kevin Feige- Made MCU and devloped something thats never really been done before by suiperhero films by making all the characters exist in the same world.

2) Joss Whedon- Gave MCU a future which may not of happen if the "Avengers" wasnt as sucessful as it was.

3) Robert Downey Jr- Got the attention of the general audience being he's well known

4) Jon Favreau- help establish one of the best franchises in the MCU (IRONMAN)

5) Louis Leterrier- idk made a sucessful Hulk movie

6) Kenneth Branagh- Made a character that really wasnt known to the general audience and made him work and look realistic on film.

7) Joe Johnston- Finally made a character that has been attempt on film many times before acutally work and make the audience believable..that he could exist in the real
life.

All them contributed to Phase I by gaining fans and followers that will come back for sequals, I only chose Wheldon on the poll because the sucess of his film pretty much sealed the deal for a future for MCU for many more years.

Fury's superiors view all four of them as freaks in some form or another. Stark hasn't really been enhanced much except for his arc reactor heart. But I assume in IM 3 they're gonna start the whole Extremis thing.

I don't see how you can view Cap as a "freak", he's just a super athletic human it's not like he's a monster or has actual powers.

we do of course, the fans. we gave them the money to see it.

3) Robert Downey Jr- Got the attention of the general audience being he's well known.

Before Iron Man was released Robert Downey Jr. was more infamous for his bad boy antics than being a bankable movie star. Iron Man's opening weekend grossed more than any his other movies grossed in their entire cinema run.

That being said, I voted for Favreau because he did take the chance on RDJ, any other director probably wouldn't have cast him in a summer tentpole movie like that. Hell, any other studio probably wouldn't have let him cast RDJ. Feige deserves a lot of credit, but Favreau direction and frankly risky casting is what set the wheels in motion of the Marvel Movie Universe. If Iron Man failed, The Avengers probably wouldn't have been made. Quite possibly also Thor and Captain America would've been shelved as well.

From what I understand, I have to go with Feige.

Obviously if you take Downey or Favreau out of the picture, things change completely. Same thing with a mediocre Avengers without Whedon's involvement. But all of those things were made possible because Marvel, and therefore Feige, made the deliberate choice to hire real directors such as Favreau and Whedon (and Johnston and Branagh), and genuinely great actors like Downey and Ruffalo, and have them written by people who actually care about and are faithful to who, for example, Steve Rogers is. Not to mention the devotion to the source material in general.

None of that was a safe bet, we could easily be living in a world where Ryan Reynolds is Tony Stark and Michael Bay is directing The Avengers based on a David Goyer script. Feige got that ball rolling.

What about Avi Arad.I know he gets a lot of hate but he was involved in Iron Man

Best joke I've heard all day. Avi Arad should not be allowed anywhere near the MCU.

I think it's Kevin Feige, no contest, simply based on coming up with and following through with the entire concept of the MCU. Without Feige and his vision/foresight, we never get RDJ as Iron Man let alone anyone else from the MCU. And even if they did, I don't think anyone other than Feige could have executed it, regardless of how many talented people are at MS.

I think it's Kevin Feige, no contest, simply based on coming up with and following through with the entire concept of the MCU. Without Feige and his vision/foresight, we never get RDJ as Iron Man let alone anyone else from the MCU. And even if they did, I don't think anyone other than Feige could have executed it, regardless of how many talented people are at MS.

Word :word:

tumblr_m8z8q9CpFl1rw29eto1_500.png

Feige deserves all the credit since it was he that got the ball rolling for Iron Man to be done @ Marvel Studios and from their a launching pad was formed that set lead straight (Hulk, Thor, and Captain America) to the formation of "The Avengers".

I'd go with Feige on this, though there were many who were instumental in bringing it all about. But Feige is to the MCU films what John Lasseter is to Pixar.

Feige. Easy. Without his vision the MCU wouldn't have happend.

I'd have to say Kevin Feige for ALL the movies being brought foreword and Joss as the best of all the films content.

Fiege. He's Phase One's Daddy. Hats of to Whendon though.

You know, you're missing the most important, obvious choice for your poll. The ones responsible for making Phase One such a success are we the fans.

1.5 billion dollar blockbusters need more than fans. Fans don't make blockbusters. They make Dredd's and Serenity's.

I think the majority of the credit goes to Robert Downey Jr., I think he's got the most mainstream appeal of any Avengers actor. I mean, if you have to ask this question...well, the answer is already in the paychecks. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"