The Dark Knight Rises Do you believe Batman Quit?

This is at the stage of agree to disagree, as it's only going to go around in circles and makes everyone giddy...

How famous is Bruce Wayne actually meant to be? He's famous in Gotham, but is he that well known the world over?

I don't think people will necessarily think he faked his death. It can always be argued that a body was discovered in all the carnage which Alfred or someone else mistakenly thought was Bruce's, and that was buried. However, later it turns out that he was in fact still alive.

I do think that Bruce did retire though and settled down to marry Selina. Is there any possibility that they aren't married at the end? She has his mother's pearls.

Do you believe in God?

Do you believe that the earth is flat?

Do you believe in global warming?

Do you believe in yourself?

Bruce retired to answer these questions. Give him a break.

Batman quitting? Of course not! What is this unfathomable foolishness!? Nolan straying from unwritten comic book laws? Why I never! It's like these aren't comic books or something! :o

He did quit, and it didn't sit right with me because I didn't believe Gotham was saved at the end of the film. His sacrifice in TDK made Gotham stable... for a few years, and it still turned to utter chaos at the drop of a hat. At the end of TDKR, it didn't seem as though Gotham was in a good place at all.

While I generally prefer my heroes to be endlessly fighting the good fight, I could have got behind Bruce retiring. I had to believe he had been successful before he choses himself over his mission though, and I didn't.

I don't think people will necessarily think he faked his death. It can always be argued that a body was discovered in all the carnage which Alfred or someone else mistakenly thought was Bruce's, and that was buried. However, later it turns out that he was in fact still alive.
Bruce isn't rushing to correct their error. IMO, him sitting by says he is happy with their pronouncement.

"Let me get this straight. You think that your client, one of the wealthiest, most powerful men in the world, is secretly a vigilante who spends his nights beating criminals to a pulp with his bare hands; and your plan, is to blackmail this person?"

Bruce has discovered some Italian potion which gives him eternal life.

You'd think faking the death of both your personas as well as giving your secret out to trusted friends and severing ties with your father-like figure would be enough to solidify retirement in people's "minds"

You'd think faking the death of both your personas as well as giving your secret out to trusted friends and severing ties with your father-like figure would be enough to solidify retirement in people's "minds"

No, it isn't the comics. What the hell do you know about this mythos?

Is there a "Is Bane Dead?" thread? It would make a nice companion piece to this one.

Bruce isn't rushing to correct their error. IMO, him sitting by says he is happy with their pronouncement.

"Let me get this straight. You think that your client, one of the wealthiest, most powerful men in the world, is secretly a vigilante who spends his nights beating criminals to a pulp with his bare hands; and your plan, is to blackmail this person?"

I think that a few people do that in real life. They don't fake their death as such, but if they are pronounced dead, they don't do anything to correct it, but see it as their chance to start a new life.

Also, after 7 years (at least in some countries) isn't there a presumption of death if no-one has heard or been in contact with them and there has been no activity of any sort from them?

He could always argue he lost his memory during all the riots after a head trauma (yes, somewhat unbelievable perhaps) and that's why he hasn't come forward.

I think what I don't like about this is lying about Dent and then doing another lie. I think it's something of a mistake in the narrative. But that's just me.

Of course it's a mistake in the narrative. All the guilt Gordon shows in the start of the film...now he has to keep the secret of who saved Gotham.

The two heroes of Gotham continuously lying to the people. What a great ending thought.

Of course it's a mistake in the narrative. All the guilt Gordon shows in the start of the film...now he has to keep the secret of who saved Gotham.

The two heroes of Gotham continuously lying to the people. What a great ending thought.

The biggest liar of them all is the worst director of all times, Nolan. "NOES! NO RUBIN IN MY MOVIEZ".

Worst.Trilogy.Ever.

His body clearly broke down in TDKR. He got himself back in shape, but Bruce just read the writing on the wall. Maybe he comes back to help in another capacity, but like Alfred said, there's nothing but pain for him in Gotham.

Gotham is safe, Batman is no longer needed. At least not his Batman.

Indeed.

It does'not matter if I believe Bruce Wayne quit or not. as long as Selina Kyle belives it(and lives with him happily), then everything will be fine

Last edited:
It does'not matter if I believe Bruce Wayne quit or not. as long as Selina Kyle belives it, then everything will be fine

You do know that The Dark Knight Returns To Quit Again is already in PP?

Why am I wrong when I see you're more on the lines of he retired rather than quit??????

Regardless if he quit or retired he became the symbol he wanted to be. My biggest problem with all of it is he never asked for his parents to be able to do so but it was rather Rachel, I never liked that complete 360 turn from BB to TDK. Where being with Rachel was enough for him to quit being Batman (I say quit because he wanted to stop being Batman while there were still criminals, Joker running around).

When I saw early pictures of the graveyard I thought we'd finally get that scene of Batman, mask off talking with his parents but yet they were again forgotten.

I have no problem with my favorite comic book character retiring into the sunset and finally being happy. Its what he needs and what he deserves right now.

No. I've read "The Dark Knight returns." :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"