Taika has met with Marvel for another project

Tails would be well suited to GotG 3 with Thor and his comedy would be more appreciated there.

Tails. :funny:

Oh, please let this be for a potential Thor 4. Please. As much as I love the GotG movies, I'd rather have a second Waititi Thor movie any day of the week.

Taikaholics Anonymous annual meeting. So happy to brighten up these a couple of sad losers'day. Ten Goldblums out of a possible ten Goldblums. #LifeFindsaWay #ShirtLife #thecriticalslidesociety
https://twitter.com/TaikaWaititi/status/1033598039296884741

DlgT7icU4AETbGg.jpg

Tails. :funny:

Oh, please let this be for a potential Thor 4. Please. As much as I love the GotG movies, I'd rather have a second Waititi Thor movie any day of the week.

I love my phone. :woot:

Yes, Tails would be ideally suited to a GotG3 with Thor, while Sonic wouldn’t get on with Rocket.

Conspiracy hat on.

Taika had a recent meeting with Marvel. Taika really wanted to do a Thor 4... He had already mentioned before that he would love to come back with Chris Hemsworth, Tessa Thompson, Jeff Goldblum... Ryhs Darby also said in an interview at the premiere that he wished he was in Thor Ragnarok but he hoped Taika would bring him in for the next one.

tumblr_p0de19fN3a1wrraimo1_400.gif

Thor, Korg and Meik would fit in so nicely with the GotG. Valkyrie, love her but prob 1 too many plus she join some other crew no problem.
I know many want a defining closing arc for the Guardians. Me.. I just Taika to go crazy with this new crew hopefully! That's when he's at his best. Lol!

Thor was a secondary charactenkr until Ragnarok and Infinity War, he seems to be just now coming into his own.

Thor has had 3 movies on his own and then he has been in 3 Avengers films (soon to be 4 after A4 comes out). I think he’s had enough time to shine.

I agree with BT here. Sure Thor has already been in a few movies but his new found groove and increased popularity almost demand more for the character. There's still a lot to be explored and i for one would be 100% on board for a new Thor movie.

There's so much yet to be explored with Thor comics.

Understandable but I stand by my point. I think after a trilogy, characters should retire or be in group films only. They clog up the release schedule and keep newer properties from being released more frequently. I’d rather fresh new characters who haven’t been explored versus being comfortable with the ones we love and have enjoyed for the last 8-9 years.

Thor has had 3 movies on his own and then he has been in 3 Avengers films (soon to be 4 after A4 comes out). I think he’s had enough time to shine.

Thor was a supporting character in 2 of The Avengers film and took a backseat to Loki in Thor 2.

I'm not arguing quantity of appearances, I'm referring to quality.

Didn’t say they were 3 good films, just that he’s had his time. Going by your username, you are a Thor fan so I understand how you want more films. I just feel like it’s time to make room for new characters.

Didn’t say they were 3 good films, just that he’s had his time. Going by your username, you are a Thor fan so I understand how you want more films. I just feel like it’s time to make room for new characters.

Yeah, I'm good with a Thor 4, but jesus I don't want to see Thor and the Guardianettes.

I hope it's for a Thor 4 guest starring the Guardians. Would leave the door open for a legit Gunn-directed GOTG 3 sometimes down the line after Horn leaves Disney.

GOTG3 with Thor
Best of both worlds. We know that the third Guardians will feature Adam Warlock and Thor has a rich history with that particular character. Also and as seen in IW, Thor would fit right in with the Guardians...

Thor and Rocket certainly fit well together.

My guess is it is for Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3. I can see Thor being maybe inserted into the movie in a supporting role even. But that is definitely my guess.

I'd be down with a Thor/Guardians sequel. I really enjoyed his scenes with the Guardians in Infinity War. But I worry that would minimize Adam Warlock's role, which sounded like it was going to be a big one (and it should be).

I'd be down with a Thor/Guardians sequel. I really enjoyed his scenes with the Guardians in Infinity War. But I worry that would minimize Adam Warlock's role, which sounded like it was going to be a big one (and it should be).

My assumption has been Adam will be the villain. Probably struggling with the Maggus slowly descending him into madness.

Thor was the first Marvel hero to confront Warlock [when he was known only as HIM] so there is a connection that would make sense to explore...

If I'm not mistaken my initial post said Taika would be a better fit for GOTG 3 and most likely that's what this meeting is for.

This being a Thor film is actually one of my secondary options.

Thor was the first Marvel hero to confront Warlock [when he was known only as HIM] so there is a connection that would make sense to explore...

Oh, really? Well then! That actually works pretty well.

with RDJ and Evans looking like they will ride into the sunset after A4 if would make sense to focus on Thor being the "glue" that held everyone together and him appearing in other franchises he is red hot right now and I would love for him to be in G3

Asgardians of the Galaxy

Thor 4 and GOTG Vol. 3 put together, it sounds great to me

Even I didn't know that.

GOTG3 is unlikely imo. Thor 4 seems unlikely too, but Taika wants to play in the the same cosmic world with Thor, so they could start a new franchise and use familiar characters if Taika kicks off a Nova franchise.

sal-buscema-nova-origin-of-richard-rider-the-man-called-nova-no-4-cover-nova-and-thor_a-G-13754892-13198931.jpg

I lean toward siding with your view.

In a recent podcast Taika Waititi had this to say about working with Marvel again.
I'd like to do another thing with Marvel. Not sure what yet... I don't know what's going to be. I'd like to do it with Chris again, so if it was another Thor i would definitely be interest in that...

Another interesting thing he talked about, that might give some insight of what he could also be doing with Marvel, was his own interest in comic books and what was he into when he was younger.
What comics where you reading?
- My big ones where Batman. I was big into Detective Comics and Batman... I was into X-Men and New Mutants. Other comics i collected was Dark Horse...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"