Sequels Does Anyone think a Sinister 6 is evn Possible?

CrypticOne

Poetic Violence
Reaction score
I hate to be the guy that downs something, but come on. There is no way we will ever see a Sinister 6 in the movies. Now, I'm just being realistic. You seen what happened with the X-Men movies. Too much characters and they start killing off the characters that don't need to be killed.

Sorry if this is in the wrong spot. Move if necessary.

It's the same reason why we won't see the symbiote's original comic origin.. Too much information to cram in 1 movie.

Even in the comics, the amalgamation of the original sinister 6 took several comics.

There's origins and reasons to fill in as well as pasts (what have they been doing between their origin and now)

It's not made for the movie format... Now if Spider-Man ever became a live action TV series.... again lol

I have to agree... but who knows... i'm sure they are bringing back Ock... if Sony could just get the rights to King Pin... I'd think that would be a great idea... he could be a minor villain in all three movies (4/5/6)... finally in SM6... getting six other guys to take out Spidey... that is if we never get Carnage or Venom in SM6... it makes for a very intriguing plot... rather than mad scientists going beserk every time...

DroolingforGwen said:
I have to agree... but who knows... i'm sure they are bringing back Ock... if Sony could just get the rights to King Pin... I'd think that would be a great idea... he could be a minor villain in all three movies (4/5/6)... finally in SM6... getting six other guys to take out Spidey... that is if we never get Carnage or Venom in SM6... it makes for a very intriguing plot... rather than mad scientists going beserk every time...

haha what's better than 1 mad scientist going nuts?

6 of them!! lol
jk

but seriously that's what it will end up being if the motif continues

We are probably going to c Dr. Conner's going beserk in the next one.... I'm just wondering who else they may throw in there... but I definitely see a King Pin ark that could work in the next trilogy... maybe even throw in the Black Cat... the other villains should be scorpion, mysterio, electro... those are the main guys you need...

If they made a Sinister 6 movie, which I highly doubt, how'd Spidey survive? Against Doc Ock and Green Goblin, the Spidey suit wasn't looking wonderful, lets face it, he was getting tore apart. The only way he would survive is if the 6 turned against eachother.

Where has it been said that there will be more than the third film? I have only heard rumors from fanboys who seem to think its true. I highly doubt that there will be enough material to please anyone else besides the fanboys beyond a fourth movie...unless they want to do a clone saga for 4,5, and 6. Which would just piss people off.

And not to mention, I remember reading somewhere that Tobey Maguire doesn't want to do anymore past 3.

Zombie-tastic said:
Where has it been said that there will be more than the third film? I have only heard rumors from fanboys who seem to think its true. I highly doubt that there will be enough material to please anyone else besides the fanboys beyond a fourth movie...unless they want to do a clone saga for 4,5, and 6. Which would just piss people off.

And not to mention, I remember reading somewhere that Tobey Maguire doesn't want to do anymore past 3.
Its been a while, but it was on this site that the Sony execs wanted to do 6 films and Raimi was welcome to stay if he chose to do so .

I wish they signed everyone for one more and finished the series off with Venom and Lizard... I think carnage would be too much to fit in... but six movies??? You know at some point (sooner than later) it's all going to collapse... how much more can you delve into the relationship between Peter and MJ and Gwen after this one... there is just not much more to tell... with the exception of us fanboys... know one wants to see wackos in costumes like electro and mysterio... eventually you just can not avoid stupidity... his best friend is gone after this... the story is over... what is left to tell??? You can maybe further develop other characters at the bugle but even Jameson may get old after SM3/4... xmen is different because of the depth it has... but not Spiderman. THe only story left is Conners and the symbiate... after number SM3 at least... the only way I see a new trilogy standing up is if more central characters are introduced... which is why I brought up Black Cat and King Pin... the villains just keep getting more implausible as we progress... I just think it is destined to fail... not to mention recasting and changing writers directors... which is a very reasonable concern after this one

DroolingforGwen said:
We are probably going to c Dr. Conner's going beserk in the next one.... I'm just wondering who else they may throw in there... but I definitely see a King Pin ark that could work in the next trilogy... maybe even throw in the Black Cat... the other villains should be scorpion, mysterio, electro... those are the main guys you need...

