Does any here juggle school and work?

GoldenAgeHero

Avenger
Reaction score
i was wondering if anyone here juggling both school and job, if so is it hard to jugle the two?

Dude, just get a job and find out. You can always quit if you get callouses or anything else unpleasant.

It all depends on scheduling. I olny go to class Tuesdays and Thursdays and work Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday.

school sucks. work sucks. Have them both, and wel...they both suck.

There's not really any getting around it.

I need school, and I need to work so I can get cash so I can further my education. After highschool.

I graduated in 2004, but I did work all through college....and ever since *ugh*

I go to school but I don't work.:up: Either way,juggling school & the Hype is pretty hard.:o Speaking of which, I need to start on my homework soon.:(

You aren't the first person here or anywhere to have to juggle a job and school. I was doing the same workload as you and was still doing 30-40 hours a week.

I didn't even register for my classes yet, but I'll be going to school Mon-Thurs and working over the 3 day weekend.

Car insurance + Cell phone Bill =:down

I was a produce manager for a small grocery store from May '05-Jul'06 with 40 hours a week with overtime atleast one week every month. I had evening classes 2-3 nights a week and then for spring had a day class twice a week. It sucks. I could've done a better job juggling both. I quit my job and I'm going full time for university during the week in the fall.

Yup, when I was going to college...I worked 40 hrs a week, working graveyard shift and going to school 4 days a week. I would get off from work have about an hour to eat and get to class, get done with class go home, eat and do whatever else I needed to do, then beddy bye time, then get up and do it all over again.

I used to juggle work and high school, and that was easy...and soon as school starts and I find an new job I'll be doing the same with college

I kind of am now,but I only go to school once a week at night.Trade school and they are harsh. :mad:

When I was younger,college age,I was working 2 jobs and going to school.Some how I found time to skateboard :confused:

well i gues i have to go towork in the fall since i have to pay for my tuition out of pocket...my financial aid cut me off.....:( hopefully i get it back for spring.

It's okay when youre young and full of energy,but when you get older and you have to do it :down

Geez GAH. You are make it sound like you are carrying the weight of the world on your schedule. Try swinging full time work and full time school at the same time.

Erzengel said:
Geez GAH. You are make it sound like you are carrying the weight of the world on your schedule. Try swinging full time work and full time school at the same time.

heh, i never said that. i guess im just use to my laziness to juggle both.

full time work and school, never, that automatically guarantees my ass to fail all my classes.

why did you do that anyways?

Cause I reached an age when I stopped wanting to ask my parents to buy me things.

Erzengel said:
Cause I reached an age when I stopped wanting to ask my parents to buy me things.

but why do both full time?

the only thing i ask my mom to buy me is a box of dougnuts when she goes and buys groceries. she usually buys me a shirt here and there, but she never asks for my permission, she just goes and buys them. but that barely happens now.

but yeah, looks like im heading for a part time job in the fall, if i can find one.

I juggle college and work. Won't be able to do it next year, though. :( I actually like my job and leaving will be sad.

Full time = more money + I somewhat applied myself and got Bs.

You should have at least worked over the summer to kinda get you into the groove before starting what I'm assuming is your junior or senior year with more advanced classes.

I always figured I was a late bloomer working the summer before I started college but oh well.

It depends. My freshman year of college I went to school full-time (15 units) and worked part-time. But I got fired so now I just worry about school.:o

Erzengel said:
Full time = more money + I somewhat applied myself and got Bs.

You should have at least worked over the summer to kinda get you into the groove before starting what I'm assuming is your junior or senior year with more advanced classes.

I always figured I was a late bloomer working the summer before I started college but oh well.

ughhhhh. technically im still a junior, defiency of credits for my major. im late on everything.

Here's my schedule for the fall: Class Mon, Wed, Fri 9-2 and Tues, Thurs 11-12, and 3-6

Work MWF 3-Midnight, and Sat/Sun whatever they schedule me. Also stepping up to be a frontend supervisor.

Tues and Thurs mornings, and between classes I will have band practice, Tuesday nights we'll have gigs, Thursday nights I'm coming back to my hometown to hang out with my girlfriend...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"