Do you agree with Marvel firing James Gunn?

Doesn't matter. Pedo jokes are pedo jokes.

There's a line when it crosses over from creepy parody to overt/vulgar pedophilia. Hence why McFarlane gets away with it and Gunn is not.

There's a line when it crosses over from creepy parody to overt pedophilia. Hence why McFarlane gets away with it and Gunn is not.

So now pedo jokes are okay sometimes. Got it :up:

20+ Tweets. Never said a word about thousands. And yes 20+ is unhealthy.

Wait. It's 20+ now,? Last I heard it was like twelve. Does anyone have a list with actual quotes? And are tweets like him comparing his lousy shower to a peeing child or the one about him having gay sex in the movie theather inspired by the homoerotism of Expendables counted? I have to ask because I fear that this controversy may affect the way we view his tweets. I mean, sure the man has/had an inappropiate sense of humour but it feels like the fish gets bigger every time I hear this story.

20+ Tweets. Never said a word about thousands. And yes 20+ is unhealthy.

That's using an extremely broad interpretation. Comparing a weak shower to a child's pee stream is hardly sexual in nature. But this was lumped in to get them pearls clutched.

From all accounts Gunn is an odd duck and a good guy who was retroactively fired for a handful of offensive tweets made mostly before he began working for the Mouse. Everyone involved in firing a director who delivered two terrific films without a hint of impropriety should be ashamed of themselves.

That's using an extremely broad interpretation. Comparing a weak shower to a child's pee stream is hardly sexual in nature. But this was lumped in to get them pearls clutched.

From all accounts Gunn is an odd duck and a good guy who was retroactively fired for a handful of offensive tweets made mostly before he began working for the Mouse. Everyone involved in firing a director who delivered two terrific films without a hint of impropriety should be ashamed of themselves.

James Gunn started out at Troma Entertainment and possibly still worked there until he started making movies for Disney. Troma was known for very crass films.Their staff and especially their fanbase all have a very...particular taste and sense of humour. I believe Gunn's old tweets were specifically for the Troma fans' brand of humour. It should be noted that when Gunn explained and apologised for them, he did a noble thing by not trying to bring his old employers into it.

James Gunn started out at Troma Entertainment and possibly still worked there until he started making movies for Disney. Troma was known for very crass films.Their staff and especially their fanbase all have a very...particular taste and sense of humour. I believe Gunn's old tweets were specifically for the Troma fans' brand of humour. It should be noted that when Gunn explained and apologised for them, he did a noble thing by not trying to bring his old employers into it.

He never apologized for the tweets UNTIL HE GOT FIRED he apologized for the offensive Blog Posting before the tweets started 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Director James Gunn Apologizes for Controversial Jokes: 'I'm Sorry and Regret Making Them at All'

Please be respectful of the opinions of others guys. Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"