Do You Have Faith In James Gunn’s New DCU?

giphy.gif

Thank you.

Does a single human being think he is trying to launchpad a Metamorpho movie? It is so incredibly easy to see what Gunn is actually going with those characters if you look at Gunn's style of filmmaking and storytelling. It ain't Wonder Woman and Batman who are in the supporting cast of this movie, it is a bunch of B and C list dorks.

Gunn's CBMs have big casts. It is part of his style.

Metamorpho movie? No. Outsiders movie or show? Yes. Keep in mind he used The Suicide Squad to launch Peacemaker and now an Amanda Waller series.

Well, we already know that Viola Davis will be playing Amanda Waller again, so of those three that you mentioned, at least one is returning. May be a different take, but still Waller.
I think James Gunn made a mistake in recasting the same actors from the old DCEU i really dont understand how some say that James Gunn is going to restore or save DC if we havent seen anything from him yet i have my expectations low for the Gunn DC Era just in case i dont want to be disappointed

Since beginning his DCU was a completed mayhem

Now we know DCEU still exist, just Affleck was changed into Clooney. So new DCU must be a parallel universe running simultanely. How Waller and Peacemeaker from DCEU can be in new DCU :fuming::fuming:

After all the strong casting for Superman, Lois and now Supergirl, I'm much more optimistic than I was. Still feels like Gunn has taken on an insane amount of work and we'll have to see how he handles all of that, but at least the odds are getting better.

I have no problems with holdovers from the previous DCEU. I don’t really see a huge difference between that and Desmond Llewelyn being Q or Judi Dench being M in different Bond universes.

My bigger concern of the holdovers is simply that I’ve never liked Amanda Waller as a character.

And I suppose that while I enjoyed the Guardians films and found them fun enough, I haven’t seen Gunn ever make anything with the requisite sincerity and depth to make me think that he can handle Superman. So I am hopeful, but somewhat unconvinced right now.

And I suppose that while I enjoyed the Guardians films and found them fun enough, I haven’t seen Gunn ever make anything with the requisite sincerity and depth to make me think that he can handle Superman. So I am hopeful, but somewhat unconvinced right now.
Gunn wrote the screenplay for Zach Snyders Dawn of the Dead remake which i would say had sincerity and depth when it came to the characters, and that was an ensemble piece.

i have faith he'll make a great superman movie.

After all the strong casting for Superman, Lois and now Supergirl, I'm much more optimistic than I was. Still feels like Gunn has taken on an insane amount of work and we'll have to see how he handles all of that, but at least the odds are getting better.

My hype is high af right now ngl

At first i really didnt like him to recast everyone but after seeing how bad the 2023 films made on box office, i think is the best move to just start again from fresh with new actors and new everything

Each additional piece of news I learn about Gunn's "efforts" make me increasingly anticipate the day when it all goes up in flames, because he continues to make the wrong choice at every turn. Keeping his handpicked actors but recasting the rest? That won't confuse people at all. ANd did he miss the memo where a bunch of established franchises bombed last year? The Authority, really? He thinks because he is James Gunn that everything he does will work.

Superman Legacy or renamed just Superman (2025) will decide ultimately if I have faith in the DCU going forward then yes

Each additional piece of news I learn about Gunn's "efforts" make me increasingly anticipate the day when it all goes up in flames, because he continues to make the wrong choice at every turn. Keeping his handpicked actors but recasting the rest? That won't confuse people at all. ANd did he miss the memo where a bunch of established franchises bombed last year? The Authority, really? He thinks because he is James Gunn that everything he does will work.

Why would he get rid of people he's worked with though? Why are there rules to that? Nobody will pass on watching Superman or Waller or Peacemaker S2 because John Cena or Viola Davis or Steve Agee are keeping a job. I imagine it will all be very clear when the stuff actually comes out.

Why would established franchises bombing stop them from making stuff? Should they cancel everything they're making because of that? Why would that have any bearing on making The Authority anyway? Why do you think he believes that about himself? Because he's trying to go beyond just Batman and Superman?

I know I judge my interest in a movie by whether or not I think it’ll be profitable for a horrible faceless mega corporation and the ghouls who run it! Who gives a **** if The Authority is a risk. Risk is good! I’ve been vocally a major negative Nancy over this whole endeavour but the thing that’s great about it is Gunn’s focus on lesser known characters who are, almost universally, better characters than the DC A List.

The writing and directing and performances will certainly be terrible now guys. The suit clarifies it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"