do we have a 2nd choice for the upcoming "Oscar Best Visual Effects"?

my mom said it was the most realstic CGI ever made...must be good lmao

I think this was Jurassic Park-esque in terms of raising the bar so high above anything before it.

screw the otehrs. WE WIN DAMMIT! WE winn because WEE LOVE IT!!

as an awards expert...transformers has atleast 3 awards locked up right now. locked up to WIN.

sound mixing, sound editing, and visual effects.

Not once during the movie did I doubt the effects, it never took me out of the movie. The effects in this were Gollum, Jurrasic Park, T2 quality.

The best effects ever. The bar has been raised. It was like seeing the T-100 and T-rex for the first time.

In fact, I think TF has no competitors for the next Oscar visual effects and sound effects.

We all talk about the groundbreaking visual effects here, does anyone notice that the sound effects are super too?

super indeed my friend, it better get that oscar.

The Academy never gives the right prizes to the right movies.

Remember when Raiders lost to Chariots on Fire?

If Pirates wins for best visual effects this year, I'll scream!!!! It doesn't ****ing deserve it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TransFormers should without a doubt win this year!!!

I can't remember how many is nominated in each category, but if it was up to me, I'd list

1: Spider-Man 3
2: Pirates 3
3: (probably) Harry Potter 5
4: TransFormers!

And I truely hope it's transformers!!! It deserves it!

Im usually quite harsh when it comes to judging CGI in movies. SM3's Sandman reforming himself was very impressive.
But the several instances where a robot transforms...HOLY *****. I will never get tired of seeing the Autobots/Decepticons doing that. Seriously, if Transformers doesnt win...some heads are gonna roll.

The only way Pirates would win is if it was the MTV movie awards , because teenage girls would stuff the ballot for pirates. Since this is the Oscars I think the academy will recognize the great effects of Transformers and give it the oscar it deserves.

Help a noob out. Does anyone know the exact stages the Academy goes through in determing who wins? Do they base it on popularity? Or technical achievements? Or how innovative/unique the film uses CGI?

A 15 minute clip that whoever gives to the Academy, I think.

Help a noob out. Does anyone know the exact stages the Academy goes through in determing who wins? Do they base it on popularity? Or technical achievements? Or how innovative/unique the film uses CGI?
As stated above, a 15 minute demonstration clip is supplied from each contender (or so I hear). I'm guessing that these things are like the water bag slicing mock up and final product in X-Men 2 DVD extras, or something similar.

The judges are other people in the visual effects industry.

Lastly, it's about "Visual Effects" and not just CGI. People these days seem to confuse that a lot and many Transformers fans are saying TF will win because it has the best CGI. Well the big newsflash here is that Visual Effects also includes practical effects so the winning entry could just as well be based around stunts with cars as much as a CG Autobot transformation shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"