Sequels Do you think Scott Lang should be saved for an Ant-Man sequel?

I think Bill Foster and Scott Lang rounding out the cast as Pym's co-workers and friends is a must.
I also like the idea of seeing Ant Man's friends, Janet, Bill, and Scott, being sort of his team and tech
support for him being Ant Man, not just his friends who don't know. But also this would allow them to
transition into taking over for him easier and Janet becomes Wasp, Scott becomes Ant Man, and Bill
becomes Giant Man, showing that all their lives are effected by Hank Pym's being Ant Man/Giant Man/
Yellow Jacket. Sort of like how no one can not be effected, or untouched, by their friends being superheroes.

In the other thread someone suggeested no Ant Man sequel. But How about Ant Man 1 being hank
Pym (who joins the Avengers as Giant Man/Ant Man) while the sequel (Ant Man 2) could be Scott Lang.
It would sort of be a transition film. hank leaves being Ant Man to join the Avengers while Scott takes
up the mantel to save his daughter. Bill Foster could be in both Avengers with Hank and co star in
Ant Man with Scott Lang.
So, to over explain:
Ant Man 1: Hank Pym and Janet become the Ant Man and the Wasp, agents of SHIELD.
Avengers (whatever): Hank and Janet join the Avengers. Janet is the Wasp while Hank
introduces his new inventions and powers as Giant Man. Because he felt like he had to step
things up for the Avneger big leagues. Bill Foster and Scott Lang make cameos.
Ant Man 2: Hank and Janet leave to join the Avengers. While joining the Avengers Hank
becomes Giant Man and leaves being Ant Man behind. Scott Lang's daughter is kidnapped
and he and Bill Foster try to get her back. Lang uses Pym's Ant Man suit and becomes the
new Ant Man with Bill Foster co-starring.

Later down the line Foster can take over for Pym as Giant Man, probably after the actor playing
Pym leaves the cast of Avengers and Ant Man.

You're hired! :up: :cwink:

I thought that To Steal and Antman would be the theme of the Antman movie and include Dr. Pym's origin and then in Avengers 2 Pym and Janet join the team?

I can see that working too, but I would hope they would start with Hank Pym from the beginning. But if they did start it with Lang and introduce Pym and Janet in the Avengers movies, I would hope Bill Foster was still brought in as well.
I really want the whole set up that Lang and Bill Foster worked at Pym's Lab while Janet hung out there and helped all the time.

I thought that To Steal and Antman would be the theme of the Antman movie and include Dr. Pym's origin and then in Avengers 2 Pym and Janet join the team?
That was the thought when Ant-Man was potentially going to be released before Avengers 2. Now that the release date has been announced for the November after Avengers 2, some people are clinging to the idea that Ant-Man will be a prequel of sorts, and others are reconsidering that notion.

I can see that working too, but I would hope they would start with Hank Pym from the beginning. But if they did start it with Lang and introduce Pym and Janet in the Avengers movies, I would hope Bill Foster was still brought in as well.
I really want the whole set up that Lang and Bill Foster worked at Pym's Lab while Janet hung out there and helped all the time.
I really like that idea too--that subsequent Ant-Men/Giant-Men would start out as supporting characters to Pym. If any Marvel hero has mimicked Green Lantern and Flash in terms of having multiple characters take on the persona, it's been Ant-Man/Giant-Man/Goliath/Yellowjacket.

It also adds to the world of Ant Man, giving him friends and a supporting cast. While at the same time hinting at possible futures for the characters. Those who know who Bill Foster and Scott Lang are will know that eventually they become Goliath and Ant Man. It is like an easter egg or something.

It also adds to the world of Ant Man, giving him friends and a supporting cast. While at the same time hinting at possible futures for the characters. Those who know who Bill Foster and Scott Lang are will know that eventually they become Goliath and Ant Man. It is like an easter egg or something.
We'll see how forward-thinking Edgar Wright has been forced to become. He and Joe Cornish originally wrote their first script in 2003 as a standalone movie. Who knows how much the words "franchise" and "continuity" were in their minds at the time. In the 10 years since then, I'm sure those ideas have pervaded their thinking as well as the script.

I hope they don't make him Ant-Man if they do use him

I'd be fine with Lang in a sequel, I just would hate him in an origin film.

What if the 1st Ant Man film is about Scott Lang as the new Ant Man with flashbacks of Hank Pym as Ant Man?

I still want my idea, but as long as they set up that Hank and Janet were Ant Man and Wasp 1st and leave it open so that maybe they are with SHIELD now or still around and kicking, leaving it open for my ideas, I'll be fine.

You could also have Cassie and O'Grady. In effect it's possible to set up a series of Ant-Man movies for the next decade and a half.

You could also have Cassie and O'Grady. In effect it's possible to set up a series of Ant-Man movies for the next decade and a half.
exactly. That was why I thought it should at least be mentioned that Lang has a daughter. Great idea with O'Grady too.

