Taika has met with Marvel for another project

Discussion in 'Marvel Films' started by Darkprime, Aug 24, 2018.

1. Shoppy

Shoppy Registered

I want to see him do something with Hulk, Korg, Meik, Valkyrie and Thor again, and possibly Heimdall if he gets brought back after Endgame ...... MCU take on a "Warbound" story under the Thor title to get round the Hulk rights issue

Chance Jackson likes this.
  2. HammerDown

HammerDown High Tide Or Low Tide

3. Darkprime

Darkprime Registered

Interesting so it must have been for something else most likely a very early meeting for Thor 4 maybe.

4. Spider-Fan

Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014 Champion

I have been saying for a while Gunn will be hard to replace. Everyone sees GotG as his baby, and known directors seems to want to stay away for that reason. Taika would have been a solid replacement, but he echoes that same sentiment.

I hope they can just hire Gunn back after some time passes.

5. Spider-Fan

More and more I don't think Thor 4, IM4 or Cap 4 are happening. I think Endgame will be the end of that direction of the MCU. We may see them again, but as the guys carrying their own franchises, I think they're done.

Detective Conan likes this.
  6. Iceman

Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

That would be my preference but would they do it and would he come back if offered are the key questions. Tails deserves a shot at something else.

7. Iceman

Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

I feel confident that IM4 and Cap 4 aren’t on the radar but Thor 4 at least has a chance as he only recently hit his stride with Ragnarok and he also represents an outside Earth push, which is the direction they seemed to want to start going with more of the MCU.

HammerDown likes this.
  8. Darkprime

Darkprime Registered

If anyone continues beyond end game it will be Thor. They finally found their groove. And there has been too much chatter about Thor 4 for it to not happen unless Hemsworth suddenly decided maybe during the End Game press tour that its better not to pick up the Hammer again. I think there will be a Thor 4 or at the very least well see Thor again.

HammerDown likes this.
  9. Mike Murdock

Mike Murdock Registered

Honestly, I know directors are reluctant to take over Gunn's work, but, to me, it would be about protecting his story. If Marvel hires somebody completely different, they'll likely throw out his script and start over. But if it's someone who appreciates Gunn and wants to continue it, they'll keep the script.

Shuri likes this.
  10. Spider-Fan

I don't agree. They already killed a fair amount of his supporting cast. I think Thor will return but in a supporting role. I don't think Thor 4 every happens

11. Kuwolski

Kuwolski g r u n t - m a n

I genuinely hope it's something like Howard the Duck that he ends up doing.

12. Frankeh

Frankeh Registered

FANTASTIC FOUR.

13. Silvermoth

Silvermoth Avenger

Yeah I could see it being fantastic four. Imagine how much fun it would be if taika played reed?

14. Shuri

Shuri Smartest person in the MCU.

Me too, I want him back.

15. psylockolussus

psylockolussus Spice Mutant

SILVER SURFER

16. BoredGuy

BoredGuy Chairman of the Bored

I'm kind of surprised he's so adamantly against doing GOTG vol3

Like I get it, it's been Gunn's baby... but 1) I didn't think they were all that close of friends, 2) If anybody could nail the humor even better than Gunn, it's Waititi, 3) He makes films that make good use of and are respectful to what came before, and 4) He could bring in Thor (to replace Drax, if need be), allowing him keep working with Hemsworth and continue the fun dynamic from Inifinity War... Korg, Miek, and Valkyrie could also add some ancillary Guardians members who would bring something new and fun

I get where he's coming from, and it is cool and respectable of him, I'm just a bit shocked Feige hasn't tried harder to sell him on it

17. Spider-Fan

Feige may have harder sold him on it than he is saying, but fact is if he has no interest, then he has no interest.

The_Manhunter likes this.
  18. HammerDown

HammerDown High Tide Or Low Tide

Well i think a Thor 4 is still very much in the cards.
    But i believe it won't come out anytime soon which is a shame.

The reason why i believe Thor 4 is a possibility is because of Thor's new found groove. Ragnarok and IW really propelled the character's popularity into all time heights. Also the character has such a rich history in the comics with a ton of different angles, storylines, characters, worlds... yet to be explored.

Also both Chris Hemsworth and Taika have hinted at working together in the future on another Thor movie.

19. BoredGuy

Yeah, I certainly hope, since he won't do GOTG, that Thor 4 is next in the works

20. psylockolussus

psylockolussus Spice Mutant

Thor 4 isn't gonna happen like how they've ignored a Ir4 and Ca4 movie for years and those two are bigger money makers than Thor/hulk combined. I also feel like Marvel Stud10s is very obvious with the films that will get a sequel. Just like Ir4/ca4, they are no legit evidence or signs that they are thinking about Thor4 as it was never in the plans anyway! They'd have the X-Men, Fantastic Four, Shang Chi, Black Widow, Spider-Man Hom3 Again, Black Panther 2/3, Captain Marvel 2/3, Eternals, Ant-Man 3, Dr. Strange 2/3, Gotg 3, and Avengers films for the 2020s. I doubt they are gonna squeeze in a fourth Thor film.

21. BoredGuy

Idk
    Hemsworth and Taika have both left the possibility open
    and I'd like to see at least one Phase 1 Franchise continue on, and since the other 2 of the "Big Three" are most likely gone, Thor can rep the old guard

He just hit his stride, would be a shame for the party to end now

22. Spider-Fan

If it were up to me, RDJ, Evans, and Hemms would be playing Cap, Iron Man, and Thor forever. But Endgame is being treated as the end of an era, so I think that will include Thor. Like I said before, much of Thor's cast was killed in Ragnarok and Thor's journey from Prince to King did conclude. So Ragnarok does serve as a good ending to the journey for his solos. If Thor 4 were to be made, I'd welcome it. I just doubt they do it.

Flash525 likes this.
  23. m2k

m2k Registered

From what I've seen of his work, his strong suits are quirky family situations. The more oddball the pairings, the better. I've always thought he'd be perfect for the FF and I still do. Now whether he's interested in these characters or if Feige wants a more 'out there' version to kickstart the FF is another question.

24. Silvermoth

Silvermoth Avenger

Maybe he might do something new? Something like thor’s roommate Dave or something? I reckon taika could do something fresh without feeling like we’re missing out

25. Flash525

Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

I'm not convinced any MCU film will get a 4th solo feature, and as we've had Thor 3 already, I'm not seeing a 4th Thor film. However, that doesn't mean Thor can't be in another [non Avengers] film, just one that he isn't the core focus on.

I don't know what other characters he'd mix well with, but there's ample opportunity for Chris to reprise the role, and work with Taika, whilst not under the Thor Film banner. Maybe they could go cosmic? Could Thor join the Guardians for Vol 3? Could Thor go on a quest with Stephen Strange or Scott Lang into another realm/dimension? Could Thor share screen time with T'Challa?

Maybe Taika will do something with the Eternals, and have Thor show up with that?