Do you still consider the TV shows canon?

Ant-Man had a history with the Avengers. No one else TV side outside of Coulson did. So an argument could be made for them, but there is also a possibility many of them were snapped. We don't know. So again, I think the argument is total BS.

sooooooooo heroes who help people won’t seek out the avengers when a pandemic is happening? No agents? Nobody sought out other people to help like they did with civil war? Tony stark went after peter , a 15 yr old kid who was only doing this for a yr to hunt down captain America . But when the entire world gets snapped, the avengers don’t seek help from the tv characters who were active longer and were more experienced than Spider-Man at the time. Come on man lol. Ain’t no bs buddy it’s all facts. Netflix marvel is like a pocket universe and fiege seems to want to forget about it.

also even if they were snapped they would of shown up to the fight cause they should of been aware of active heroes but nope.

Last edited:
Agents of shield and the Runaways were never snapped out of existence, nor were anyone else in their world. Everything continued as before.

sooooooooo heroes who help people won’t seek out the avengers when a pandemic is happening? No agents? Nobody sought out other people to help like they did with civil war? Tony stark went after peter , a 15 yr old kid who was only doing this for a yr to hunt down captain America . But when the entire world gets snapped, the avengers don’t seek help from the tv characters who were active longer and were more experienced than Spider-Man at the time. Come on man lol. Ain’t no bs buddy it’s all facts. Netflix marvel is like a pocket universe and fiege seems to want to forget about it.

also even if they were snapped they would of shown up to the fight cause they should of been aware of active heroes but nope.

Not everyone in the world showed up to the fight. You didn't see random dudes who got snap showing up to the fight. It was just MCU movie based people we knew. So it's absolutely foolish to assume random Heroes that never met any of the Avengers and for all we know the movie ones that we follow we're unaware of existing would show up to this fight. Whenever I see people try to make these arguments to me, it just comes off as fanboy whining to me because they did not get what they wanted. That's just how I see it.

I don't really consider them canon. I suppose Agent Carter, but, besides that, not really. TBH, I don't really think that much about it. I watch a Marvel show and like it or I don't. I leave it at that.

Not everyone in the world showed up to the fight. You didn't see random dudes who got snap showing up to the fight. It was just MCU movie based people we knew. So it's absolutely foolish to assume random Heroes that never met any of the Avengers and for all we know the movie ones that we follow we're unaware of existing would show up to this fight. Whenever I see people try to make these arguments to me, it just comes off as fanboy whining to me because they did not get what they wanted. That's just how I see it.

do I seem like I’m whiny to you? I could care less about the outcome . The thread is about if the characters from Netflix show are cannon and that’s what we are discussing. I don’t know where your getting that.

and the avengers were unaware of Howard the freaking duck but he showed up. Also we are talking about heroes being aware Of other heroes in the Netflix series. So again if spiderman caught the attention of the avengers then why didn’t the others? They were active and stopped works ending threats. Sooooooo nobody mentions them or recruits them at all? No agents of shield guys survived the snap? Lol yea like I said it’s a pocket universe that fiege will probably disown.

but hey if I’m wrong I’m wrong. But right now it feels out of place .

Spider-Man is significantly more powerful than any Defender. They're also fairly damaged loners. I can see why they were never recruited easily. Again, I just think of the they don't count argument as people are mad they never showed up in a movie, so they rebel and yell and scream, etc. I just don't think the argument has any real basis in logic.

Spider-Man is significantly more powerful than any Defender. They're also fairly damaged loners. I can see why they were never recruited easily. Again, I just think of the they don't count argument as people are mad they never showed up in a movie, so they rebel and yell and scream, etc. I just don't think the argument has any real basis in logic.
Yea maybe to you and honestly I have no idea why you would think that at all. Nobody here is doing that, we are thinking of actual facts and logic within the universe and how it all connects. Soooo I don’t know where your getting this idea from. Like honestly no one is yelling ...... at all

Spider-Man is powerful but so is Luke cage, Jessica Jones and Danny rand. As I said they are more experienced to. Daredevil especially and he took down a major New York kingpin. Spider-Man stopped a bus. Come on now. Atleast one of them should of been on the avengers radar or mentioned lol

Saying a character wasn't somewhere isn't a factual argument. Them not being present at the event is a fact, but the conclusion that it's because they are not in that universe is not a fact. That's called speculation. Until such time as a reboot happens, which to date has not happened. So until such time, it just feels like fan bitterness to me.

