You Get A Prize, Honey - The 'Doctor Who' Thread

I recently re-watched all the "new" seasons from Eccleson to Capaldi. My 10 year old daughter started out being in the room when they were on, doing her own thing, to asking every day after she got out of school "Are we watching some Who today?" Her favorite Doctor is Matt Smith. Surprisingly, her second favorite is Capaldi. She absolutely adores Clara. I recently had to buy her a Clara action figure and a Tardis that it can stand by. Last weekend we went to her first comic con....the highlight of it for her was they had a life size TARDIS and a life size Dalek that she got her picture taken with. She is wanting to watch more WHO so much that I got out my 3 DVD box of the very first 3 WHO adventures starring Hartnell. We just finished the first adventure AN UNEARTHLY CHILD and she liked it. I honestly didn't think she would go for it because it was in black and white and not as flashy and quick as the newer ones are....but she liked it. Looks like I'm going to have start looking for more DVDs. As she says now....."I'm a Whovian....and I want some new adventures."
You daughter is not only great with the craftsmanship, she also has great taste in Doctors and companions. :woot:

This is a scale model of a Doctor Who Thread!

I recently re-watched all the "new" seasons from Eccleson to Capaldi. My 10 year old daughter started out being in the room when they were on, doing her own thing, to asking every day after she got out of school "Are we watching some Who today?" Her favorite Doctor is Matt Smith. Surprisingly, her second favorite is Capaldi. She absolutely adores Clara. I recently had to buy her a Clara action figure and a Tardis that it can stand by. Last weekend we went to her first comic con....the highlight of it for her was they had a life size TARDIS and a life size Dalek that she got her picture taken with. She is wanting to watch more WHO so much that I got out my 3 DVD box of the very first 3 WHO adventures starring Hartnell. We just finished the first adventure AN UNEARTHLY CHILD and she liked it. I honestly didn't think she would go for it because it was in black and white and not as flashy and quick as the newer ones are....but she liked it. Looks like I'm going to have start looking for more DVDs. As she says now....."I'm a Whovian....and I want some new adventures."

Is she too old to get scared by weeping angels for example? I'd imagine scary episodes to be big part of the fun for a girl that age.

So apparently [blackout] the new companion is gay. [/blackout]

BBC is apparently making a big deal about it, but it does not seem very new, considering a particular person the Doctor has traveled with before.

Technically Captain Jack isn't gay, he'll **** anything with mitochondria.

Captain Jack is the true pansexual, he would screw anything and has almost everything if he is to be believed.

It's unique in that it's a full-time companion, but I don't think Moffat is planning to redo the level of work he put into Danny Pink with/if Bill's love interest.

I would avoid Doctor Who news for a while. A fairly large and important spoiler is floating around. I looked, and am kind of excited.

I don't know how I feel about the new spoilers to be quite frank.

Does it still qualify as a spoiler when it was on the BBC's site?

Honestly I kind of wish it'd been left as a surprise.

Yeah, really. It was kind of hard to miss when it is splashed on the main page of BBC News.

So UK'ers. How was the season premiere?

Series 10 trailer

[YT]D06XTxXAP8k[/YT]

Most fun I've had watching a Capaldi-era episode. Bill is shaping up to be a good companion, and she's already much more likeable than Capaldi-Era Clara.

It's unique in that it's a full-time companion, but I don't think Moffat is planning to redo the level of work he put into Danny Pink with/if Bill's love interest.

From what we've seen in the first episode, there is little of Clara's maidenly reserve in this new companion; Bill will be chasing skirts week after week it seems like.

Yeah, I liked the episode. Bill is definitely a lot more likable than the previews let on. And her story in this was was good. I felt bad for her.

I expect much rage that River was put on the same level as Susan. Though I liked that he did have those pictures on his desk.

Looked like it was to me. And it would make sense, I think.

I loved this episode. As others have said, Bill is way more likable than the previews made her seem. Although her accent was a bit hard to understand at times--but that might just be my American ears.

The season preview made it look like it's going to be a great season. Hope they led Capaldi go out with a bang. He never got the writing he deserved, but this season may change that.

Lol, it's hard to judge with one episode only, but Bill's likability might be that she comes across as a goofy straight man in a lesbian's body. I mean, she's trying to get laid with French fries for heaven's sake. :funny:

I liked Bill but thought overall the premier was just "thats it?"

The main reason I liked it was because it gave us almost a full episode of Capaldi's whimsical side. He was a lot more playful in this episode than before.

I hope they keep that feeling up throughout the season.

Damn... Missed this. Hopefully it's up On Demand soon.

I think after the last two series, we've been inundated with so much "companion mythology" that an episode that is essentially a reset to the old days, when you have a self-contained story that contains only a hint at an overarching long-term story, that it seems odd. While I like the Clara saga, I am also glad an episode like this has launched this new series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"