Logan Does the events of "Logan" ruin "Days of Future Past" for you?

Honestly Logan wouldn't even be remembered for me when/if I watch another X-Man film. Just a bleak depressing unsatisfying possible future.

They COULD do an AHS style thing and keep the actors but just reboot the series at the same time.

Singer said this back in January of 2016:

It’s not leading necessarily toward exactly where we found Patrick Stewart and the X-Men at the beginning of X-Men 1. There are some things that lead in that general direction, that was part of the philosophy we had at the end of Days of Future Past is that you can’t fully change the course or current of the river, but you can just divert it a little bit, and we diverted it a little bit. So some things will be surprises; people could die that were alive in X-Men 1, 2 and 3, or people could survive that died during 1, 2 and 3.

“What happens when you use Days of Future Past to erase movies like X1, 2 and 3, yes you can erase those events that occurred, but I also was very adamant about having what we call ‘The Tivo Scene.’ The scene in that room with all the video cameras in Days of Future Past, I call it the Tivo scene. ‘I developed this piece of technology that records television;’ the point is time’s immutability. The idea that time is like a river. You can splash it and mess it up and throw rocks in it and shatter it but it eventually kind of coalesces and this is, again, quantum physics theory. It’s all based in quantum physics.”

So I wonder if Mangold was playing with this idea as well.

Yeah why keep the actors? Reboot should be a fresh start.

reboot isn't happening,and if it was then they should scrap deadpool sequels and X-force.and they aren't doing that.they are doing another X-Men film with apocalypse cast.

Last thing i want is fox treating deadpool as quilvent of stark in MCU.

Singer said this back in January of 2016:

So I wonder if Mangold was playing with this idea as well.

here is the thing.Singer very clearly in quote you mentioned admitted DOFP did erase entire X-Men trilogy.

here is where it gets tricky though clearly both singer and kinberg are going
with some things will be similar to trilogy as we saw in future ending of DOFP
as well as apocalypse and Logan.even deadpool had a mansion and hanger similar to what we would expect from X-Men.

Alexandra Shipp recently desribed the storm she plays as still younger version of halle berry's storm.

I really liked the ending of Days of Future Past. So yeah....as far as ruining that ending...yeah this movie did. Now...if they make a sequel to Logan and show some of the X-men are still alive then that'd be nice...then i'd be more ok with it.

For example if this movie showed Eden was a place that Magneto was running to keep mutants safe, and you saw a few xmen in the background like cyclops, storm, etc...then i think that would of been pretty neat.

reboot isn't happening,and if it was then they should scrap deadpool sequels and X-force.and they aren't doing that.they are doing another X-Men film with apocalypse cast.

Last thing i want is fox treating deadpool as quilvent of stark in MCU.

Again , even if Deadpool is the first film of the series. It Doesn't mean he would act like as one of the X-Men. That's what X-Force is for and the defacto leader of that is gonna be Cable.

Just now saw this. Absolutely not.

1. It's literally one ambiguous line about this Westchester event and a couple of exchanges between the "married couple", Logan and Charles.
2. Set in the unaltered timeline wherein either the sentinels haven't happened or did happen and they somehow outlived that.
3. As much as I enjoyed this movie, DOFP is still somehow the better film.

Just now saw this. Absolutely not.

1. It's literally one ambiguous line about this Westchester event and a couple of exchanges between the "married couple", Logan and Charles.
2. Set in the unaltered timeline wherein either the sentinels haven't happened or did happen and they somehow outlived that.
3. As much as I enjoyed this movie, DOFP is still somehow the better film.

Its not.

To mangold himself i wouldn't be shocked if in his mind when making this movie the X-Men were dead because if you read between the lines its clear Logan and charles are alone and the X-Men are historical now when there is no reason why they should be if some were alive.

To mangold himself i wouldn't be shocked if in his mind when making this movie the X-Men were dead because if you read between the lines its clear Logan and charles are alone and the X-Men are historical now when there is no reason why they should be if some were alive.
It's hard to tell isn't it. I mean if we are to believe the timeline is the continued one from Apocalypse then Jean is a very strong mutant. She should be able to withstand whatever the Professor has done/doing. I can understand if maybe the Professor killed characters like Cyclops, Storm, Rogue etc. And we've seen how it doesn't effect Logan as much as other people so he can withstand it.

Makes me think that if there were any survivors then it must've been a joint decision for Logan to take the Professor away because he isn't as effected by the attacks as others might be.

The numerical listing is checking off all my options.

I actually like how Logan flipped what was the integral relationship of DOFP.

To mangold himself i wouldn't be shocked if in his mind when making this movie the X-Men were dead because if you read between the lines its clear Logan and Charles are alone and the X-Men are historical now when there is no reason why they should be if some were alive.
Even if some were alive, we've seen how Logan has handled the loss of a few X-Men before and now that number has gone up to 7.

Makes me think that if there were any survivors then it must've been a joint decision for Logan to take the Professor away because he isn't as effected by the attacks as others might be.
Exactly. He's crankier now than ever not just because he can't heal as well, but coupled with those losses, he's also got the burden of "taking care" of the Professor.

I still say "separate universe", like the Old Man Logan world of the comic books.

OR it's set in the unaltered timeline, Timeline 1, where the Sentinels never happened.