With Cassie-as long as you had some VERY clever writers and a brilliant director/producer-you could go on to Young Avengers.

i don't expect there to be a sequel, honestly. i'm a scott lang fan. so i'd rather they just let Edgar Wright make the movie he wants to make. i think it'd be foolish to do otherwise. Hank and Jan will presumably get plenty of play as part of the Avengers. if they are interesting enough, a director could re-start the ant-man franchise with the two of them. but i don't think it should interfere with Wright's vision.

i don't expect there to be a sequel, honestly. i'm a scott lang fan. so i'd rather they just let Edgar Wright make the movie he wants to make. i think it'd be foolish to do otherwise. Hank and Jan will presumably get plenty of play as part of the Avengers. if they are interesting enough, a director could re-start the ant-man franchise with the two of them. but i don't think it should interfere with Wright's vision.
Yeah, I see what you mean. I wouldn't want the studio to interfere too much with Wright's direction for the film, or else we'd end up with a film like Green Lantern or Spider-Man 3 or something, where there were just too many cooks in the kitchen and a lack of clear vision/focus for the story.

I still think that if they intend to only have one Ant-Man movie, Hank Pym needs to be at the core of that story, even if Wright has Scott Lang as the protagonist.

Yeah, I see what you mean. I wouldn't want the studio to interfere too much with Wright's direction for the film, or else we'd end up with a film like Green Lantern or Spider-Man 3 or something, where there were just too many cooks in the kitchen and a lack of clear vision/focus for the story.

I still think that if they intend to only have one Ant-Man movie, Hank Pym needs to be at the core of that story, even if Wright has Scott Lang as the protagonist.

yeah, of course. Hank created the identity. he should have the spotlight. but, since this was likely planned as a one-and-done, i think Scott should be in it. i'm not expecting them to have Scott appear in this and then show up in Avengers. i think his origin story works perfectly fine as a complete movie arc; he steals equipment from a superhero to save his daughter. he could even be the impetus for Hank going public as 'Ant-Man' or 'Giant-Man'; seeing a desperate person put his invention to good use.

I think it would be very easy. Scott and Foster would be introduced as supporting characters. (Could be.) Just like Howard Stark or Tommy Lee Jones was in Captain America, or Kat Dennings was in Thor, or maybe Roady in the Iron Mans. They are there, we see they work at the lab, Pym is the leader and the boss. And subtely we see a little about them. Like Scott Lang has a young daughter named Cassie. Easy enough to reveal something like that. Have a photo of her on his work station, maybe the one of him and her that they reference in the comics lately:
tumblr_mc1ogoscqC1r6h499o1_500.png

And maybe have him mention her, like in a scene where he and Bill or Janet are talking and he could say something as simple as I have to get home to Cassie. Something like that.
He would in no way be the star, or even the sidekick/support character, but he would be a supporting background character who would later become important.
It occurred to me that if they didn't include him it might be easy to forget about him too, like Rick Jones in all the Hulk movies.

What if for an Ant-Man sequel starring Scott Long but also Hank being called Ant-Man: Yellowjacket.

What if for an Ant-Man sequel starring Scott Long but also Hank being called Ant-Man: Yellowjacket.

I would like for Scott to stay Ant-man and if Pym turned to Yellowjacket, personally, although that persona was demonized in the comics, it was actually my favorite interpretation of him (except when they had him go crazy and slap Janet). I would love for Pym to be either Yellowjacket or Giant-Man.

primarily, i think that Hank should be Giant-Man. makes him more usable for the Avengers movies. if there's a sequel to Ant-Man, i think Hank and Jan should be Ant-Man and the Wasp; respectively. and Scott (as a second ant-man) could help them out in a limited capacity (just like Rhodey helped Tony throughout the Iron Man trilogy). it should work, as long as they have different costumes.

if he were young, it wouldn't make much sense for him to choose a successor.

In the EMH episode, he 'retires' fairly young and then becomes Yellowjacket. Hank Pym doesn't like using violence, it makes sense for him to quit early and give the mantle to someone else.

Plus, I'm not sure if they're even making Pym a superhero, or just a scientist who gives his tech or has it stolen by Lang.

Since they sidelined Pym for the first Ant-Man feature, I would like for them to keep Lang for the sequel, but, introduce Eric O'Grady as the second protagonist in the second Antmanfilm. It would create a nice dichotomy in assessing the Ant-Men.

Since they sidelined Pym for the first Ant-Man feature, I would like for them to keep Lang for the sequel, but, introduce Eric O'Grady as the second protagonist in the second Antmanfilm. It would create a nice dichotomy in assessing the Ant-Men.

well that Simon Bell guy was rumored to be in the running, at one point. i don't think he looks unlike Eric O'Grady.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"