The Dark Knight Rises Do you think Nolan's Batman ever got to be/will become the 'typical' Batman?

Rockbottom

Civilian
Reaction score
By this I mean the day to day Batman in the sense that we see the comics Batman or in TAS where he spends night after night for years just paroling and stopping random crime.

He seemed to be at that point at the start of TDK but I believe he had only been active for 6 months or so by that point he was still a rookie. Its only at the end of TDK he really seems to become capable (in terms of understanding criminals and how crime works) of being that every day Batman.

Im just thinking that this version seemed to become Batman then had to dive on Ras and the league, then he had a few months of being every day Batman before he ran into the Joker and after defeating him, he had to go on the run and seemingly retires, then get broken by Bane, and who knows if at the end of TDKR if Batman will still be active.

Not in this trilogy. The only ''break'' he ever got was between BB and TDK :oldrazz:

No, because he is not and was never meant to be that Batman.

I remember the virals from TDK had some crooks tied to a tree, compliments of "The Batman". So in a way, yes he did, but not for like years and years consistently.

He seemed to be at that point at the start of TDK

A drug dispute between the Scarecrow, the Chechen mob boss and their thugs (along with the fake batmen showing up) is not some random crime...

From what we've seen on film, Batman in this series works on taking out the big guys.

Last edited:
I'm with Caekzor. Nolan's Batman existed to root out what was killing Gotham mainly the corruption brought on by the LoS & the mob (along with the Joker of course). When that was all said & done, he let true justice take its course by having the police, judges, etc. do their work.

A drug dispute between the Scarecrow, the Chechen mob boss and their thugs (along with the fake batmen showing up) is not some random crime...

From what we've seen on film, Batman in this series works on taking out the big guys.
I was referring more to how the pretty criminals are talking about him and running scared. Also how Gordon leaves the Bat Signal on to remind them hes out there.

Yeah, this Batman is all about the big bad guys. He wasn't even that interested in the Joker at the beginning of TDK. "One man or the entire mob?" Obviously the Joker turned out to be the bigger threat, but when he found that out he focused all his attention on his antics. He's isn't out their stopping car thieves, and petty robbers as much as looking to kill the cancer eating Gotham alive. He wants the big fish, and goes after the guppies when he has a little time to spare.

If TDKR takes place 8 years after TDK... I still say that a Riddler-centered film needs to take place in between that time span and show Batman working behind-the-scenes (cause he's a hunted vigilante) and just doing detective work to help Gordon stop the Riddler...

more detective Batman please.

If TDKR takes place 8 years after TDK... I still say that a Riddler-centered film needs to take place in between that time span and show Batman working behind-the-scenes (cause he's a hunted vigilante) and just doing detective work to help Gordon stop the Riddler...

more detective Batman please.

Depending on how vague or matter of fact Nolan is about the "8 year gap" I'd love another Gotham Knights tie in.

But TDKR is coming out in nearly two months, and there has been no mention of another Gotham Knights type of tie in show, so I'm guessing we won't get that.

I think the way in which TDKR is plotted may not give much room for other adventures. We may see that timeframe explained away pretty well. Like if he was Batman for a certain time after TDK - that's something that could be expanded upon I guess. Then 'peace time' happened, and ever since he's been at Wayne Manor as a recluse. And that's where we pick up.

I think we need to see the film first to be sure. I don't think he ever "retires" from being Batman, personally. I think the references we see to Batman "coming back" in the trailers is referring to something that happens to him DURING The Dark Knight Rises that causes him to go out of commission for a while. But I don't think Bruce Wayne's not been Batman since The Dark Knight at the start of this film. That would be a little weird and changing the core of the Batman character in a really unprecedented way; much bigger than changing the Joker's origin or the design of the Batmobile, for instance.,

I should certainly hope not.

This is symptomatic of most superhero films. There's just not a whole lot of room to depict "patrol" and "routine." You gotta get to that main plot quickly, so it always seems like the hero is only ever stopping major, citywide disasters. You usually get a short scene or two, or maybe a montage in the first film.

Think about the two Iron Man movies. His stop in Gomera is really the only instance of heroics that isn't a direct response to a personal attack on Tony Stark or his interests. Tony's on the defense the whole time.

I think the Spider-Man movies did it best.

Wasn't he the 'typical' Batman at the start of TDK, I remember some criminals outside a car mentioning him and loooking intimidated. Also you had numerous people dressing up an pretending to be batman so it must of been somewhat typical for him to do night patrols.

Wasn't he the 'typical' Batman at the start of TDK, I remember some criminals outside a car mentioning him and loooking intimidated. Also you had numerous people dressing up an pretending to be batman so it must of been somewhat typical for him to do night patrols.
:up:

Remember, Bruce's parents were killed during a typical random mugging...

Why wouldn't Batman want to stop your everyday average crime when it was that exact type of scenerio that claimed his parents life?

Batman would stop any crime he came across IMO.

I think he was, in terms of nighttime patrols and dedication to his patrols. Just replace some of the commonplace freaks of the comics with thugs belonging to the gangs headed by the mobsters from the group therapy session in TDK.

Remember, Bruce's parents were killed during a typical random mugging...

Why wouldn't Batman want to stop your everyday average crime when it was that exact type of scenerio that claimed his parents life?

Batman would stop any crime he came across IMO.

Most definitely agree. Batman is an equal opportuntity butt-kicker. Random street thug or megalomanical madman wanting to destroy the human race matters not to the Batman. His mssion is not necessarily to punish evildoers, but to protect the innocent, whether it is one or many victims.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"