You Get A Prize, Honey - The 'Doctor Who' Thread

I always love it when the actor/actress playing the Doctor is great with interacting with the fans, met Tennant at a comic con a couple weeks ago and he was awesome with all of his fans. Had a chance to meet Capaldi about a year ago and missed out, still kicking myself on that one.

Last edited:
I always love it when the actor/actress playing the Doctor is great with interacting with the fans, met Tennant at a comic con a couple weeks ago and he was awesome with all of his fans. Had a chance to meet Capaldi about a year ago and missed out, still kicking myself on that one.

It's cool that all the actors that played The Doctor all seem to be nice folks. Even Eccleston who's seen as "intense" or "serious" is polite to the fans based on what they've said about him.

It's cool that all the actors that played The Doctor all seem to be nice folks. Even Eccleston who's seen as "intense" or "serious" is polite to the fans based on what they've said about him.

Karen Gillan shook my hand (she extended first) at an autograph line at a con. Visualize for a moment that she looks better in real life than she does on TV. Then extrapolate what I look like based on my history of posting here about overeating chili and breaking toilets. It was like Galadriel holding hands with Gollum. Very nice people.

Karen Gillan shook my hand (she extended first) at an autograph line at a con. Visualize for a moment that she looks better in real life than she does on TV. Then extrapolate what I look like based on my history of posting here about overeating chili and breaking toilets. It was like Galadriel holding hands with Gollum. Very nice people.
I'm happy to hear that. Glad you had a good experience with Karen Gillian and others that you've met.

Nice.

And Gollum breaks toilets? Poor guy can't catch a break, but I don't need to visualise that.

I'm happy to hear that. Glad you had a good experience with Karen Gillian and others that you've met.

Michelle Gomez had a big sheet of paper at her table at a con, and if you went to her for an autograph, she asked that you sign her paper too. I drew Homer Simpson saying, "Mmmmm, Missy ..." and she laughed like it was the funniest thing ever.

Doctor Who airtime confirmed for 6:45pm GMT. Fantastic news for the show; the fact that the BBC have given it the prestigious 7pm weekend time slot shows a lot of confidence in the new era, and the lead-in from Countryfile should result in very high viewing figures.

I really feel like we're entering a new golden era.

Jealous! She's a favourite of mine. They do all seem to be fantastic people. We saw Tennant and Billie Piper at ACCC the other year and they were both lovely. The line for Tennant was outrageous, but he made time for people even as they were being rushed through by his handlers. Billie Piper gave my wife a hug after she signed her Rose Pop!

Just watched Jodie Whittaker on Graham Norton, and you can immediately tell the show is in safe hands. Jodie Whittaker seems so much like the Doctor when she's just being herself, and in the clip they showed (the same one that leaked a while back) there's no denying that's who she is.

She's just phenomenal, the way she says the lines with a delivery that's like a mix of Tom Baker and Matt Smith. And what lines too - in that one scene alone there are so many quotable pieces of dialogue ('Just a moment ago I was a white-haired Scotsman', 'It's right there on the tip of my...what's that?', 'That's a pity because I'm looking for a Doctor'...

If that one scene has that many quotable lines, then imagine how many are in the episode.

I really feel like the show's entering a new golden era.

Why's nobody else talking about Jodie Whittaker's Graham Norton appearance, and the clip that came from it?

Where is everyone?

The forums have been on the fritz for the past day and a half.

She seems pretty perfect from the recent released clip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"