Message to those who didn't like The Hulk.

weezerspider said:
First one sucked, but it sounds like they realized they screwed Hulk over in the first, so I'll see it regardless of the trailer. Hulk's character has a lot of potential on the big screen, but we don't need another one of Ang Lee's screw action, screw the comic character version. But hey I can't blame Ang, he was just too busy thinking about gay cowboys.
Grow up...and keep your homophobia crudity at home...it's not needed or wanted here.

weezerspider said:
First one sucked, but it sounds like they realized they screwed Hulk over in the first, so I'll see it regardless of the trailer. Hulk's character has a lot of potential on the big screen, but we don't need another one of Ang Lee's screw action, screw the comic character version. But hey I can't blame Ang, he was just too busy thinking about gay cowboys.

Lee wnet overboard in some places but he didn't screw up. I'd much rather see an operatic Hulk than the mindless storylines of the old TV series.

farmerfran said:
they are aimed towards action, not so much character development.

This is something I'm not too happy about, one of the things I liked about the first film was the character development. I don't want 2 hours of Hulk smashing stuff up, although I do want to see him smash stuff.

ChibiKiriyama said:
What a concise award-winning low blow. So you admit that even if the trailer is horrid you'll still go and watch it just to see your version of the Hulk realized? Congrats. Now re-watch the film and realize there's more to moviemaking than the Stealth or X3 approach.

First of all, I said regardless of the trailer. That means I don't care about the trailer, because I can never tell if a movie is going to be good by a trailer. The first Hulk looked pretty good from the trailer,how wrong I was. A movie can have an amazing trailer and suck or a sucky trailer and rule. Second, X3 had very little action, it had 2 fights, and I never saw Stealth cause thats the stupidest idea before "Snakes on a Plane", wtf? I actually watched Hulk last nigh and guess what? It sucked worst than BATMAN AND ROBIN! Comic book movies aren't drama movies. Not to mention Ang Lee sucks, Bana can't act his way outta paper bag and what's her face is pretty sucky herself. I normally don't rant and rave about this movie cause I know theres people who liked it and I get pissed when people come over to the Spiderman forums and talk about how those movies suck, but you asked for it, so I gave it to you. One last thing, " My hulk" is the comic hulk, Ang Lee's brokeback hulk had little to do with the comic chracter and was a drag.

C. Lee said:
Grow up...and keep your homophobia crudity at home...it's not needed or wanted here.

how was that homophopic? I was just making fun of Ang Lee. I wasn't saying he was gay or anything like that, but if someone finds it offensive, then I'm sorry.

weezerspider said:
First of all, I said regardless of the trailer. That means I don't care about the trailer, because I can never tell if a movie is going to be good by a trailer. The first Hulk looked pretty good from the trailer,how wrong I was. A movie can have an amazing trailer and suck or a sucky trailer and rule. Second, X3 had very little action, it had 2 fights, and I never saw Stealth cause thats the stupidest idea before "Snakes on a Plane", wtf? I actually watched Hulk last nigh and guess what? It sucked worst than BATMAN AND ROBIN! Comic book movies aren't drama movies. Not to mention Ang Lee sucks, Bana can't act his way outta paper bag and what's her face is pretty sucky herself. I normally don't rant and rave about this movie cause I know theres people who liked it and I get pissed when people come over to the Spiderman forums and talk about how those movies suck, but you asked for it, so I gave it to you. One last thing, " My hulk" is the comic hulk, Ang Lee's brokeback hulk had little to do with the comic chracter and was a drag.

You're comparing a dramatic movie to Batman and Robin, a film where the acting is no place on-par and the scriptwork makes a pun for every villain's affinity? That's a laugh. It is a dramatic film, because the source material is dramatic.

And I have no idea why you and others like you are complaining there wasn't enough action. We see the Hulk demolish a lab effortlessly, destroy a gamma-dispensing device bigger than a human like a beach volleyball, mutate to astounding new levels of musculature, destroy half a house unintentionally, stop 3 gamma-irradiated dogs after a long and gruesome fight by mutating beyond the realm of reality yet again, deflect a grenade with his bare skin, leap miles at a time, move so fast he becomes a blur, outrun Black Hawks, stop Hellfire missiles in mid-air with a motion of his hand, take down a helicopter in a single leap, take a shot from a tank in stride, survive a landslide of mountainous proportions, survive a trip beyond the Earth's immeadiate atmosphere, avoid depth charges, break through bedrock, take a lightning bolt head-on, fight with a creature of living energy, survive an impact into the ground, rip the face of a plateau off, fight a creature of living water and prevail through all of it.

And that still isn't enough action? :confused: Face it- you got the comic book Hulk. Just because he doesn't spout silly one-liners every time doesn't mean he's anything less. You just wanted more action, and with the budget he was working on Ang did what he could to make this an action-packed film while still having enduring dramatic themes. Now can we stop referencing another film when making feeble attempts to insult this movie?

ChibiKiriyama said:
You're comparing a dramatic movie to Batman and Robin, a film where the acting is no place on-par and the scriptwork makes a pun for every villain's affinity? That's a laugh. It is a dramatic film, because the source material is dramatic.

