Do you think DC's approach is a mess compared to Marvel?

chiefchirpa

Haaa-rooooooo
Reaction score
Marvel: Focusing first on solo movies for core Avengers member, then if all goes well create the Avengers movie (hope Zak Penn is bored waiting and off the project). Plus, the solo movies don't need to be about member of the Avengers!

DC: Delay/put less focus on solo movies as they think JLA is a launchpad for 3-5 of the lesser characters.

So what approach do you think is better? I find Marvel to be better because the way they're doing is respecting the solo characters that form the superhero team.

I don't care. I just want to see the Avengers on screen.

Personally I prefer the DC films cause well they are of better quality. Marvel puts out a lot more than DC, but a majority end up sucking. I´d like to see more from DC, but if it takes that long to make better quality films than I´m all for it

Nice av Bauer, I just watched that movie the other night. Anyway, besides, Marvel put out the X-Men movies. The first two did really well. So did the third, but fanboys say they hate it. I think Marvel has shown they can do a team movie. They don't have to flesh out the solo characters in their own movies first. Wolverine and Magneto movies will come after X-Men. I think if the original story is good, the screenplay is good, the director and actors good, and the studios willing to not admit they know everything, then that will determine the quality of the film.

Marvel by far. Rushing Justice League out the way DC is smacks of desperation, imo....

Marvel by far. Rushing Justice League out the way DC is smacks of desperation, imo....
Absolutely.

The beauty of a JLA or Avengers project is the synergy created by having these hereos who are capable of standing alone and then bringing them together. Just throwing everyone together from the jump (and distancing Bats and Supes from the recent incarnations that the public is familiar with) is just backwards. The format that's being used to shape Avengers is the way to go.

I don't think and Avengers movie will do much of anything if the solos don't really cash in... I really don't see any of this characters having any sustained Box office effect. If IM does more than 200 mil I'd be shocked... and the Hulk? Well that is probably 150 million or something... that isn't a great profit. And if Avengers ends up featuring a bunch of recasted heroes then it will really suck hard.

I like WB's take on the superhero genre. I know catwoman was a mess. but ateast WB tries to put out quality movies nowadays.

Marvel's approach is the way to go.

DC is rushing Justice League out the door because they are too lazy to make solo Flash, Green Lantern, and Wonder Woman movies.

I honestly dont think a Flash, Wonder Woman , and GL movie would work. Not this late in the game anyways.

Yes. They wouldn't work cause they don't have Bat or Super in the title. :rolleyes:

They wouldn't. The same way Thor and Ant Man won't work. At least, I don't see any making much money.

I prefer DCs way. JL will garner interest in the lesser known characters. If Ant Man and Thor fail (or Iron-Man and Hulk for that matter) we can all kiss The Avengers goodbye.

But if they do work, well you can imagine the budget, epecially with A-listers like Downey and Norton in the cast.

Downey and Norton are far from A-Listers. They aren't gonna send the budget for The Avengers sky high.

Almost every Marvel film has been number 1 the weekend of it's release. Some of them have had shoddy quality sure, but people seem to be interested in mostly everything with the Marvel stamp on it nowadays. Ghost Rider isn't exactly a huge Marvel properity and it's done fairly well for itself I'd say.

Antman and Thor can and will work. Much like Wonder Woman, Flash, and Green Lantern could work, just DC is too lazy to get off their ass and make them work, so they just stuck them as members of the Justice League.

They wouldn't. The same way Thor and Ant Man won't work. At least, I don't see any making much money.

I prefer DCs way. JL will garner interest in the lesser known characters. If Ant Man and Thor fail (or Iron-Man and Hulk for that matter) we can all kiss The Avengers goodbye.

But if they do work, well you can imagine the budget, epecially with A-listers like Downey and Norton in the cast.

You're on crack buddy.Thor has been around long before comics were created.If comic fans aren't watching this,I fully expect college professors,mythology buffs,fantasy fans and the like to drop a couple dollars to see the God of Thunder on the big screen.

I can agree with you on the Ant Man thing though.

Ant Man may not work, I'll admit, but with the right advertising, right cast, it could certainly make a nice profit for Marvel.

Downey and Norton are far from A-Listers. They aren't gonna send the budget for The Avengers sky high.

Almost every Marvel film has been number 1 the weekend of it's release. Some of them have had shoddy quality sure, but people seem to be interested in mostly everything with the Marvel stamp on it nowadays. Ghost Rider isn't exactly a huge Marvel properity and it's done fairly well for itself I'd say.

Antman and Thor can and will work. Much like Wonder Woman, Flash, and Green Lantern could work, just DC is too lazy to get off their ass and make them work, so they just stuck them as members of the Justice League.

Wow,really?I always considered a-listers to be the ones who can pick and choose scripts tossed at them.Norton and RDJ are certainly in that group of actors.

A-Listers are people who almost all the general public would know. Alot of people probably don't know who Downey and Norton are. A-Listers would be Pitt, Jolie, Berry, Washington, etc, etc.

Alright. Tommorrow go on the street and just randomly ask people who Norton and Downey Jr are. :dry:

Your definition of A-List is wrong JB.A-list is when you're at a position in your career when you can pick and choose scripts offered to you,of which there are many.You;re not auditioning anymore.

By your logic you're telling me Lindsay Lohan,
Paris Hilton and the Olsen sisters are A-Listers and that is far from the truth.

A-Listers are people who almost all the general public would know. Alot of people probably don't know who Downey and Norton are. A-Listers would be Pitt, Jolie, Berry, Washington, etc, etc.

First off all, no. A listers are the ones who do the negotiating. The ones who almost all the producers would know. The ones who can demand rewrites. The ones the directors fight over. It has nothing to do with the general public. And Downey's been an A lister for 20 years.

There s no mess they just have to deliver thats all we asking.

the justice league and the avengers are different types of superhero teams.

comparing the way the companies deal with their movie releases is like comparing apples to oranges.

heck by the time dc release theirs, marvel will still be doing solo films for avengers and the market may be tired of superhero films by then.

I would say let superman and batman's current sequels finish before doing a JL film but whatever...

they have the lucky stance of getting exposure to some of these types of characters through smallville (in some light or another) and also a very well based animation line with legion of superheroes, the batman and the dcau which have done great jobs in highlighting other characters than their big hitters. Unfortunately marvel hasn't had such luck and still relies on spidey cartoons in their 7th incarnation :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"