BvS Batman vs. Superman vs. The Oscars

Couldn't agree more, expect you left out sound. Sound is essential. Just from the comic con teaser alone, the sound design is hard-hitting and lethal. Batman bringing the bat signal into place - its almost like is taking aim with a weapon. The raw grinding industrial piece of design is beautiful, but yet powerful.

I didn't leave out sound. Sound is in there. :funny:

People are hating on Snyder and this movie now, but haters are gonna recognize that Snyder's gonna prove that he is among the best in Hollywood and show the world that he can do Batman better than Nolan could ever do. Snyder's an underrated director who knows what he's doing and he's going to surprise the world when this movie is the first comic book movie nominated for Best Picture.

Wow...it seems any time someone even dares to think a little positive with this film, the positivity gets smacked!

y4hbSld.gif

People are just doubting the potential WB. If this studio can create The Dark Knight, one of the greatest comic book movies that transcended the genre and proved that Comic Book movies can be more than typical summer fare, then they can replicate that success with a cross over movie featuring two of the biggest superheroes of all time. I believe that this movie can be even bigger and better than The Dark Knight. This movie can be so big that the Oscar voters cannot ignore it's imminent success.

People are just doubting the potential WB. If this studio can create The Dark Knight, one of the greatest comic book movies that transcended the genre and proved that Comic Book movies can be more than typical summer fare, then they can replicate that success with a cross over movie featuring two of the biggest superheroes of all time. I believe that this movie can be even bigger and better than The Dark Knight. This movie can be so big that the Oscar voters cannot ignore it's imminent success.

This. And maybe it won't be as big as TDK (that's tough to beat) :woot:, but I am honestly excited to see it.

Wow...it seems any time someone even dares to think a little positive with this film, the positivity gets smacked!

y4hbSld.gif

I'm completely optimistic about the film, I'm just realistic whgen it comes to the Academy and their stuck in the ways attitude towards this genre. I also appreciate the comment wasn't aimed at me directly, I'm not taking offence in any way, merely stating my position, believe me, I have no doubts the films from here on in, will be amazing, I loved MOS.

I'm completely optimistic about the film, I'm just realistic whgen it comes to the Academy and their stuck in the ways attitude towards this genre. I also appreciate the comment wasn't aimed at me directly, I'm not taking offence in any way, merely stating my position, believe me, I have no doubts the films from here on in, will be amazing, I loved MOS.

Hahahahah nope, it was not you!! It was aimed at a "higher being".... I understand your points. I am cautiously optimistic about this film too!

This. And maybe it won't be as big as TDK (that's tough to beat) :woot:, but I am honestly excited to see it.

If anyone can beat it it's the studio that made it. It can be as grounbreaking as The Dark Knight and definitely more groundbreaking than The Lord of the Rings movies which were nomianted (and one even won) for Best Picture.

You people are crazy if you think this will get a look in beyond special effects and sound.

What do you mean, you people?

It's gonna be one of the best movies of 2016. The times are changing, and we're going to be seeing more genre movies in the Oscars. There are going to be more and more younger Oscar voters, and BvS will be that changes Oscar Voters opinions on genre movies. If you don't believe that, then I have no words for you.

It would have to be actually good first, and there's no guarantees of that. Even nerd god Chris Nolan couldn't crack Director and Picture nods and he's a better director.

There's certainly a chance of it becoming a phenomenon that the academy can't overlook but right now there are more than enough reasons as to why this won't get a look in.

It's not slamming down people being positive. The question is can BvS be a contender at the oscars? Well yeah but so can every single film coming out that year as we haven't seen them yet. So you have to look at the current elements provided to us to make a (very early and uninformed) judge and right now the only shining light could be Terrio. As there are reasons why it could falter at all the others.

People saying "Oh man I really hope BvS is good the costumes are great!" and someone replies "You're wrong Snyder's a hack and the film has zero chance of success" is slamming on hopeful thoughts.

What was the technicality on why Zimmer didn't get nominated for MOS? Above anything else in regards to the film's reception, I thought that was a true disservice.

There's certainly a chance of it becoming a phenomenon that the academy can't overlook but right now there are more than enough reasons as to why this won't get a look in.

It's not slamming down people being positive. The question is can BvS be a contender at the oscars? Well yeah but so can every single film coming out that year as we haven't seen them yet. So you have to look at the current elements provided to us to make a (very early and uninformed) judge and right now the only shining light could be Terrio. As there are reasons why it could falter at all the others.

People saying "Oh man I really hope BvS is good the costumes are great!" and someone replies "You're wrong Snyder's a hack and the film has zero chance of success" is slamming on hopeful thoughts.

The reason why it won't is because Snyder is not a good enough director to deliver the type of film to get Academy voters interested in anything more than technical awards. At the moment people have been wowed by impressive imagery, that's the one thing Snyder is good at, but he's too inconsistent a director to deliver a film that would get any serious awards attention. It's about being realistic.

It's gonna be one of the best movies of 2016. The times are changing, and we're going to be seeing more genre movies in the Oscars. There are going to be more and more younger Oscar voters, and BvS will be that changes Oscar Voters opinions on genre movies. If you don't believe that, then I have no words for you.

