Do you think DC's approach is a mess compared to Marvel?

I don't think DC is a mess next to Marvel.
I think they are trying to go with Quality over Quantity.
So far its 50/50 with their movies.
I am enjoying their animation, I hope it continues. It would be nice to see the team from "The Batman" do "the dark knight returns"
I liked their future episode quite a lot.

The first four Superman films were awesome (especially the first two) and the first Batman film was equally awesome. But DC's recent entries have been eh. Superman Returns was just a travesty. Pure garbage in blue tights. And Batman Begins, while I do see its appeal, it's not for me. It's like an endurance challenge. It's too heavy, too long, and too boring. Meanwhile but when DC was putting out the good stuff like the early Batman and Superman films (and possibly Swamp Thing, all though I have not seen this since I was seven and therefore cannot remember weather or not it is a good movie) Marvel was dropping crap on us like Howard the Duck and Captain America.

But DC has a one up on Marvel, or had I should say. Warner Bros. owns DC so in essence DC has been making there own movies much like Marvel is finally being able to do. At this point their approaches are now very similar. And in the past? In the past it doesn't matter because both companies had awesome films on there resume (Marvel with X-Men and Spider-Man, DC with Superman and Batman) and both had mistakes (Elektra, Supergirl)

Do you read Spider-Man?

FNSM and Sensational have been good, but ASM has been utter turd since 2004. Joe Q seems determined to force feed everyone his own version of Spidey, and to hell with the fans.

First Sins Past, then The Other (so far the two worst Spidey arcs ever), then the unmasking (totally out of character, makes no sense), and now it seems PP/MJ's marriage is about to be erased from everyone's memory's!

JQ can't just have them separate- he such an arrogant and deluded prick that he thinks making out like they never got married is the only way he can move ASM forward.

If you can't see the Spidey books for what they are right now, you don't know what you are talking about.
Thanks for proving my point.

The first four Superman films were awesome (especially the first two) and the first Batman film was equally awesome. But DC's recent entries have been eh. Superman Returns was just a travesty. Pure garbage in blue tights. And Batman Begins, while I do see its appeal, it's not for me. It's like an endurance challenge. It's too heavy, too long, and too boring. Meanwhile but when DC was putting out the good stuff like the early Batman and Superman films (and possibly Swamp Thing, all though I have not seen this since I was seven and therefore cannot remember weather or not it is a good movie) Marvel was dropping crap on us like Howard the Duck and Captain America.

But DC has a one up on Marvel, or had I should say. Warner Bros. owns DC so in essence DC has been making there own movies much like Marvel is finally being able to do. At this point their approaches are now very similar. And in the past? In the past it doesn't matter because both companies had awesome films on there resume (Marvel with X-Men and Spider-Man, DC with Superman and Batman) and both had mistakes (Elektra, Supergirl)
You thought Superman III and IV were awesome? :dry:

Maybe not awesome, but I liked them better than Superman Returns or Batman Begins. Sorry, I did.

I'm all for respecting someone's opinion, but that last statement makes me muster all I can to do so.

I'm all for respecting someone's opinion, but that last statement makes me muster all I can to do so.
I know Superman IV was a bad film, but it had Reeves and Hackman playing much better versions of Superman and Luthor than Routh and Spacy could ever hope to do in a million years. At least Superman IV was fun. And Superman III? Lana Lang. An Evil Superman that is a nod to Bizarro. What's not to love?

SUPES III- The junkyard fight and the chemical plant scene alone make the film amazing.

Way to elaborate.
Let me ask you something...

Would you even attempt to explain physics to someone with Downs Syndrome? Or maybe Women's Lib to a Islamic Extremist? No? Why? Because you know it would do no good, right? Because you know no matter what you said, they just wouldn't listen, just wouldn't even be able to comprehend the words coming out of your mouth. Exactly.

I know Superman IV was a bad film, but it had Reeves and Hackman playing much better versions of Superman and Luthor than Routh and Spacy could ever hope to do in a million years. At least Superman IV was fun. And Superman III? Lana Lang. An Evil Superman that is a nod to Bizarro. What's not to love?
Both were oddly horrible movies that should literally bring you pain to watch.

IMHO.

IMHO.

and by adding that no one can disagree with you.
I'll go this far.
I liked the first two much more than the following two.
As for Returns.
it replaced 3 and 4 for me, much in the was Rocky Balboa replaced Rocky 5

Docker said:
Good thing DC has excellent examples like Catwoman and Batman Forever! That will show Marvel how to do it.

