World Doc Ock's Lair v2 - Part 1

Yeah, the Ultimate cartoon won't really have much in common in the actual Ultimate comic series.

And yes, I am unimpressed with Ock so far. He does get brutalized by Ultimate Goblin (an inferior version of Osborn). SSM Ock was also pretty round, but the writing, voice acting, and the tentacles themselves made him a force to be reckoned with. I'm not getting the same vibe here.

Yeah, I'm not that pleased with the USM cartoon so far. Well, aside from the fact that JK SImmons is voicing JJJ.

Check out this great Spidey fan film from early 2002 directed by William Minsky and titled "Spider-Man: Attack Of The Octopus". I can't believe I'd never seen it before, and it's got to be one of the best Spidey fanmade efforts I've seen.

[YT]ImLjIn5gf-k[/YT]

This pretty much the only Spidey fan film out there that solely tackled Doctor Octopus on little to no budget. They did a great job with the puppeteer work on Doc Ock's tentacles, and the action is really nice. :up:

:otto:

Ock is coming back full force!

1329857341.jpg

NERD GASM over that promo pic. Ock better get himself sorted at the end of this.

I have to say that fan made movie did a damn good job doing the tentacles. Some great puppetry there.

Dan Slott knows how to write a good Ock. There is no way he's going to die at the end of this, Ock's been building this up for far too long for their to be no pay-off.

If Slott cures Ock and retains Ock's status as this Dr Doom level bad ass he's been for the last 2 years, then he will forever have my loyalty as a Spidey reader.

Well I just read ASM #680 and 681. Doc Ock committed an assault on some space station that John Jameson was on with millions of his octobots and stolen something from it. We don't know what. In the process he nearly killed Spidey, John, and the Human Torch.

At the end Ock gathered his Sinister Six together and told them to get ready to launch his big master plan. The Ends of the Earth 6 part arc is starting in the next issue of ASM. Don't miss it. This is the make or break story for me regarding Ock. If he doesn't get cured then I'm done with Spidey until they rectify it.

I hope Slott delivers the goods. The covers to the arc look amazing.

No chatting about the latest ASM? You guys are slipping. :oldrazz:

Yeah, what did you Octophiles think of part 1 of the latest Slott Spidey epic,; Ends of The Earth? :otto:

tumblr_m192nbfoeN1rne46yo1_500.jpg

Part 1 was a very exciting kickoff, put all the pieces in place. Stefano Caselli's art has never looked better. So far Ock has lived up to half of his promise in ASM#600. But there's gotta be a catch, doesn't there?

smtimsale.png

Spider-Man vs. Doctor Octopus by Tim Sale ^

iron_man_by_maykrender-d4ctmef.jpg

Here's a cool one of Iron Man fighting Doc Ock.

Last edited:
I read the first issue and loved it. I mean this was a Doc Ock fan's wet dream. Ock's got his Sinister Six again. He's in his Master Planner lair again. He's got a global scale plan in operation that could destroy the world. He's got Spidey really worried and running to the Avengers for help, along with a brand new costume to deal with Ock.

This story is full of win so far :otto:

Love those pics, Spidey 62. Especially the Iron Man vs Ock one.

I read it at a friend's house today. It was stellar. Slott absolutely knows how to write Ock. This is the best version of the doctor I've seen in a looooong time. I love it.

Ends of the Earth part one is the first Spider Man comic I've picked up (other than the Sinister Six vs Intelligencia issue a few months ago that rocked) since the Brand New Day debacle.

I want the marriage back (and I'm getting divorced).

The story has a solid start, especially for Ock. I could've lived without the whole global warming angle, since it's so politically charged. But I'll be sticking with this story for now, I'm eager to see how it'll play out.

So, I heard that the new cartoon premiered today. Anyone catch it? Thoughts, reactions?

Not surprised. I caught it online (officially, it's on Marvel Kids' site or something) and... I think it has promise, but they do break the fourth wall in a hyuck-hyuck jokey kind of way FAR too much. Spectacular Spider-Man had plenty of humor, by comparison, but didn't have to break the fourth wall to do it.

Animation's good, though again by going for a more "realistic" style (kinda like an upgrade from the old 80s GI Joe cartoons) I think they lose out on smoothness of action. Again -- SpecSpidey was highly stylistic, but the characters looked GREAT in action.

I see they've taken a lot of cues from the Ultimate Spider-Man comic, though are not following it slavishly, which is good.

I like the "Spider-Man joins the Avengers early in his career to get training" angle (which is different at least) and the fact that they make sure you know that Spidey exists in a larger superhero universe.

I think I'll be keeping an eye on it, but for now Spectacular Spider-Man was superior and I still mourn its untimely cancellation.

I'm sure we've all seen Ock's newest animated incarnation. It's said that here he cannot move, or even so much as breathe without his suit. So I'd assume he's a bit more based on the current state of Dr. Octavius. As with the last series before hand he starts off serving as a lacky of Norman Osborn (for now).

an47X.jpg

I'm sure we've all seen Ock's newest animated incarnation. It's said that here he cannot move, or even so much as breathe without his suit. So I'd assume he's a bit more based on the current state of Dr. Octavius.

Oh, no. No no no no no.

jBT7J.jpg
2vOC1.jpg
VzhU0.jpg

hZutq.jpg

R8P7e.jpg

Wtf is with the long black hair? :doh:

So...Noman made Octavius' Ock arms? WHAT THE [CENSORED]?!

TC%20grab%207.jpg

SpideyOck_1246934502.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"