I shall sing this during Oscar night.
[YT]xg9_Lx2AWaE[/YT]

If anyone can beat it it's the studio that made it. It can be as grounbreaking as The Dark Knight and definitely more groundbreaking than The Lord of the Rings movies which were nomianted (and one even won) for Best Picture.

These comments actualy seem like the kind of thing someone would put in a films discussion forums as an attempt at baiting.

I'm completely optimistic about the film, I'm just realistic whgen it comes to the Academy and their stuck in the ways attitude towards this genre.

To be fair, none of the superhero films so far have realy deserved to be taken more seriously by the Academy, possibly The Dark Knight, but even then, i don't think it was better than Slumdog Millionaire. It reminds me how there are actualy people thinking Walking Dead was snubed at the Emmies, without having actualy watched the shows that were nominated.

Wait, so 2017 is THE year the guard changes? Like, all the old Academy members are gonna croak at once that year to make way for all the young blood who will surely use that opportunity to vote Zack Snyder's masterpiece to glory? You already know the quality of this film as well as how it will stack up against all the other films released in 2016?

You're either a prophet or you're trolling right now.

To be honest, I'm trying to imagine "Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice" being read off amongst the other nominees and that goofy title alone feels like it gets in its own way of being thought of in that way at the Oscars, regardless of the quality of the film.

I'm not discounting the possibility of something special happening and another "TDK" scenario, but it is hilariously early in the game to be making these types of statements.

BvS will win the Best Picture Oscar, Emmy, Grammy, and Tony, and will then go on to win the Nobel Peace Prize, the Medal of Honor, and the local spelling bee at Clermont County High.

To be fair, none of the superhero films so far have realy deserved to be taken more seriously by the Academy, possibly The Dark Knight, but even then, i don't think it was better than Slumdog Millionaire.
The one concession I can give to those who cry about the TDK snub is 'The Reader' most certainly did not deserve to be up there in place of it. It was an obvious filler spot, and no doubt spurned the change to increase the number of best picture nominations to avoid that backlash.

It reminds me how there are actualy people thinking Walking Dead was snubed at the Emmies, without having actualy watched the shows that were nominated.
It is a bit funny how little the general audience (and even fans) have consumed the media out there. Critics and academy members are practically required to watch anything and everything that comes out. They have far more eligibility to properly gauge the best of the best, as subjective as it may be. From my years just listening in on convos, many of these hardcore fans propping up their respective franchises haven't even seen half of the other nominations.

These comments actualy seem like the kind of thing someone would put in a films discussion forums as an attempt at baiting.

To be fair, none of the superhero films so far have realy deserved to be taken more seriously by the Academy, possibly The Dark Knight, but even then, i don't think it was better than Slumdog Millionaire. It reminds me how there are actualy people thinking Walking Dead was snubed at the Emmies, without having actualy watched the shows that were nominated.

You don't think The Dark Knight was better than Slumdog Millionaire? That movie definitely didn't deserve an Oscar, didn't even deserve to get nominated.

Best Screenplay - original - Terrio's rewrites got this.
Best Cinemtography - It's about time Fond receives this.
Best Wardrobe - Dat Basuit
Best Visual Effects - This is a Zack Snyder movie. It's gonna look gorgeous
Best Editing
Best Production Design - This will be the best looking Gotham City in a movie ever.
Best Score - Don't need a reason for this. Zimmer will knock it out the park.
Best Sound
Best Actor - Ben Affleck. Come on, it's TDKR Batman on screen. If Heath Ledger can get one for Joker, Affleck can get one for playing TDKR Batman.
Best Picture - Good possibility with Zack Snyder finally having a good writer to work with, this can be the defining movie in the comic book genre, especially if he gets Superman right.

No comic book movie will ever win original screenplay, as these are adapted from existing properties.

You don't think The Dark Knight was better than Slumdog Millionaire? That movie definitely didn't deserve an Oscar, didn't even deserve to get nominated.

I thought Slumdog was great. So did a lot of people.

Slumdog was a great movie. I despised it at the time, but that was the fanboy in me who was pissed at the Oscar snubs, particularly Nolan's for director. I got over it, though. Personally, I'd have given the Best Picture to WALL-E that year, anyway.

Last edited:
You're either a prophet or you're trolling right now.
It's pretty obvious which one I've been doing. :woot:

This thread has been made way too early. There's no point in having a serious discussion about this as there's not even any actual footage of the movie released (that Comic-Con teaser was a teaser that most likely won't even be in the movie), and the movie two years away so we don't even know what it's going to compete against.

How can you possibly predict Oscars on a movie that hasn't even made any actual film footage public?

Like, all the old Academy members are gonna croak at once that year to make way for all the young blood who will surely use that opportunity to vote Zack Snyder's masterpiece to glory?

I have a plan. www.LikeABondVillain.com :twisted:

Sorry ParkerWayne, you really blurred the line well there. Had me hook, line and sinker! Well played. Now I feel silly about my post. :ninja:

:funny:

It's okay, BLR. I just find it ridiculous to have an Oscar thread and couldn't resist. I find any point in having a serious discussion on even the technical awards when we even haven't seen (or in the case of sound, heard) of the technical side of the movie we're discussing yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"