Batman Forever was before the modern Superhero film trend started with Spider-Man 2.

DC has had ONE decent film in 15 years....:down

I would rather take one good film,to horrible films like Fantastic Four 1 and 2,Ghost Rider,Daredevil and Elektra.

Batman Forever was before the modern Superhero film trend started with Spider-Man 2.

I would rather take one good film,to horrible films like Fantastic Four 1 and 2,Ghost Rider,Daredevil and Elektra.
agreed.
DC fans seem happy with what has happened. its the marvel fans that seem to think there is a problem. ironic don't you think

The "trend" started with Blade 1. You can't just pick and chose the time you want becuase you want it to make your point legit. :o

Isn't Dc rushing out a Justicd league movie, thats sounds like a mess waiting to happen.

I m not gonna criticize on quality both did remarkable movies & crap movies. But one thing I really like with marvel is that we get at least 2 movies a year. WB is taking time to make movies not because he wants to do quality movies but because THEY CAN'T do it FASTER! They have other movies to manage like harry potter and thats why we have to wait 20 years for a DC movie! Now they re panicking cause they cant deliver.... I have one thing to say to WB: '' with great power comes great responsibility''. You bought DC so deliver don't give us excuses or leave DC alone!

That's what I'm saying! I don't see how someone keeps saying "quality over quantity" when WB has released over 10 hero movies but only 5 of them are considered good by the majority of people. Honestly, if you are a Marvel fan, you can brag about the SPidey and Xmen franchise, but if you are a DC fan, you can brag about the Supes and Bats franchise. It all depends on who you like. As stated earlier, they both have made questionable decisions. But they have also really got it right on certain franchises as well.

I really doubt that's true.

WB is a major studio that makes countless films a film. With Harry Potter more than paying for itself, I really can't believe WB would be too short of funds to make more superhero movies. Honestly, I do think it's a matter of quality. Look at Superman's pre-production hell. That was purely because most of the ideas were absolute crap. But as soon as Bryan Singer came along with a half decent idea, WB was jumping to get it made. And the same thing happened with Batman Begins. As soon as they got a good pitch and good creative team, it was made with months, really.

IMHO.

Heh.
Supes IV is pretty crap, but as I noted III has two spectacular scenes which are right up there w/ the best any Superman film has to offer. It is because of these two scenes that for me Supes III validates itself.

People today are too caught up in the gritty buckets of violence take on superhero movies like Bataman begins SM3 WAS A GREAT SLIGHTLY LIGHT HEARTED MOVIE BUT IT DID SOMETHING A LOT OF MOVIES DONT DO. iT WAS ENJOYABLE!!. I didnt enjoy Batman Begins though i can see why some people did while i hugely enjoyed the Fantastic four movies and spidey movies. gritty realism can be enjoyable but its not the be all and end all formula for a successful movie.

'Batman Begins' is the Greatest Superhero move ever and should be the template for all others.

Not necessary in style, look or direction but in the way it handle the history of the character in it's movie adaptaion.

The first Superman movie (1978) is another example of this, as well as the first 2 Spiderman movies.

'Spidey 3' destroy what could've been the greatest Superhero trilogy of all time. :huh:

EDIT: by the way this is an imteresting turn of events becasue not to long ago MArvel movies were soooooo bad they were reduced to the 'Direct to video' market.

'Batman Begins' is the Greatest Superhero move ever and should be the template for all others.

Not necessary in style, look or direction but in the way it handle the history of the character in it's movie adaptaion.

The first Superman movie (1978) is another example of this, as well as the first 2 Spiderman movies.

'Spidey 3' destroy what could've been the greatest Superhero trilogy of all time. :huh:

EDIT: by the way this is an imteresting turn of events becasue not to long ago MArvel movies were soooooo bad they were reduced to the 'Direct to video' market.

On Batman Begins thats your opinion i think it tried to hard isnt in the slightest bit exciting and the realism aspect ruined it even further.

What do you mean? In it's comic accuracy? It really wasn't that accurate. And that whole plot of Batman Begins, Superman: The Movie, and Spider-Man 1 are now being so overused, I find myself wishing for something new and fresh. Personally, I think movies like Batman '89 and X-Men should be just as much a template for future films as they were not only good films and good adaptations of the characters they featured, but they also managed to do both with plots that were different from everything else...a bit more original and less formulaic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"