Do you still consider the TV shows canon?

There's no reason that all of these haven't been considered "canon" from the get-go.

I am currently on Punisher Season 1 rewatch (having gone through Daredevil S1 & S2, and then The Defenders). The way The Hand was handled/presented was the only area of "messiness" from the Netflix batch of shows but, from my rewatch, there is no dialogue/plot point that negates anything from the MCU-proper. Now, you may not enjoy the stories that've been told thus far with Danny Rand, but it's all salvageable.

Daredevil S3 ends with Kingpin recaptured, so we'll need to see what transpired between then & Hawkeye that facilitated his release. My assumption is that it'll be lumped into something involving The Blip.

There's no reason that all of these haven't been considered "canon" from the get-go.

I am currently on Punisher Season 1 rewatch (having gone through Daredevil S1 & S2, and then The Defenders). The way The Hand was handled/presented was the only area of "messiness" from the Netflix batch of shows but, from my rewatch, there is no dialogue/plot point that negates anything from the MCU-proper. Now, you may not enjoy the stories that've been told thus far with Danny Rand, but it's all salvageable.

Daredevil S3 ends with Kingpin recaptured, so we'll need to see what transpired between then & Hawkeye that facilitated his release. My assumption is that it'll be lumped into something involving The Blip.
As bad as Iron Fist was, it's leagues better than Secret Invasion.

Slightly off topic but also kind of related. I was just watching a youtube video made by A bit of Everything where he was breaking down Daredevil's timeline of events in the original show. In it he pointed out a recent change to season 2 episode 5. Originally at the start it had a title card that said 10 years ago to show a flashback of when Matt first meets Elektra. Apparently the placement of that flashback didn't jive with the other flashbacks with Matt and Foggy in law school. Well now it seems that when Daredevil was uploaded to Disney+ (or sometime recently, it's not exactly clear when this happened) that 10 years ago title card has now been completely removed from the episode, making when this Elektra flashback took place more ambigiuous.

Obviously this is something really minor (especially in comparision to the 8 years later goof in Homecoming), but it's kind of interesting Marvel would take the time go back and edit that out of the episode. I can't see it being done solely to clear things up with the timeline, especially since there are more egregious timeline flubs that haven't been fixed and this one seemingly flew under the radar for most people. I also don't see Marvel doing this if the show wasn't considered canon either (but again, that's been put to rest at this point). The only reason why I could see them doing this is because it might factor in Born Again in some way, even if it's minor.

Last edited:
This is a update on what john campea was talking about in some past recent videos.
Marvel Studios is NOT Making Daredevil & Marvel TV Canon as a Whole

This is a update on what john campea was talking about in some past recent videos.
Marvel Studios is NOT Making Daredevil & Marvel TV Canon as a Whole

I am not watching this video. It's canon. They may do some stuff like they did in Ragnarok when Hela called Odin's Gauntlet fake. But it's canon. Man just has to stop and deal with the fact he ended up being wrong

I am not watching this video. It's canon. They may do some stuff like they did in Ragnarok when Hela called Odin's Gauntlet fake. But it's canon. Man just has to stop and deal with the fact he ended up being wrong
Reminds me of the whole debacle with Gal Gadot. Dude was so adamant she wasn't going to be Wonder Woman and couldn't live it down.

If something didn't work in the Netflix shows, they will either fix it or ignore it.

Last edited:
Reminds me of the whole debacle with Gal Gadot. Dude was so adamant she wasn't going to be Wonder Woman and couldn't live it down.

If something didn't work in the Netflix shows, they will either fix it or ignore it.
Precisely. Just like they have done with the movies when there was a retcon they needed to make. They will just hand wave it and do whatever they want.

The true is they didnt finally make Netflix's Series Canon, but they did it at the beginning, then considered it otherwise, to finally went back as initially

So back to beginning !! At first netflix shows really set in mcu 616 in producers' thoughts, sharing same continuity with movies!
But since phase four and multiverse Feige seemly didnt consider shows as canon and DD Born Again was meant to be reboot to be set in mcu616, instead Netflix which being ignored . (netflix shows' situation being unrevealed)
Now netflix shows are newly considered again as part of same continuity with movies and disney shows!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"