Sorry kid, but some of those just would NOT work...assuming that a Sinister 6 could. I made a list of every Spidey villain I could think of at one point, and thought over how/if they would work in a Spidey movie, and taken seriously...

1. Venom - the Number one guy everyone is dying to see or never see. Depending on how they work with him, it COULD work, but the way things appaer to be going right now, we're gonna get some stupid Venom that kids with PhotoShop can make vetter verisons of (no offence guys, love ya'lls work!)
2. Carnage - Cool to see? Hell yes! Kletis was insane BEFORE the Carnage symbiote got a hold of him, but I don't think it would work. Hell, let's face teh facts, Carnage BARELY worked in teh comic...
3. Mysterio - one word: Fishbowl. Nuff said.
4. Lizard - if done right, you bet it could work. i'd love to see the emotions Spidey runs through trying to subdue Lizard, knowing he can't hurt Conners.
5. Scorpion - One question, is he can't take his suit off, how does he go to teh bathroom?
6. Rhino - See Scorpion. Also, why would we want some dumb*** running around hitting stuff? We already got Hulk and Juggernuat for that, thanks anyway Marvel...
7. Green Goblin 2/Hobgoblin - I'd like to see a Hobby soon.
8. Sandman - what else can he do other than make a big fist of sand? Yo Spidey! One word: Dustdevil.
9. Kraven - OH HELL YEAH! The one guy, ever, with no superpowers, to subdue Spidey. He found a way to beat Spidey's Spider Sence. Couple the greatest hunter with Lizard, and you got a movie!
10. Vulture - I just don't see it happening...
11. Shocker - as a minor, secondary villain, yes. AS teh main baddie, no.
12. Hammerhead - HAHA! Yeah Right!
13. King Pin - I wish that they'd get teh rights for K.P. Awesome guy...
14. The Spider Slayers - Genious if done right...
15. Electro - If done right...
16. Cameleon - Perhaps as a secondary bad guy...

Those are all I can think of right now...

The Redux 714 said:
Sorry kid, but some of those just would NOT work...assuming that a Sinister 6 could. I made a list of every Spidey villain I could think of at one point, and thought over how/if they would work in a Spidey movie, and taken seriously...

1. Venom - the Number one guy everyone is dying to see or never see. Depending on how they work with him, it COULD work, but the way things appaer to be going right now, we're gonna get some stupid Venom that kids with PhotoShop can make vetter verisons of (no offence guys, love ya'lls work!)
2. Carnage - Cool to see? Hell yes! Kletis was insane BEFORE the Carnage symbiote got a hold of him, but I don't think it would work. Hell, let's face teh facts, Carnage BARELY worked in teh comic...
3. Mysterio - one word: Fishbowl. Nuff said.
4. Lizard - if done right, you bet it could work. i'd love to see the emotions Spidey runs through trying to subdue Lizard, knowing he can't hurt Conners.
5. Scorpion - One question, is he can't take his suit off, how does he go to teh bathroom?
6. Rhino - See Scorpion. Also, why would we want some dumb*** running around hitting stuff? We already got Hulk and Juggernuat for that, thanks anyway Marvel...
7. Green Goblin 2/Hobgoblin - I'd like to see a Hobby soon.
8. Sandman - what else can he do other than make a big fist of sand? Yo Spidey! One word: Dustdevil.
9. Kraven - OH HELL YEAH! The one guy, ever, with no superpowers, to subdue Spidey. He found a way to beat Spidey's Spider Sence. Couple the greatest hunter with Lizard, and you got a movie!
10. Vulture - I just don't see it happening...
11. Shocker - as a minor, secondary villain, yes. AS teh main baddie, no.
12. Hammerhead - HAHA! Yeah Right!
13. King Pin - I wish that they'd get teh rights for K.P. Awesome guy...
14. The Spider Slayers - Genious if done right...
15. Electro - If done right...
16. Cameleon - Perhaps as a secondary bad guy...

