Do you want to be first to play Revolution?

SpiderFan17 said:
Prince of Persia is about jumping and solving puzzles, but its (now) also about bloody violence.

OK, just for the sake of argument, forget the two other games. Just Sands of Time. Take it as an example of a game with universal appeal.

This doesn't eliminate anyone from playing, but the tone of the games are clearly marketed towards older mature gamers.

Like I said before, the criteria I hold for games with "universal appeal" is that they have a little of something for everyone.

Need for Speed is a racing game, but the subculture it allies itself with isn't exactly childlike, is it?

What part of my post that said "before the Underground crap" didn't you understand?

Gran Turismo is a racing game, but it was primarily designed for the hardcore auto enthusiast, who enjoys realistic racing. Like i said, its not exclusive, but its clear they weren't targeted towards kids

No, Gran Turismo's Arcade mode was clearly intended towards gamers who don't want to dive in the game's deep simulation mode, as such, making the game easily accessible to younger audience.

I just stated my point, that Sony has a bunch of kiddy properties, but nobody calls Sony games "kiddie" as often (or ever) as they do Nintendo games. Its console bias.

Because Sony fanboys don't childishly blast all M-rated games as being popular only because they have blood, violence and gore.

Phaser said:
OK, just for the sake of argument, forget the two other games. Just Sands of Time. Take it as an example of a game with universal appeal.
The sands of time had the prison torture level and a lot of other "creepy" set pieces throughout, not to mention it had zombies instead of "giant evil mushrooms and turtles".

WhatsHisFace said:
The sands of time had the prison torture level and a lot of other "creepy" set pieces throughout, not to mention it had zombies instead of "giant evil mushrooms and turtles".

Only people who are way too uptight about what their kids should or should not play would take take that into account. Besides, you'd catch far more creepier and violent set pieces watching Courage The Cowardly Dog and certain episodes of Samurai Jack.

Phaser said:
Only people who are way too uptight about what their kids should or should not play would take take that into account. Besides, you'd catch far more creepier and violent set pieces watching Courage The Cowardly Dog and certain episodes of Samurai Jack.
I know, I never thought about it until I saw someone else say it. But if it was in a PFS or something, it would have really stuck out.

So yeah, I'm pretty excited about Revolution. And being the first to play it would be great. (tries to get back ontopic while Nintendo haters continue to bash/troll every single Nintendo thread on boards)

Phaser said:
What part of my post that said "before the Underground crap" didn't you understand?
I understood it, but its not where the series is anymore. Unless we traveled back in time 4-5 years. This is where the series is and where it's going to be from now on. You can argue using stuff from the past all you want, but it's not going to work in the real world, since they've long since accepted the direction it is going in.

Phaser said:
Because Sony fanboys don't childishly blast all M-rated games as being popular only because they have blood, violence and gore.
Every time I've heard a Nintendo fanboy use that arguement was as a defense to someone calling the console kiddie. I've never heard it used as a firing shot.

SpiderFan17 said:
I understood it, but its not where the series is anymore. Unless we traveled back in time 4-5 years. This is where the series is and where it's going to be from now on. You can argue using stuff from the past all you want, but it's not going to work in the real world, since they've long since accepted the direction it is going in.

OK, let's just forget about it as an irrelevant example and focus on the other games I mentioned. My point still stands.

Every time I've heard a Nintendo fanboy use that arguement was as a defense to someone calling the console kiddie. I've never heard it used as a firing shot.

Not saying you did. I'm just telling you why exactly do Nintendo's kiddie franchises are picked on so often but not Sony's or Microsoft's. Ask me, I don't discriminate between the kiddie franchises offered by different companies. They're all the same to me.

What's interesting here is that compared to other "M" rated games, I never considered the Halo series as one that's only targeted to a mature audience

Phaser said:
You can play sands of time on a nintendo console.:confused:

Well, what constitutes mature as far as storyline? Corruption, drugs, etc? Mainstream people don't really care about a game's storyline, they're just skipping the cutscenes to get back to blasting the **** out of whatever enemy is in their path.

i have a gamecube and a playstation2, but in all honesty, i prefare my gamecube.

sure, i love games like metal gear and stuff, for the reasons that have been mentoind, the gameplay, the story, and the graphics. but when it comes down to me playing one over the other, i always turn to the gamecube. their games can be fun in short burts or hour long sessions.
you can drop in an out of a lot of their games. and, although some look like kiddie games, they certinally have great gameplay that anyone of any age can enjoy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"