Super Mario Donkey Kong Country Returns

But, the Kremlings?

What I loved about the DKC series was the feeling. I am happy about this new DKC game, but it doesn't feel like a Donkey Kong Country game. There was a feeling of warped reality in the old games, and at least the vibe I got from the videos, was a little more Mario Bros, than DKC.

That said, I am happy that the minecarts are back, and the barrel blasting is too. Diddy Kong is back. So I will remain suspiciously happy until I see some Kremlings wreaking havoc.

OK. After watching a little more about this game, I am feeling more optimistic about this. Just watched the minecart level entirely, and it feels like a DKC game after all. I just wish to see some Kremlings though.

You are correct. Same 2D platforming. I guess then all Halos suck since it's just the same shooting gameplay. Or Uncharted 2 sucked since it was just 'more of the same.'

So, you are saying all the Halo games have the same graphics???? :whatever:
We already have DKC1...2..3... Nintendo knows it can't offer on the graphics, so what do they do, they play with our nostolgic feelings by offering previous game remakes. I know DKC Returns isn't a remake, but it will be DKC that we know from SNES, just with a brand new story and maybe a little upgrade. The new GoldenEye is the perfect example, did you see the trailer........ the graphics is N64/Gamecube graphics...

DK works best as a 2D platformer, or have you forgotten the abomination that is DK64? Plus we only know a fraction of what the game offers, and if there is one thing I've learned about Retro, is that there is usually alot involved in their games.

Plus it's a sequel, not a remake. It's as much an updated version of the original as any other sequel out there.

DK64 was the bomb, what the bad place are you talking about?????

We don't need a WiiHD, the games are fine as they are. HD does not make everything better.

Wait for the next console of Nintendo's it'll be in HD.

Yes, HD does make everything better, it's like saying Nintendo DS doesn't need 3D. It's the future, everybody has an HDTV, saying that the Wii doesn't need HD it's an excuse. Oh well, it's too late for Wii HD

I really hope the Bonus Level theme is back... that was actually my favorite DKC song. I used to hang around in the level just to hear it.

We already have DKC1...2..3... Nintendo knows it can't offer on the graphics, so what do they do, they play with our nostolgic feelings by offering previous game remakes. I know DKC Returns isn't a remake, but it will be DKC that we know from SNES, just with a brand new story and maybe a little upgrade.
The same can be said of Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, and Twilight Princess. All of them played identical to Ocarina of Time.

This is such a stupid argument that is only being made because the game is a 2D platformer. DKCR has as much in common with the SNES games as SMBW did with SMW or SMB3. The nostalgia argument is so ****ing annoying. How many years have people been clamoring for a SMB3 sequel. We basically get one in NSMBW and people still ***** about it. Make up your mind. Do you want a new game that plays the same or something different? :facepalm:

The new GoldenEye is the perfect example, did you see the trailer........ the graphics is N64/Gamecube graphics...
That's Activision, not Nintendo.

Yes, HD does make everything better, it's like saying Nintendo DS doesn't need 3D. It's the future, everybody has an HDTV, saying that the Wii doesn't need HD it's an excuse. Oh well, it's too late for Wii HD
Everyone does not have an HDTV and not everyone uses their HDTV to play games. A Wii HD wouldn't do anything anyway since the games don't support 720p/1080p.

maybe its just me, but i remembered the characters models looking better on the SNES than in this one, so i looked it up on youtube, and its blurry, but they still kind of look better:huh:

We already have DKC1...2..3... Nintendo knows it can't offer on the graphics, so what do they do, they play with our nostolgic feelings by offering previous game remakes. I know DKC Returns isn't a remake, but it will be DKC that we know from SNES, just with a brand new story and maybe a little upgrade. The new GoldenEye is the perfect example, did you see the trailer........ the graphics is N64/Gamecube graphics...

Goldeneye is Activision...and we all know just how much time they put into their games...you can't blame Nintendo for that.

Also, you are arguing that better graphics makes the game a 'real' sequel? So you are saying that since it's a 2d platformer, that the graphics won't be any better? That stupid even for a fanboy. Halo with better graphics is still a shooter with little difference in the gameplay from the previous entries. Your argument fails on so many levels and is just silly.

It will look much better than the SNES games simply due to the fact that the old games were 16-bit games and the new systems are a long ways away from that. If you are not planning on playing the game, why are you even worried about it?

