Do you like it when major charecters are killed off?

Scott is only ASSUMED to be dead. Did we actually SEE him die?? He can easily be brought back.

Major characters can be killed off but the main thing that the writers have to do before that is have the audience emotionally connected with the character. Like Emilio in MI for example. Big name actor and right off the bat connected as the funny and likeable character and then bam he is died. Perfect way to do it.

arnie in t2 is probably one of the most meaningful deaths on film. completely plot driven, emotional and necessary.

but t3 comepletely undermines all of this and now makes it quite pointless.

thealiasman2000 said:
I didn't like when Jean died.

Why can she just control her Phoenix powers and use them for good, like in the comics?

Why is "Dark" Phoenix the only Phoenix?

And why the hell didn't Wolverine want to have sex with her? That was SO OPut of character.

Probably because he knew that Jean wasn't in her right mind & didn't want to take advantage of her. Maybe he viewed her as being dead & just wasn't into the necrophiliac thing.:D Think of it like Pet Semetary, when a good thing dies & is buried in the pet semetary they come back all wrong, what went into the lake in X-Men 2 was the Jean that Logan had come to love, but when she evolved or transformed into the Phoenix & came out of the lake, she might have looked like the same Jean & everything but came back all wrong, she was like a zombie possessed with a powerful entity, but did she truely die in X-2 or was she alive through the whole transformation into the Phoenix? I haven't seen the movie yet so I don't know how things played out.

Yes, characters should die in films. Not all films but every film having a "happily ever after" ending would be corny and boring.

When they do die, not all characters should go out in a blaze of glory or realize their potential. Unexpected deaths should happen sometimes. This is all at the discretion of the filmmakers, of course.

SPIDER-MAN-ROX said:
Probably because he knew that Jean wasn't in her right mind & didn't want to take advantage of her. Maybe he viewed her as being dead & just wasn't into the necrophiliac thing.:D Think of it like Pet Semetary, when a good thing dies & is buried in the pet semetary they come back all wrong, what went into the lake in X-Men 2 was the Jean that Logan had come to love, but when she evolved or transformed into the Phoenix & came out of the lake, she might have looked like the same Jean & everything but came back all wrong, she was like a zombie possessed with a powerful entity, but did she truely die in X-2 or was she alive through the whole transformation into the Phoenix? I haven't seen the movie yet so I don't know how things played out.

1-Jean only dies at the very end of X3.

2-Who gives a rat's ass wether she was in her right mind or not? Have you SEEN Famke Jannsen's ****? What, are you gay or something?

And this is WOLVERINE we are talking about. He's the last guy who would think twice about taking advantage of a sexual opportunity.

Odin's Lapdog said:
arnie in t2 is probably one of the most meaningful deaths on film. completely plot driven, emotional and necessary.

but t3 comepletely undermines all of this and now makes it quite pointless.
Yes, that corny ass thumbs up had me in tears. :o

I leaped for joy when I thought that punk kid in War of the Worlds "died".

****ing Spielberg. :mad:

thealiasman2000 said:
1-Jean only dies at the very end of X3.

2-Who gives a rat's ass wether she was in her right mind or not? Have you SEEN Famke Jannsen's ****? What, are you gay or something?

And this is WOLVERINE we are talking about. He's the last guy who would think twice about taking advantage of a sexual opportunity.

:( :down

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"