Do you like the Abominations new look?

Yeah, would it have been really so hard to at least give us something like Hulk Ultimate Destruction? He doesn't look 100% like comic Abomination either. But at least he doesn't look like ass.

the-incredible-hulk-ultimate-destruction-20050817000859157_640w.jpg

I would have gone for something like that yeah.

Here's a clearer look at the toy

dsc0203a7f2c90jn6.jpg

My god, its even worse clearer, Abomino indeed! I cant believe they think this **** will be better than the CB version.

Yeah, would it have been really so hard to at least give us something like Hulk Ultimate Destruction? He doesn't look 100% like comic Abomination either. But at least he doesn't look like ass.

Meh. That translated onto the screen would be worse then what we have now. The fancy sculpt is about the best I've seen, looks like the original, and looks menacing... Not too light green, yet still green, great texture, all around kick ass.

abomination14fb.jpg

Here's a clearer look at the toy

dsc0203a7f2c90jn6.jpg

Ok, let's please not let this awful little toy turd have any bearing on how we think the design looks! Lego's aren't the best indicator or quality, or representation of design...

Granted we get the basic idea of it, he apparently looks pretty menacing on screen.

Even though this isn't a 100% likeness, it is easily recognizable as Abomination. That's the problem with the movie version (from what we've seen anyway), it doesn't even remotely look like the comic character. If I didn't read that the toy picture was the movie Abom, I would have had no idea. I'm starting to get concerned, but I'll stay optimistic.

The people behind these types of films need to read this over and over again until it sinks in their brains. Along with other minutae and such, it is a critical element that the so called "people who know better" fail to get right time and time again. Eventually leading to the producers of such films to fallback on "old reliable"; god forsaken "realism" in comicbook movies.

IT'S DAMN FANTASY! STOP TRYING TO TAKE IT OUT THE WORLD FOR WHICH IT WAS INTENDED!! THE MATERIAL IS SO MUCH MORE ENJOYABLE WHEN THIS HAPPENS AND YOU GET THE FEELING THAT THE PEOPLE MAKING THE FILM IS MORE THAN FAMILIAR WITH THE MATERIAL!!

It irks me endlessly to see such small thinking with these films. The lack of creativity, imagination and vision is simply stunning--I don't get it; is there a lack of directors capable of handling such films or something? There are millions of readers who grew up on this stuff. There has to be more than a few directors who were readers themselves and actuall know, understand and have the creativity to bring the material to the big screeen as intended, plus/minus the usual changes or two.

Argghhh!!

Nice!!! And I thought I was passionate. :cwink: FANTASY in this genre is a favorite word of mine along with IMAGINATION.

I saw this pic and thought i'd post it. It's a megablok of Abomination...and he looks far darker and greenish than the original figure we saw from the other figure.

abomin.jpg

Think of it what you will. :yay:

I think i'm going to be sick.

Meh... I don't mind it.

Then again, it's not like I'm a huge Hulk aficionado.

Just take comfort in the fact the script is very engaging, the action sequences are going to rock, and the acting is going to be pretty damn good as well as the effects.
I'd dwell on it myself, but we haven't seen a trailer yet, and things aren't going to change at this point anyways.

Nice!!! And I thought I was passionate. :cwink: FANTASY in this genre is a favorite word of mine along with IMAGINATION.

Considering how obscenely popular fantasy films are and the ridiculous amounts of money they make when done extremely well, you'd think H-wood with get a clue as to the best approach for these films.

I would have gone for something like that yeah.

My god, its even worse clearer, Abomino indeed! I cant believe they think this **** will be better than the CB version.

Now I know why he looks so familiar!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghoul_(Ultraverse)

Ghoul from Ultraforce and also the alternate version of The Hulk in Ultraforce/Avengers (the one George Perez drew) where that hulk was a mix between Hulk and Ghoul.

I hope the movie is so good that it doesnt matter what Abomnation looks like. (sometimes change can work out)

Nothing big but I thought I'd share it with you guys.

hulkcd1.png

i love that Hulk... just so ... awesome.

Eb, did Abomination look... Gooey?
Did he have any ears at all?
Is this really the best CGI you've seen?
How naked is he?
Is he the same size as Hulk?
Are the movements fluid and natural looking.
Are the toys basically what he looks like?

Damn...Just Damn. Imagine that thing in a fully blown CGI, classic Hulk style slugfest with the Hulk on the big screen.

Just Damn.

Chalk up another wasted opportunity.....as another Marvel character is wasted.

When asked about ears EB said in another thread he does have small ears but didn't specify if they were pointy. I'd also like to know about size, both height and muscle wise, about the colour of him and how realistic the cgi looked :yay: .

Ok, let's please not let this awful little toy turd have any bearing on how we think the design looks! Lego's aren't the best indicator or quality, or representation of design...

Granted we get the basic idea of it, he apparently looks pretty menacing on screen.

THERE is the sound reasoning we all should be listening to. We need to relax and give them the benefit of the doubt at this stage. Whining over Lego Mega Blocks? Really?

And if we don't like him, we can rest assured that he will get a tremendous beating in the movie!

Considering how obscenely popular fantasy films are and the ridiculous amounts of money they make when done extremely well, you'd think H-wood with get a clue as to the best approach for these films.

I agree, and especially when it comes to comic book films, it's like they get stuck on stupid.

I think there's something else people should consider Hulk Red spoiler
Emil Blonksy, the Abombination is dead, killed by the red hulk. However there is talk of Emil somehow returning in the comics near to the movies release with a new look, could be a look to go with the movie version
at the minute it's just hear'say though.

I hope the movie is so good that it doesnt matter what Abomnation looks like. (sometimes change can work out)

My hopes as well. I really believe that Hulk being the icon that he is, along with the action scenes that Leterierre has the ability to shoot, along with Norton's strong acting credibility, the movie has all the workings of a smash hit. Once word gets out that this is a new start for Hulk ala Batman Begins, people will come out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"