• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

World Doc Ock's Lair v2 - Part 1

Red Ghost and the super apes, eh? That's certainly...unexpected.

This all Sinister Six issue is going to be so much fun. :woot:

It looks epic. Ock's back in his classic Master Planner diggs. He's got his Sinister Six reformed again. He's got a plan to take on the world.

This has the potential to be one of the greatest Doc Ock stories ever. Don't mess it up, Slott. All the right ingredients are here. Use them well.

And let's not forget that ever since Ock's return in ASM 600, he's been more than just a Villain to Spidey. He's been a Villain to a good portion of the Marvel universe. He's reached a new level of danger.

Yes, this is the Dr. Doom threat level Slott was going on about making him way back when ASM #600 was on the way.

Indeed. I think this is really going ot push Doc Ock to new heights as a character overall. He's going to leave a major stamp on Marvel, if you ask me.

I hope they retain this new status. Most of all his whole sickness storyline needs to reach a climax. It's time for Ock to cure what ails him.

Yup, and we shall see if that happens. I've been waiting for Ock's big bang for a while and Slott really has shown his true talents over the past few years on ASM, so I think he'll deliver.

A preliminary design Jean Paul Leon did of Doc Ock for the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon, note that his final design is probably nothing close to this but still fun to see.

usmock.jpg

That's one helluva neck brace. And what's that corded thing dangling, a mouse or something?

Still, nice design, really makes Otto look dependent on the arms and they managed to work tentacle "suckers" in there, which rarely happens.

Lose the bulky chest plate thing, shrink the goggles a bit, and it's good.

Like I said, most likely the final design doesn't look like that at all.

6196-1.jpg

6196-2.jpg

6196-3.jpg

I kind of like these. It's a nice compromise between the classic look with the green leisure suit and the more modern trench coat look, which is also what the Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon seemed to be going for.

6196-1.jpg

6196-2.jpg

6196-3.jpg

I kind of like these. It's a nice compromise between the classic look with the green leisure suit and the more modern trench coat look, which is also what the Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon seemed to be going for.

Why does Doctor Octopus look like Arnold Schwarzenegger?

Well, I believe this was a custom made action figure somebody did, so it's possible that the head came from a toy modeled after Ah-nuld.:woot:

But I still think it looks pretty cool.

You know when James Cameron was up for doing a Spidey movie he had Arnie in mind to play Doc Ock.

Can you imagine it? He'd be right at home doing the cigar scenes anyway.

My god, I don't want to remember James Cameron's Spider-Man, lol. The story sounded so....wrong.

You know when James Cameron was up for doing a Spidey movie he had Arnie in mind to play Doc Ock.

Can you imagine it? He'd be right at home doing the cigar scenes anyway.

I knew that, but I think Arnold Schwarzenegger would be one of the worst people to cast as Otto Octavius. Musclebound Macho Man ≠ Fatass Nerd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"