The bitterness is wonderful. :funny:

DK64 was the bomb, what the bad place are you talking about?????

I know many people liked it, I just didn't. It had all the design flaws that mark most of Rare's work, and the rest they copied from Mario 64. Pretty much the reason MS has relegated them to Kinect/casual stuff instead of having them make actual games anymore.

Like Spidey said, not everyone owns an HD tv. The people that come to boards like these and argue over silliness and think that HD is the greatest thing evah! are the minority. We don't really matter in the stream of things, or didn't MS and Sony's E3 presentations prove that to you.

Like I said earlier, HD is nice, but it's not necessary. I have an HD tv and I'm just as good with the Wii's output as I am with my 360s.

Last edited:
maybe its just me, but i remembered the characters models looking better on the SNES than in this one, so i looked it up on youtube, and its blurry, but they still kind of look better:huh:

I know many people liked it, I just didn't. It had all the design flaws that mark most of Rare's work, and the rest they copied from Mario 64. Pretty much the reason MS has relegated them to Kinect/casual stuff instead of having them make actual games anymore.

That's not the reason. Rare has been awful this gen. Perfect Dark Zero was mediocre. Viva Pinata was a niche game and belonged on the PC. B-K:Nuts and Bolts is another niche game. I absolutely loved B-K and B-T on the N64, but I have absolutely no interest in Nuts and Bolts.

That's not the reason. Rare has been awful this gen. Perfect Dark Zero was mediocre. Viva Pinata was a niche game and belonged on the PC. B-K:Nuts and Bolts is another niche game. I absolutely loved B-K and B-T on the N64, but I have absolutely no interest in Nuts and Bolts.

Actually what I meant was that their terrible game designs persist to this day which has led to most of their current stuff being horrible dreck.

PDZ, Kameo, Nuts and Bolts, Conker reloaded have all been terrible.

Viva Pinata was pretty neat, but very niche.

Rare made some decent games in the past, but they've never grown out of some of their tired game designs.

Conker Reloaded wasn't bad. It was an upgraded port of Bad Fur Day.

Which I hated. :p

Edit: Conker's Bad Fur Day that is.

Wasn't a fan of that game...at all.

You thought Nuts & Bolts was terrible?

Hmmm...you guys forget Grabbed by the Ghoulies.

Which I hated. :p

Edit: Conker's Bad Fur Day that is.

Wasn't a fan of that game...at all.

That's fine, but it was still a good game which is why I'd exclude it and DK64 from bad games. Personally, I hate every 2D arcade fighting game (except Smash Bros if you count that) but I would never count a Street Fighter game as one of Capcom's worst.

You thought Nuts & Bolts was terrible?

Hmmm...you guys forget Grabbed by the Ghoulies.

I don't like building games, I have no patience. The designs were fugly, especially Banjo and Kazooie. There was only platforming in the hub world which wasn't enough for me. I know it's not a terrible game, but I hate it.

I forgot Grabbed by the Ghoulies for a reason :o

This game looks great. IMO, this was the best announcement at E3.

^^^ Definitely. Back in the day, DKC was my favorite SNES game. I played that and Yoshi's Island for hours, more than any other game. As much as I couldn't wait for the new Zelda, this is almost what I'm most excited for.

Holy crap I'm excited about this. Next to Wario, DK is my favorite Nintendo character of ALL TIME. Back to his roots!!! bad place YEAH

Man, this game looks so much fun.
Too bad for me it's only for Wii.

This game went from 7th place on my list of Nintendo E3 Top 8 to number 4.

The only way Rare gets back into good graces is Killer Instinct 3.

Rare isn't making this game. Last game they made for Nintendo was DK 64.

Nope, this is being done by Retro, who proved themselves very competent with the awesome Metroid Prime Trilogy.

Edit: Not sure if Rare will ever be back true to form, as they have been ball and chained as MS' Kinect/Avatar lackies.

That's what happens when you make Perfect Dark Zero and Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts.

Rare has been fail as soon as Microsoft purchased them.

Nuts & Bolts, was a decent game..but should never of been attached to Banjo Kazooie.

I hope they get more freedom with there development, they were great in the snes and early 64 years.

Rare isn't making this game. Last game they made for Nintendo was DK 64.

They made Star Fox Adventures on the GameCube. They have also made various games for Nintendo's handhelds, the most recent being Viva Pinata: Pocket Paradise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"