So basically:

X-Men Origins
X1
X2
Last Stand
Logan

Last edited:
Singer, January 2016:

It’s not leading necessarily toward exactly where we found Patrick Stewart and the X-Men at the beginning of X-Men 1. There are some things that lead in that general direction, that was part of the philosophy we had at the end of Days of Future Past is that you can’t fully change the course or current of the river, but you can just divert it a little bit, and we diverted it a little bit. So some things will be surprises; people could die that were alive in X-Men 1, 2 and 3, or people could survive that died during 1, 2 and 3.
“What happens when you use Days of Future Past to erase movies like X1, 2 and 3, yes you can erase those events that occurred, but I also was very adamant about having what we call ‘The Tivo Scene.’ The scene in that room with all the video cameras in Days of Future Past, I call it the Tivo scene. ‘I developed this piece of technology that records television;’ the point is time’s immutability. The idea that time is like a river. You can splash it and mess it up and throw rocks in it and shatter it but it eventually kind of coalesces and this is, again, quantum physics theory. It’s all based in quantum physics.”

So basically, the happy ending of DOFP means that time has finally corrected itself.

The peaceful ending of The Last Stand was the first happy ending of the saga. It was the unaltered, original timeline and the way things were meant to be. Always.

Timeline 1:

Origins
The X1-X3 Trilogy

The Sentinels' future was a divergence. First Class was a divergence. Some powerful mutant just travelled back in time and changed some events, as well as altering some pivotal lives.

That's how you got the bleak and apocalyptic Timeline 2:

First Class
Altered Origins
Altered X1-X3 Trilogy
The Wolverine
DOFP 2023

You know the rest. Time corrected itself with DOFP and you got the happy 2023 ending.

That's why "Logan" is a separate universe.

Last edited:
Singer, January 2016:

So basically, the happy ending of DOFP means that time has finally corrected itself.

The peaceful ending of The Last Stand was the first happy ending of the saga. It was the unaltered, original timeline and the way things were meant to be. Always.

Timeline 1:

Origins
The X1-X3 Trilogy

The Sentinels' future was a divergence. First Class was a divergence. Some powerful mutant just travelled back in time and changed some events, as well as altering some pivotal lives.

That's how you got the bleak and apocalyptic Timeline 2:

First Class
Altered Origins
Altered X1-X3 Trilogy
The Wolverine
DOFP 2023

You know the rest. Time corrected itself with DOFP and you got the happy 2023 ending.

That's why "Logan" is a separate universe.
I get what you're saying but how does The Wolverine fit into the altered timeline? Because we know Jean is dead in that time as well as Scott and the Professor (supposedly), but it's in the altered time so what? Jean died again? Also Apocalypse has to figure in there somewhere too. I get the altered timeline but like I said we are to believe that First Class, DoFP, Apocalypse leads into the new altered X1-X3 and Jean, Scott etc still die and then the events are changed with DoFP.

The Wolverine is a direct continuation of Last Stand and Origins. Those movies are referenced in The Wolverine as well as flashbacks. DoFP too shows Logan killing Jean in Last Stand.

X-film continuity means nothing to me so no. I want them to make the best possible X-films without any restrictions from this horribly convoluted past.

I get what you're saying but how does The Wolverine fit into the altered timeline? Because we know Jean is dead in that time as well as Scott and the Professor (supposedly), but it's in the altered time so what? Jean died again? Also Apocalypse has to figure in there somewhere too. I get the altered timeline but like I said we are to believe that First Class, DoFP, Apocalypse leads into the new altered X1-X3 and Jean, Scott etc still die and then the events are changed with DoFP.

The Wolverine is a direct continuation of Last Stand and Origins. Those movies are referenced in The Wolverine as well as flashbacks. DoFP too shows Logan killing Jean in Last Stand.

In the second timeline, alternate versions of Origins and the X1-X3 Trilogy occurred anyway.

It's more confusing to me that the Westchester Incident took place only a year before the events of Logan. The hell? Maybe you could make the case that Charles got sick quite soon after we last saw him in 2023/24 at the end of DOFP, but even then we see Logan (who is much younger and capable) just as f'd up only 5 years later-- again though, only 1 year [from the Westchester Incident] which doesn't make any sense. And yeah, the radio said only 7 X-Men members died along with a number of other people (or mutant students, can't remember). Surely some are still out there.

Also-- with that comment from Logan about the lack of mutant births for 20 years, I'm assuming some House of M-type of **** went down in the 2000s. Maybe the new movies will reach that point in time and explain what happened.

Cyclops
Jean
Storm
Beast
Colossus
Kitty
Rogue
Iceman

... I legit thought I could name more but I can't. Even then that's 8. The 8 we saw at the end of DOFP. I was gonna rule Rogue out but she was in the comics that Laura had, so she must have been a member to have that type of influence.

So... one is alive at least!..

And yeah, the radio said only 7 X-Men members died along with a number of other people (or mutant students, can't remember). Surely some are still out there.
Actually just 7 death total, "among which members of the X..." So could even be that only 1/2 X-Men died and the rest is just students.

Actually just 7 death total, "among which members of the X..." So could even be that only 1/2 X-Men died and the rest is just students.

now doudful we see anything post logan except X-23 solo inless X-force is set post Logan but wo knows who was killed.we know 7 died when xavier lost control.the radio report hints among those 7 are members of X-men but we don't know if all 7 were X-men.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"