Does Joker ever find out Batman's identity in 89?

From here I thought Joker never actually knew who Batman specifically was. I had the impression he kind of knew but Jack Napier probably killed lots of people like he killed the Waynes.

I think the one line that really confuses it all is the "I was a kid when I killed your parents." I think that makes it pretty obvious he remembers the Wayne murders. Now, I guess, it's sorta confusing to think, y'know, how does Joker remember one specific murder from years ago, but it makes a bit of sense. I mean, murdering the two most famous people in Gotham had to be quite a memorable event.

I didn't think of that. I always assumed Napoier didn't fully know who were those guys.

I don't know how he could avoid it. I mean, Napier/Joker may have been a pretty psychopathic guy, but he had to have remembered his kills. And seeing "Millionaire (or Billionaire) Waynes Murdered in an Alley" on the front page of a paper the day after you tried to knock over a well to-do couple had to be pretty obvious.

I guess, it is sorta weird Joker would remember Bruce quite so quickly. "Hey, you're the kid who's parents I shot 30 years ago!", but eh, that's a pretty minor quibble to me.

it plays much better in the movie than in any scripted version. it feels like grand opera in the final film.

Catman said:
Sam Hamm's script was based on Tim Burton's 30-page treatment, so obviously Burton had a major influence.
Not really... they were quite different. From what I remember, the Burton/Hickson treatment had more in common with the Mankiewicz scripts, story-wise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"