Those are all I can think of right now...

Hey... we are in agreement on most of the stuff... as far as the Sinister Six... i'll admit it would be cheezy and I don't see it happening... just throwing out possibilities of how it MIGHT work... i pretty much agree it should be Lizard/Kraven if Venom is gone for SM4... I do think mysterio can be cool as a behind the scenes villain however... boy I'd love to see King Pin as a minor villain in all three future films... you could pair him with Elector/Rhino/Shocker or whatever... I don't think we need an official Sinister Six... just thugs in the same mob or something... King Pin could easily have three/four guys (Rhino/ Electro/ Shocker/Scorpion)... sorta like a mini brotherhood... i'm not saying this would work... just ideas to think about... plus it gives those villains a motive if they are working for someone and not just trying to kill Spiderman... but make the boss some doe as well... but after the Lizard... there may be no more stories to tell

I think the closest we'll get is a 'terrible two' or something.......

Where you have say Rhino and Scorpion working together for the first half of the film as 'supervillians'...spidey deals with them to then spend the rest of the film taking care of a main villian like The Lizard , a goblin , Kingpin , etc......

Pretty much like I think Sandman will be used in the next film.......

I think that they would only pick villians that they could do visually stunning things. First Green Goblin, then Doc Ock, and now Sandman, and Venom, and maybe Harry as Green Goblin. They would never do a movie on Rhino or Scorpion.

You could make Scorpion pretty impressive I think......

Scorpion is a good villain... He is essentially Venom in the sense that he was created specifically to be anti-spiderman.

it's a shame he's a b-rogue though :(

Reikowolf said:
Scorpion is a good villain... He is essentially Venom in the sense that he was created specifically to be anti-spiderman.

it's a shame he's a b-rogue though :(

I dunno... I never thought he was very interesting. And I think his tail would come off a little too similar to Doc Ock's tentacles(visually).

having six villains who nearly beat spidey in their own right come together and STILL fail pretty much puts a shambles on each of the individual films and attempts they made prior and does nothing but tarnish multiple villains in one big swoop.

villain team ups are anti-synergetic.

might as well put spidey in a room with one hundred ninjas kill bill style if you want that kinda over the top unbelievable action.

:o

SpiderB said:
I dunno... I never thought he was very interesting. And I think his tail would come off a little too similar to Doc Ock's tentacles(visually).

Well that's exactly it.. he was written as a b-rogue but they could have made him into a really good villain.

If Sam Raimi is going to do the next three movies, the sinister 6 will be in Spider-Man 6. He is building up to the final battle with all of the villians from the first 5. GG, Doc Ok, Venom, Sandman and whatever other two villians they will have in 4 and 5.

isn't Ock dead, and if not bringing him back would make no sense after his ending in Spiderman 2.

His arms could have pulled him to saftey. Norman Osbourne in the comics was impalled by his glider and he came back. So it is very likely.

I too don't see it happening, but I certainly believe that it's possible - if the right people with the right budget and vision made it happen. :rolleyes: All they'd have to do is have the villains featured in all the prior movies (assuming that this Sinister 6 movie would be in the far future, after many Spiderman movies have already been made), so origins would not be a problem. Secondly, base it as closely as movie-ly possible to Adam-Troy Castro's brilliant "Sinister Six" trilogy, or at least on the latter 2 books in the trilogy. They're written very well (bad grammar editing, but that wouldn't translate to the screen at all), and even addresses the problem Odin's Lapdog pointed out - at the end of it all, you still have respect for these villains, despite the overall failure. Read it if you haven't already, and hopefully you'll see what I mean. :D But I tell ya - I've been dying to see a movie made of this story ever since I read it.

Agent Thermal said:
Read it if you haven't already, and hopefully you'll see what I mean. :D But I tell ya - I've been dying to see a movie made of this story ever since I read it.

Castro's Sinister Six trilogy is one of the greatest Spider-Man stories I've ever read.Talk about a suspenseful story :up:

But we'll never see that kind of greatness in these movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"