Super Mario Donkey Kong Country Returns

Getting N64 games onto the VC is a difficult process hence why there are so few of them. Considering DK64 needed the expansion pack just to play it on the N64, you probably won't see it for awhile.

You know, I wasn't that fond of DK64. I preferred Banjo-Kazooie. Unfortunately the latest 360 Banjo game wasn't all that good. This newest DK game looks amazing though

Yeah, I thought DK64 was kind of lame. Lost a lot of magic that the SNES games had.

It came off as a cookie cutter platformer. Most of the N64 games were like that. It was saturated with run around and collect bananas, stars, puzzle pieces etc. Some really stood out, like Super Mario 64, Banjo-Kazooie and IMO Earthworm Jim. DK64 was just another one of those games. I never understood what that expansion pack did either....

I always got annoyed with the fact that you had to play through every level multiple times with every monkey/gorilla.

So? You had to replay every level in Super Mario 64 multiple times.

This game is going to be so good.Definitely worth the wait!

where the f is DK in 3d......... why are we going back to 2D Nintenod???? You can't handle 3D anymore?

where the f is DK in 3d......... why are we going back to 2D Nintenod???? You can't handle 3D anymore?

When we got it in 3D we got 64. Which nobody liked.

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everybody loved DK64, WTH are you talking about?

There were complaints amongst the fanbase after the fact. Some people liked it, then you had a vocal amount that said it detracted too much.

I never even bothered to buy DK64, I remember playing it at WalMart a few times and never enjoyed it that much... it just didn't have the magic DKC had. After SMB, I think DKC was probably the 2nd game I ever played... I can't believe it came out 16 years ago.

DKC is still the bestest game ever. I got it on the Virtual Console on my Wii and play it almost daily

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everybody loved DK64, WTH are you talking about?

I didn't.

In fact, it was DK64 that made me realize that Rare was just copying Super Mario 64 over and over again.

I didn't.

In fact, it was DK64 that made me realize that Rare was just copying Super Mario 64 over and over again.

Yes they did. With Banjo-Kazooie it was cool, but by the time the got to DK64 it was noticeable that they were following a very overdone formula

Quick Look: Donkey Kong Country Returns

I'm so glad there's another DKC game, but does anyone kind of think that without the prerendered style of the SNES games this new one has lost some the originals' charm?

Last edited:
So is K. Rool in this game at all? Haven't seen him or any other crocodile baddies in any of the marketing stuff yet.

They already confirmed there are no Kremlings in this.

I got the green "see through" green 64 with the graphics expansion pack and yellow DKC 64 pack in game for Christmas when it came out because my original 64 pooped the bed.

Memories, lol.

It'd be pretty awesome if the original DKC was unlockable after you beat the game or something.

TRU usually has pretty good deals with new releases, a $10 gift card or something. I'm hoping they'll have one of their buy one get one half off deals tomorrow... I'll get DKCR and maybe Goldeneye if they do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"