Saying a character wasn't somewhere isn't a factual argument. Them not being present at the event is a fact, but the conclusion that it's because they are not in that universe is not a fact. That's called speculation. Until such time as a reboot happens, which to date has not happened. So until such time, it just feels like fan bitterness to me.
How is it fan bitterness? Nobody in this thread is bitter we are putting pieces together and seeing what makes sense.

how does the argument not make sense to you? Certain characters are established in the Netflix verse but don’t show up during huge events that take place in there world. That’s why it feels disconnected and apart of another pocket universe which is not even a bad thing. I honestly don’t care if it’s rebooted or not. I liked daredevil but it didn’t feel connected to the mcu nor did the others. I don’t know where your getting that fans are raging about this. Everyone here is just speculating

The Defenders, Agents of Shield, Runaways, and Cloak & Dagger all had more pressing matters than fighting Thanos and his army on the ruins of the Avengers compound?
Well yes,If Bucky's rifle and Wakandan small arms worked against the Thanos troops then a Marine platoon would have done more that the Defenders, besides Luke Cage who could take a hit. before brawling hand to hand. In fact his former Marine skills would probably do more than a prison MMA fighter with super strength. As for the other children one child soldier in the fight was enough and they would have had to be well known enough for Wong to send a deputy sorcerer to round up with little time on the clock.

How would they have gotten there? Nothing in the story indicates the Doctor Strange is aware of them. Which once again, doesn't bother me. I have not met or am aware of everybody on this planet either.

Upstate New York takes some time to get to. You ever been in New York traffic?

Same way everyone else got there.

Until Marvel says otherwise, I'll consider them canon. I wouldn't mind them saying Agents of SHIELD through the first five seasons, though.

How is it fan bitterness? Nobody in this thread is bitter we are putting pieces together and seeing what makes sense.

I thought I was clear here, but to reiterate what I basically see is people are disappointed and angry they never saw the TV characters from Netflix and such pop up in a movie, and that disappointment evolves into denial and rejection. So people don't except them as cannon because they never got their favorite toy when they wanted it. But, like I said in another post, absence is not proof. They just simply weren't there. It can be for 100 reasons within the logic of Marvel.

I thought I was clear here, but to reiterate what I basically see is people are disappointed and angry they never saw the TV characters from Netflix and such pop up in a movie, and that disappointment evolves into denial and rejection. So people don't except them as cannon because they never got their favorite toy when they wanted it. But, like I said in another post, absence is not proof. They just simply weren't there. It can be for 100 reasons within the logic of Marvel.

There was initial disappointment on my part that after screaming for years that Marvel TV and movies were all connected, they were in actuality in distinct continuities. But that disappointment is loooooong gone.

At this point we are just having a logical argument about whether or not Marvel TV characters are a part of the same reality as the cinematic MCU. And if it wasn't crystal clear that this is not the case, it was made so when the TV characters were all missing during the final battle for earth.

Wong, Strange and his army of Wizards had the ability to transport anyone from anywhere in the galaxy to the frontline. All of the Marvel TV heroes could have contributed something to the fight, and their existence was known to the general public. And it was certainly known to a crew of wizards. The only logical reason to explain their not being there was that they didn't exist in that reality.

I know the Russo's said they would have liked to include the Netflix characters but couldn't because of "scheduling" but I'm sure freakin' Finn Jones would have walked to Atlanta or wherever to film a scene as Iron Fist in Avengers: Endgame.

Part of me thinks that was just a "fan" answer and the truth is Feige didn't want to use the characters for a meaningless cameo when there's a chance they can do something with their own version of the character later on down the line.

There was initial disappointment on my part that after screaming for years that Marvel TV and movies were all connected, they were in actuality in distinct continuities. But that disappointment is loooooong gone.

