World Doc Ock's Lair v2 - Part 1

The visual design of the new cartoon Ock is terrible. Though I do like Tom Kenny's voice work.

I've been giving the show a miss after being completely unimpressed by the first two episodes.

I concur, Tom Kenny is doing some good vocals as Ock. It's a bit of a more stern Ock voice than SSM's, but the writing and design are not anywhere near the league of SSM's Doc Ock.

That black long hippie hair needs to go. As does that awful looking costume he wears. Give Ock a trenchcoat, a suit....something stylish to fit his persona.

See, I actually DON'T hate Ock's design. It actually fits with his loner, recluse persona the show has for him. Certainly far better than the boring, uninspired designs they have for Cap, Thor, Iron Man, or Loki.

But the fight is underwhelming and the lame jokes kill any possible tension.

I'm guessing they pull some kind of fake out. Like Ock is put in suspended animation.

Doc Ock lives. He's been put on life support in the Zenith. So his condition continues it seems.....

A bit anti climatic. I wanted a resolution to Ock's condition. But I love the revelation of what his real plans were. Pure Doc Ock.

Well, coma is better than dead, I suppose... but, then again, in the Spider-Girl continuity, Otto went into a coma and he never came out of it.

I saw a few of the last issue's pages; I liked Spidey's insistence on not letting Otto just die. (Spider-Girl did the same thing, IIRC.) Good heroing there, IMO.

Spidey and Otto have such a long history. I hope it's not too long before they get to tangle again.

Doc Ock lives. He's been put on life support in the Zenith. So his condition continues it seems.....

A bit anti climatic. I wanted a resolution to Ock's condition. But I love the revelation of what his real plans were. Pure Doc Ock.

Ock's going to be in the EoTE epilogue in Avenging Spider-Man #8 next week, he's hooked up to a life support machine in the preview.

I wonder if the upcoming story ominously titled "Dying Wish" #698-699 leading into #700 has something to do with Doc Ock now. Maybe Ock's last wish is for Spider-Man to unplug his life support and kill him. Because that would really damage Spidey, Peter couldn't be Spidey anymore if he killed anybody he's said before and #700 he's rumored to be replaced.

Last edited:
spiderDocOcDioBIG2.jpg

http://www.dynamicforces.com/htmlfiles/archive.html?goProduct=C100181

I so want this.

That is amazing. Question though: WHy are statues/figures liek that so damn expensive? Are they expensive to make or something or do they just realize that hardcore nerds will pay anything XD

Wow that statue is fantastic! But its so darn pricey!

That is amazing. Question though: WHy are statues/figures liek that so damn expensive? Are they expensive to make or something or do they just realize that hardcore nerds will pay anything XD

The latter. Same reason HBO DVD/bluray sets are so freakin' expensive. :)

Watching Collection Intervention made me think of my comics collection. I don't have anything worth great value, but I love my Doc Ock issues (PP:SM 124, SM:UNLMT 3, AMZ:SM 600) and I'll probably keep them if I ever sold any part of my collection.

New Doc Ock story in November starting in issue 698

Excellent :up:

I just heard Roderick Kingsley is coming back in #691, too. Great times ahead.

EDIT: Wow, check this out:

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #698
DAN SLOTT (W) • RICHARD ELSON (A)
Cover BY Paolo Rivera
ASM 50TH ANNIVERSARY VARIANT by TBA
DYING WISH PRELUDE
• The end of Spider-Man’s world begins when Doctor Octopus discovers who Peter Parker really is.
• (Fifty years goes by much...too...fast.)
32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

ASM1999698COV_col.jpg

Ock once again finds out Spidey's secret identity :otto:

Last edited:
Maybe.

I think they want you to think that but means something else. That's why they say he find out who Peter Parker is rather than who Spider-Man is

And who is Peter Parker lol?

doc_spidey-sm.jpg

Last night at Wal-Mart I saw this Lego set with Spidey, Iron Fist and Doc Ock if anyone collects those.

The cover to 698 with the trade dress: :wow:

390px-Amazing_Spider-Man_Vol_1_698.jpg

Dan Slott's big warning on Twitter today:

Dear Comic Book Retailer, you've never seen me make a post like THIS before. I'm serious. 10/29/12 is the FOC for AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #698. You haven't ordered enough. Trust me.

All the hoopla you're going to see for AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #700? This issue is going to be a BIG part of it. You do not want to order short on #698.

Let the OTHER retailers scramble to get copies for their customers. Let THOSE guys be the ones clamoring for a second printing. Meanwhile, YOU can be the guy who stocked the right amount.

Not pulling your leg. Not playing this card frivolously. This issue is going to be big. That is all. Back to your regular tweets.

(You are SO gonna thank me for this heads up.)

The cover to Avenging Spider-Man #15.1. Amazing Spider-Man #700 and Avenging Spider-Man #15.1 will be the only comics Marvel is releasing the last week in December as well.

AVSMPO2011015_cov_col.jpg

AVENGING SPIDER-MAN #15.1
CHRISTOPHER YOST (W) • PACO MEDINA (A)
Cover by PAOLO MANUEL RIVERA
EPILOGUE to AMAZING SPIDER-MAN FINALE (#700)!
• Coinciding with the end of Amazing Spider-Man, a look back at the greatest conflict in comics history: Spider-Man vs. Doctor Octopus!
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99

Digging the Paolo Rivera covers a lot! Here's the solicit for 699.

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #699
DAN SLOTT (W) • HUMBERTO RAMOS (A)
Cover by PAOLO MANUEL RIVERA
• This is the MUST READ issue that turns over all the cards and reveals secrets that have been set as far back as ENDS OF THE EARTH, SPIDER-ISLAND, and 99 issues ago in ASM #600!
• Doctor Octopus has hours left to live. He knows Peter Parker’s secret. He has no master plan—all he wants is vengeance. Which members of Spider-Man’s rogues gallery will heed Ock’s call to arms?
• Special appearances by the Lizard, the Spider-Slayer, Morbius the Living Vampire, and some surprising Spidey Foes!
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Sounds pretty crazy, I have no idea what will happen but it's gotta be big to end ASM with #700.

Oh wow, that cover to Avenging Spider-Man is effing SWEET :otto:

I would buy it just for the cover alone lol. Slott need not worry, I'm going to be grabbing every issue relating to Ock's story. It's been three years of him dealing with his degenerative condition. Can't wait to see how it comes to a climax. I thought Ends of the Earth was going to be the conclusion.

Last edited:
Oh wow, that cover to Avenging Spider-Man is effing SWEET :otto:

I would buy it just for the cover alone lol. Slott need not worry, I'm going to be grabbing every issue relating to Ock's story. It's been three years of him dealing with his degenerative condition. Can't wait to see how it comes to a climax. I thought Ends of the Earth was going to be the conclusion.

Don't know if you'll be happy with it. The arc is called "Dying Wish" and it is Otto's final mission to kill Spidey before he bites the big one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"