Justice League Do You Want Ryan Reynolds To Return As Green Lantern In The Snyder Cut?

It's BS. Just like that rumor about Margot/Harley being part of the reshoots

It’s possible that he gets brought in for JL 2 if it happens. I’d like to see it if it’s a small role where he died and passed the torch to John Stewart.

But I’m glad he’s not showing his face in the post credit scene at the lakehouse. For a moment like that, I’ll always of the belief that it would ruin the warning. You got a large chunk of ppl at home laughing at his presence or simply freaking out because Ryan’s back. You miss dialogue, or miss how serious he’s trying to be. It’s much better to have Martian Manhunter calmly tell Bruce about Darkseid. Hal could be the one who told him off screen.

And why would Hal Jordan or a bunch of aliens know Batman or his identity and secret whereabouts? It just seems random. Much more logical to have Lennox come in as Swanwick/Manhunter passing off the info from a source, knowing Bruce will then take that information to the rest of the Justice League.

I don't how he can, scenes for ZS' cut already has an actor in place as Hal. So how can RR 'return' ?

Yes and no. DanielRPK on his Patreon apparently told that Reynolds still wants in for JL2. The interesting part of that being that there's talk of a JL2.

I said it a thousand times and I’ll say it again, Ryan Reynolds in Zack Snyders Justice League never was and never will be a thing. This whole thing was made up by scoopers. The only reason people bought into it is because of a couple of cheeky remarks from Reynolds about ZSJL and how he wouldnt mind being in it. Doesnt mean it was ever actually a thing. He will not be Green Lantern, he’s Deadpool.

That sounds really interesting. I would have been up for that. :up:
I now get what ZS was going for with the modern Zuckerberg. But originally I saw Luthor as a 40 something, good looking businessman who may be president one day. Someone who can match the age and casting of Ben Affleck. So Bradley Cooper would have crushed that. He also has experience with sharing scenes with Amy Adams so I imagine Lois/Lex scenes would be dynamite.

People gots to stop believing Sam Benjamin some random dude is Hal Jordan lol. He’s in the history lesson.

I think green lanterns may have been meant to show up, but prolly all CG versions of Kilowag or Tomar-Re. Kevin Smith re-iterated that on Fatman Beyond but I think he confused what the film crew told him since he's now usually blazed for most of the day, everyday.

Was there ever anything concrete about Sam Benjamin as GL, or was this another Scoot McNairy situation?

Benjamin himself tried to be vague about it at a time when the Snyder Cut was never gonna happen. Trying to get attention on him from fans when he’s not a huge role at all and will likely be seen in one scene and never seen again lol.

Kevin Smith got a few things wrong. Or at the very least he was told some b.s. He was told that Green Lantern was supposed to visit Alfred and we know that’s not true. He was also told that most of JL 2 was the league leaving earth for Apokalips to take the fight to Darkseid, which was shot down by Zack. I wouldn’t be surprised if that lake house post credit scene is either with Martian Manhunter or it’s deleted because he couldn’t cast Hal in time.

Sam Benjamin is the type of casting you'd expect from Snyder. Him being GL is more believable than Ryan Reynolds

ivzgqbie9bg61.jpg

Not sure why people put stock in that to begin with.

ivzgqbie9bg61.jpg

Not sure why people put stock in that to begin with.

He was kind of playing up to it same as Dan Amboyer did the same with BvS. Tbh I don’t blame the actors for it as it gets them some exposure but certain fans keep falling for it lol

Snyder confirms there was an idea of having a main Lantern show up and then have Reynolds as his partner.

Had they gone ahead with this plan, Hal should've just been the main GL.

A few weeks ago, Snyder was asked ‘Hal or John’. He scoffed and said ‘John’. Those plans for JL2 and 3 mentioned the GL corps. I think if we get 2&3, we get Reynolds back as Hal and they’ll bring in John Stewart.

Had they gone ahead with this plan, Hal should've just been the main GL.

For a while that's what I used to hope for too and I think I used to have some false sense of confidence that when Geoff Johns was running the DCEU he would've made sure that Hal wasn't just "the additional Green Lantern" as Snyder mentions. But in hindsight it's obvious WB were never going to invest in that character again. Hal was the unfortunate victim of the debacle they created in 2011, and he was just as badly impacted by it as the GL brand itself was, so even if JL would've initially worked out, they weren't going to reboot GL and still use Hal as the main Lantern. This isn't like "let's find a Jason Momoa and fix Hal" because they simply don't need to fix Hal, they can just use another character who they could consider to have a bigger commercial potential. Hal deserves better but Hollywood is interested in numbers, not in trying to fix characters they previously ruined that they don't need to fix now. But I don't mean this to be overly negative since I was always curious about how ZS could handle GL.

It's interesting. I thought Ryan Reynolds didn't care about superheroes anymore after Green Lantern bombed. Except for Deadpool (obviously). Considering how much fun he poked at all other superheroes, he repeatedly said he didn't care, I thought he didn't. Surprised he's interested in watching Justice League. I remember him saying the only other superhero he would have liked to play was Wally West's version of The Flash.

Well, as somebody who thinks it’ll never happen...IF a sequel were to be greenlit (pun intended)...I guess you cast John Stewart and bring in Reynolds for Hal. I read something about Mark Wahlberg was an early choice for Hal? LOL horrible.

So per Snyder a scene with a cameo from John Stewart was shot but the studio said no. Presumably the Reynolds cameo would have been as John's partner.

EwxkqEWXMAgssdI

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"