At this point we are just having a logical argument about whether or not Marvel TV characters are a part of the same reality as the cinematic MCU. And if it wasn't crystal clear that this is not the case, it was made so when the TV characters were all missing during the final battle for earth.

Wong, Strange and his army of Wizards had the ability to transport anyone from anywhere in the galaxy to the frontline. All of the Marvel TV heroes could have contributed something to the fight, and their existence was known to the general public. And it was certainly known to a crew of wizards. The only logical reason to explain their not being there was that they didn't exist in that reality.

Again, them not being there means nothing to me. Y'all can do you, of course. But I don't think the only logical conclusion is they don't exist. Daredevil existed in Marvel Comics during Secret Wars in the 80s. He could have contributed to the story if he was in it. But he wasn't in it, yet still exists in Marvel. There's plenty of logical reasons they were not there.

As much as I love Daredevil and some of the Netflix characters, I never considered them canon. But I hope Marvel finds a way to bring some of them ( not you Iron Fist and Luke Cage, we deserve a recast) into the MCU.

ok cool but that’s not going on here at all. We are discussing if it’s canon or not which is most likely not. We are discussing the logic behind them not showing up and I gave you plenty of points on why that is soooooo. It’s not a base less argument it’s a pretty sound one. There is no reason why they didn’t cameo or make an appearance. Especially with the accord thing active. Even comic daredevil was affected by that. So yea.

As much as I love Daredevil and some of the Netflix characters, I never considered them canon. But I hope Marvel finds a way to bring some of them ( not you Iron Fist and Luke Cage, we deserve a recast) into the MCU.
Luke Cage is one I'd really like to see jump to the big screen. He's been an Avenger and his power set would fit and make sense the most.

ok cool but that’s not going on here at all. We are discussing if it’s canon or not which is most likely not. We are discussing the logic behind them not showing up and I gave you plenty of points on why that is soooooo. It’s not a base less argument it’s a pretty sound one. There is no reason why they didn’t cameo or make an appearance. Especially with the accord thing active. Even comic daredevil was affected by that. So yea.

Once again, I just don't agree with this notion. There are plenty of in universe reasons that make sense. This is a baseless argument to me rooted in disappointment. Again, y'all do you. People are free to disagree, but I call them as I see them.

Short of an actual reboot being done, my view on this won't change. But I know if we get say Charlie Cox is a movie, people well try and act like it's a different Daredevil.

Luke Cage is one I'd really like to see jump to the big screen. He's been an Avenger and his power set would fit and make sense the most.
Don't get me wrong, I love the character, I just want them to recast.

One can always make an argument for why they didn't show up in the final battle, whether that's plausible or not. But the main thing that sticks out like a sore thumb is that Agents of SHIELD and Runaways don't experience any kind of post-Snap world where everyone is still trying to pick up the pieces or there is any kind of huge economic downturn or Great Depression.

Agents of SHIELD never referenced any kind of Snap in their 6th season whatsoever and the world they encountered didn't seem to be remotely affected by it. Yes, I can understand people might not talk about it all the time, but such a huge event like half the world's population dying would at least surface once in a conversation and would weigh heavily on people's minds. Even these other events like the fall of SHIELD (from Winter Soldier) was heavily referenced.

And three years after the Runaways defeat Morgan Le Fay, they're all going about their business living happily, attending school, doing everyday things etc that one would normally do in a non-Snap world. Again there's no reference to the Snap or how it has affected their lives.

I would've found it fascinating for AOS to explore a post-Snap world and how everyone struggled to cope with it. But that ship has already sailed.

Last edited:
I still consider them canon. Until I'm told they're not I'll continue to watch them as if they are(currently having an MCU marathon). As far as Season 6 of AOS, I just imagine that with their time shenanigans they're now in a different timeline, one that wasn't effected by Thanos.

As for Endgame, Dr.Strange saw 14,000,605 outcomes. Maybe some of them did include different heroes(something we could see in the D+ series What If?). I think the plausible explanation is that Dr. Strange saw everyone that was at that battle and helped bring them there.

I don't think these Netflix heroes are going away. There's plenty of things that can be explained in the future that make both sides happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"