And I have no idea why you and others like you are complaining there wasn't enough action. We see the Hulk demolish a lab effortlessly, destroy a gamma-dispensing device bigger than a human like a beach volleyball, mutate to astounding new levels of musculature, destroy half a house unintentionally, stop 3 gamma-irradiated dogs after a long and gruesome fight by mutating beyond the realm of reality yet again, deflect a grenade with his bare skin, leap miles at a time, move so fast he becomes a blur, outrun Black Hawks, stop Hellfire missiles in mid-air with a motion of his hand, take down a helicopter in a single leap, take a shot from a tank in stride, survive a landslide of mountainous proportions, survive a trip beyond the Earth's immeadiate atmosphere, avoid depth charges, break through bedrock, take a lightning bolt head-on, fight with a creature of living energy, survive an impact into the ground, rip the face of a plateau off, fight a creature of living water and prevail through all of it.

And that still isn't enough action? :confused: Face it- you got the comic book Hulk. Just because he doesn't spout silly one-liners every time doesn't mean he's anything less. You just wanted more action, and with the budget he was working on Ang did what he could to make this an action-packed film while still having enduring dramatic themes. Now can we stop referencing another film when making feeble attempts to insult this movie?
They both sucked, but B&R was better because it wasn't as draggy. I wouldn't watch either on my spare time, I just decided to watch the Hulk again since everyone says watch it again and you will like it. It didn't happen. I have no shame in "having the comic book Hulk". I want the comic Hulk. As for the action, Him destroying the lab isn't a real fight, so I found it like " cool, he shows his strength, use it against the Army". As for the dogs, That was an ok fight, but it was pretty stupid. Gamma Dogs? Still 1,0000 times better than other movies ideas, *cough* Snakes on a plane and a plane out to destroy the world* Cough*. The Army scene was incredible, I never said it wasn't. The last fight scene was poorly done, it could of been better, but maybe I just hated that his dad was Absorbing Man. Oh and on the feeble attempt to insult this movie comment, face it the movie did terrible at the box office and the portion of people on these boards are the only one's I know that liked it. Plus this topic was for people who didn't like the movie, so I was just saying why I didn't like it and why I was going to see the 2nd one. I never intended on anyone to get pisssed. Especially in a topic about people who DIDN'T like it. Anyways, I never said it wasn't my opinion, so if you don't like it, ok, I'm fine with that. I'm just not fine with you telling me to re watch a movie I have tried to watch over again and calling my opinion on seeing a movie regardless of a trailer a low-blow.

weezerspider said:
They both sucked, but B&R was better because it wasn't as draggy. I wouldn't watch either on my spare time, I just decided to watch the Hulk again since everyone says watch it again and you will like it. It didn't happen. I have no shame in "having the comic book Hulk". I want the comic Hulk. As for the action, Him destroying the lab isn't a real fight, so I found it like " cool, he shows his strength, use it against the Army". As for the dogs, That was an ok fight, but it was pretty stupid. Gamma Dogs? Still 1,0000 times better than other movies ideas, *cough* Snakes on a plane and a plane out to destroy the world* Cough*. The Army scene was incredible, I never said it wasn't. The last fight scene was poorly done, it could of been better, but maybe I just hated that his dad was Absorbing Man. Oh and on the feeble attempt to insult this movie comment, face it the movie did terrible at the box office and the portion of people on these boards are the only one's I know that liked it. Plus this topic was for people who didn't like the movie, so I was just saying why I didn't like it and why I was going to see the 2nd one. I never intended on anyone to get pisssed. Especially in a topic about people who DIDN'T like it. Anyways, I never said it wasn't my opinion, so if you don't like it, ok, I'm fine with that. I'm just not fine with you telling me to re watch a movie I have tried to watch over again and calling my opinion on seeing a movie regardless of a trailer a low-blow.

Ang has not tried to make films that do well at the box office. He has tried to make enduring films that are worth watching decades from now. From what I've seen you're making the complaint based on public opinion and box office results, which is not what he was shooting for. And from what I can read in your reply it sounds like you actually liked the film alot more than you're letting onto. I only said for you to re-watch the film itself and compare it to other action flicks that have the expectations for dramatic quality already low. Honestly, X3 and Stealth had a lot more action devoted to it, but had we seen the "HULK SMASH!" version you speak of it would have followed the same direction. In time we will wonder what happened to those films, along with 'Snakes on a Plane' and other films that are hyped up only to be revealed for what they really are- crass attempts to exploit the audience's attention.

I'm not saying your opinion 'sucks' or anything as childish as that. I'm just saying that complaints that are made on this film (along with yours) deal with action, which it had plenty of, and are positive still even for being classified as 'complaints'.

ChibiKiriyama said:
I'm not saying your opinion 'sucks' or anything as childish as that. I'm just saying that complaints that are made on this film (along with yours) deal with action, which it had plenty of, and are positive still even for being classified as 'complaints'.

That's all I really wanted, cause I don't think your opinion "Sucks" either, I was just a little annoyed that you told me to re-watch it and the Trailer low-bow comment.:)

Are you going to see the new movie?

I say give it a chance. Unless the trailers look like pure crap then I wouldn't blame you.

I'll see it. I liked the first one but it had its problems.

You guys with me?

I will always give Hulk movies a chance as long as Ang Lee isn't part of it. Ange Lee's had so much potential, but it was wasted on trash. I am really expecting and hoping that the next movie will have something great to offer. So yes, I will definitely go see it. No doubt.

i hated the first but i will give this a chance if i see good reviews and the rotten tomato meter is over 70% i'll watch it in theaters but if not i'll watch it on dvd from blockbuster.

weezerspider said:

Ang was not thinking of you. The ego!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"